Joyo Pedals

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by BBB, Feb 6, 2012.

1. BBB

BBB Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

I bought a couple of Joyo pedals after reading all the good words here last week. I bought the flanger and compressor.

I've never had a flanger before so I can't really compare (still have to figure out how to dial in the real big swooping sound).

I do have a keeley compressor that I wanted to compare the joyo with. I'm not a big compressor guy but I have to say the Joyo holds up nicely. It's not as transparent as the keeley but it does sound nice. Much better then some of the cheaper compressor pedals which seem to give me a headache. For as much as I use a compressor, I think the keeley might have to go up for sale.

I was wondering if the Vintage Overdrive is worth getting? I have a modified tubescreamer that is great, but if the Joyo is close....

Are there any other similiar (damn Chinese knockoffs) makers out there?

2. slaveunit

slaveunit Well-Known Member

Biyang maybe? But cost a little bit more.

3. Dennis

Dennis Well-Known Member

The two Joyo's that I have are the Ultimate Drive which is a good pedal and very similar to my Marshall BluesBreaker pedal. The other is the Digital Delay and I am very impressed with this pedal.

Sorry that I can't speak about the pedals you've mentioned and I'm interested in the other Joyo's as well.

4. squierfanboi

squierfanboi Well-Known Member

i'm curious too, i've heard good things about some of the behringers and danelectros..

5. LargeIcedCoffee

LargeIcedCoffee Well-Known Member

I just got the Joyo 6 band EQ. It's hilarious how asian it is. The box just says "PEDAL" and the papers inside say "6 bands EQ" instead of "6 band."

It sounds AWESOME though. I'm using it to take a little edge of my teles and it's essentially identical to the MXR. Highly, highly recommend.

Looking at the ultimate drive but I don't really need it.

6. Perfect Stranger

Perfect Stranger Well-Known Member

The Joyos are fantastic. I've sold at least one more expensive pedal for each Joyo I've gotten. So far
    I've gotten four, and three more on the way. I've freed up a ton of capital changing over to the Joyos
    and in most cases improved my sound. I still want another two....:thumbup:

7. James

James Well-Known Member

I've got the EQ and delay. The delay I am on the fence about it doesn't seem as transparent as I like but I am not a connoisseur of delays either. The EQ is fantastic, I know a guy who gigs with a fish n chips and he keeps extras because he seems to break one every year, I don't think this one will break nearly as easy.

bbd14b04cb73666526942dfe0013ea15.jpg

8. backinit

backinit Well-Known Member

I have no experience with the vintage overdrive, but I would recommend the ultimate drive and keeping the gain dialed back some, maybe at 9:00.

9. RedLesPaul

RedLesPaul Well-Known Member

At least it isn't called Number 1 Pedal :lol:

10. Perfect Stranger

If you can only get one of the two...I'd go with the Ultimate Drive. Simply because you can get the VOD sound and several other great ones from the Ultimate.....hence the name. :thumbup:

11. BBB

You can get the vintage tone out of an ultimate drive?

Any other suggestions for other makers? Maybe a fuzz but any ideas are cool.

12. Perfect Stranger

Joyo Ultimate Octave is all the fuzz you could need or want....

13. harley45

harley45 New Member

Joyo, Biyang, Belcat, Moen, Artec, KLD, Akai, the Washburn Blues Overdrive is just a rebranded biyang or Belcat as far as I know and very cheap.....

I've only had a chance to try the Joyo pedals. I have the 6-Band EQ, Dyna Comp, Ultimate Drive and Ultimate Octave. I love them all. They're copies of MXR and Fulltone pedals and just blew me away when I plugged them in for the first time. I'd really like to try the Artec and Belcat pedals next. The Moen and Akai look interesting too but are a little to pricey for chinese pedals IMO.

14. ECruz

ECruz Well-Known Member

I've got the EQ, Phaser, Flanger and Delay on my ebay watch list. Just waiting for the right time to pull the trigger on them.

15. Perfect Stranger

I'd have to disagree with you on some of those. The Washburn, Moen, and Biyang are NOT like the Joyos at all.

I've got the Joyo Classic Flanger, The California Sound, The Ultimate Octave, The Dyna Compressor, The Tremolo,
    and the Digital Delay. They are each a copy of a better know, more expensive pedal. I love them....I've sold
    my more expensive, better known pedals to get the joyos. They are amazing and have allowed my to save
    LOTS of money in that area.

16. BBB

Just out of curiosity, have you tried the other makers? I dig the joyo compressor but I haven't tried all the Joyo pedals that you have. I thought the artec fuzz might be interesting since its kind of two fuzzes in one, but I don't really know.

ps- how do you get those big sweeping sounds out of the flanger? I need to play with mine more.

one more- how's the California sound?

17. harley45

harley45 New Member

Well, I honestly don't know what you're disagreeing with.LOL I was just listing the names of various inexpensive chinese pedal manufacturers that I know of. I only own the Joyo pedals which seem to be the most common. I have absolutely no first hand knowledge of the other pedals and can't say much about them beyond their names. I also love my Joyo pedals, as stated above, and i know well that they're clones of some very expensive pedals....The Vintage Overdrive is a tubescreamer clone, the Ultimate Drive is a Fulltone OCD clone and the Ultimate Octave is a Fulltone Ultimate Octave clone plus the few MXR (and I think Z'vex maybe? can't remember) clones they do. So we are basically in agreement.lol I have heard some good things about certain Moen and Biyang Pedals but I hear it depends on which ones you get and they're pricier than he Joyo's and not as much of a sure thing.

18. Perfect Stranger

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across so ornery. I just meant that the Joyo pedals aren't like the Artec, or
    Washburn, etc. pedals. I've had most of those and gotten rid of them long ago.

BTW, I just ordered the Joyo Classic Chorus....woohoo....:thumbup:[hr]
    The California Sound is AMAZING! Does exactly what it's supposed to do. Not quite as quiet as most of the other pedals, but expected with a super hi-gain pedal. It has many sweet tones that can be dialed in.

As for the flanger....play with the "Range" and "Regen"....to get some big swoops...

19. BBB

Thanks

20. skat37

skat37 New Member

damn ive never even herd of these. looks like my credit card might get smacked around again....