NGD #1: D'angelico "deluxe Brighton" Solidbody

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by Gergo, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Gergo

Gergo Well-Known Member

I played one of these at Guitar Center about a year ago and was impressed enough to always keep getting one in the back of my mind, if I ever found a good deal on one. The list prices for the new D'Angelico solidbodies are just a bit steep in my opinion ($1300), seeing how they are Korean-made guitars. Luckily, I found an "open box" deal that was over $300 off, plus I made a lower "best offer" and they surprisingly accepted. I think I got a pretty good deal since the case and shipping was included.

1a.jpg
    I have to say that this guitar is top notch all the way. The finish is flawless, and it sounds killer.
    The body is swamp ash, and the neck is Maple with a Pau Ferro fretboard. The back of the neck is satin finished, for fast play.
    The weight is a very nice 8 LBS.
    The hardware seems to be very nice, and features locking tuners and straplocks.
    Nut is cut perfectly, and the action is super low.
    The pickups are custom made for D'Angelico by Seymour Duncan, and are a slight variation of their "59 humbuckers. Extremely articulate and full sounding. Also they are splittable with push/pull tone pots.

The guitar is extremely resonate with absolutely beautiful clean tones run through the clean channel of my Egnator. The guitar can rock too, as the pickups sound great with crunch. The sustain on this guitar is amazing!
    Now, the neck is a little "different". It is listed as a "slim C" profile, but it still has a nice amount of girth. The radius is a flat 13" radius.

2a.jpg

I highly recommend any of the D'Angelico solidbodies as they are extremely well-made, high-quality guitars.

There are actually two series of solidbodies by D'Angelico. There is this "Deluxe" series, which is the little more high end series, and then there is the "Premier" series, that list for around $799 I think. Those have Basswood bodies and Duncan Designed pickups I believe, and I am sure they are fine guitars as well.

3a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    6a.jpg
    5a.jpg

2. ID10T

ID10T Well-Known Member

There is a whole lot to like about that guitar. I like all to mods that we all do and the stuff to make an affordable guitar fit, but I also really like "turn-key, move in ready" guitars.
    Cheers

Gergo likes this.
  3. Itsme_AJ

Itsme_AJ Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I like the imperial tuners. Good looking guitar!

Gergo likes this.

4. Gergo

Gergo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love modding guitars. It's fun, and you get a great value guitar in the end, but I agree, it's nice to get something ready to roll from the get go every once in a while

ID10T likes this.
  5. jam

jam Well-Known Member

Hey! I don't hate that headstock, which surprises me. And I do love the rest of it. That's a really nice guitar.

Gergo likes this.
  6. t-glo

t-glo Well-Known Member

That thing is gorgeous. Oh my Im lusting so bad. Must look away but can't seem to.

Gergo likes this.
  7. uglyvw

uglyvw Well-Known Member

Very nice, there is a lot of bling on that thing.

Gergo likes this.
  8. dearlpitts

dearlpitts Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wow absolutely gorgeous. HNGD

Gergo likes this.
  9. Gergo

Gergo Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's a really nice guitar. I am very impressed. I am kinda wanting another one now. Maybe one with P-90's

jam likes this.
  10. jwguitar

jwguitar Well-Known Member

That looks to be built in the WMI factory in Korea. They make excellent guitars. I think you definitely got a great deal on that guitar.

Gergo likes this.