Upcoming Super Secret Supro Deals!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by JAMES SCHAFFNER, Dec 4, 2017.

1. JAMES SCHAFFNER

JAMES SCHAFFNER Well-Known Member

So as a result of Sam Ash messing up my order for the Supro Westbury I got my hands on some early sale info and thought I'd share it here. I don't know when these prices will go live. The sales guy told me they ordered a bunch of these though.

[​IMG]
    Supro 1593EW Martinique: Now $499 (Was $1,199)
    The ultra versatile and incredibly unique Martinique reissue mates a chambered mahogany back with a newly-developed, composite “Acousti-glass” top. The magnetic Vistatone pickup and bridge mounted Piezo pickup can be used independently or blended using the 50’s wired master volume control. Finishing touches include vintage correct tuners, an Art Deco stairstep tailpiece, and an elegant Ermine white finish.

[​IMG]
    Supro 1582V Coronado II: Now $449 (Was $999)
    The Coronado II blends the vintage Supro style with modern advances like a distortion friendly Acousti-Glass top and a redesigned two bolt neck joint that attaches the Mahogany neck to the lightweight Semi Hollow Mahogany body. Under the hood are single coil Vistatone pickups based off the original Ralph Keller designed Valco units from the early 50’s. The bridge pickup retains a nice midrange presence that cranks out swampy blues and vintage growl. The Jet Black finish is as timeless as the wide body Supro style.
    [​IMG]
    Supro 1575JB Black Holiday: Now $399 (Was $899)
    This beautiful Black Holiday model offers a no nonsense two-knob layout so you can focus on cranking out pure bluesy grit on the vintage Vistatone pickups. This single coil pickup was actually cited as prior art in the patent for the original PAF pickup so good luck debating its legendary sound and deep influence on rock n’ roll. The Art Deco stairstep tailpiece and lightweight semi-hollow Mahogany body offer modern playability.
    [​IMG]
    Supro 1570WB Sahara: Now $299 (Was $699)
    The Semi-Hollow Supro Sahara revisits the Acousti-Glass top/Mahogany body combination to deliver a lightweight instrument with extra resonance and dynamic natural projection. The single coil Vistatone pickup uses the 50’s wiring scheme to help maintain midrange bite on low volume settings. It also offers fantastic versatility switching from glassy cleans to full on growl whenever you desire. The dobro tailpiece and blue metallic finish solidify a vintage vibe.
    [​IMG]
    Supro 1527SW Belmont Electric: Now $299 (Was $699)
    From the standout sparkle white finish to the legendary single coil Vistatone pickup, the new Belmont is a faithful tribute to it’s early 60’s fiberglass predecessor. This modern version uses a newly developed Acousti-Glass top, which actually enhances resonance while keeping the original sought after mid range voice. The ultra playable lightweight Mahogany body, revamped two-bolt neck joint, and dobro tailpiece complete this Sam Ash super deal.

PV 1955 likes this.
  2. JAMES SCHAFFNER

3. Tyrannocaster

Tyrannocaster Well-Known Member

Supros were a great buy when they were cheap underdogs. At those prices, they're way overpriced. And the supposed list prices are a joke.

4. LongBlackTie

LongBlackTie Well-Known Member

I've always liked the Sahara. If the price drops I'll be looking hard at it

5. keeffan

keeffan Well-Known Member

Those are sweet deals. Got my Westbury the other day. Very well built!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

6. golem

golem Well-Known Member

The Martinique sounds interesting.

7. uwmcscott

uwmcscott AGF Survivor Champ

The sale prices are probably closer to what the original MSRP should have been. It could be also an indication that the "buy up an old brand name not produced anymore and make them in china" market is getting saturated too.

8. despiadado

despiadado Well-Known Member

Those aren't the Thunderbolt :(

9. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

It's cool there are new/retro models becoming available and people may pay a bit more for something other than the same ol telestrat but only a bit more.

10. cybermgk

cybermgk Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

I paid full street price for my Westbury, and don't regret it one bit. It's a top notch guitar, and extremely well-made. I do think they fit well in that $500-$800 price point. They are, imho more than a match guitar to guitar with upper end Epis, Schecters, Import PRS's etc. Point of fact, only better made guitar I currently have are my Ernie Ball Music Man and a Gibson Classic.

This seems like end of year, too much stock blow-out sale.

LongBlackTie and cornfed like this.
  11. JAMES SCHAFFNER

I did get a Westbury model eventually from them, just not the color I wanted. It was such a nice sounding and feeling guitar though that I opted to keep it. The pickups are really really good. I would have to agree with @cybermgk . These are are a steal at the blowout prices.

It does seem the Island series are made in Indonesia. The serial starts with IW which I think is World musics Indonesian factory. The Americana series which is what the above are made in China. I have no idea by who. That alone wouldn't really bother me but I have read about more QC issues on the Americana series. Based on the Westbury though and how great the pickups are I will probably snag one of the above when they become available.

cybermgk likes this.
  12. mighty_duck

mighty_duck Well-Known Member

13. LongBlackTie

LongBlackTie Well-Known Member

Jamesport looks really cool, but I've always had a hankering for the Sahara.

14. littlericky

littlericky New Member

Sam Ash has blue Hamptons posted at $399
    6512e892835522156d2c9d646a29c77d._.jpg

LongBlackTie likes this.
  15. blowtorch

blowtorch Well-Known Member

Also the white ones, but one less, now ;)

LongBlackTie likes this.