A Gratitude Thread

Discussion in 'What's left to Talk About?' started by golem, Aug 11, 2019.

1. golem

golem Well-Known Member

I just played for the last hour on my '79 strat and am feeling really upbeat and felt like making a gratitude thread. I'm hoping other people will join in, and I don't want them to narrow their gratitude to just members here, but that's where I want to start.

@andrewsrea.
    Seriously, I owe Rob a lot. He's made me several sets of pickups (lost count), fixed up several amps (lost count), and set up several guitars (lost count) for me as well as given me advice. I have much nicer gear than I would have otherwise if it weren't for him.

@slaveunit
    I bought quite a few pedals off of him, I've literally lost count. Maybe 6-7? Good deals on all of them. Gave several of them to my cousin who is a struggling musician/artist in LA.

@JAMES SCHAFFNER
    All around cool dude, I got a great deal on a PRS S2 Starla. I'm pretty sure I traded that to another member here for the Macbook I'm typing on.

@Buddha Pickups
    I'm pretty sure I've bought 2 or three sets of pickups from him. All good deals.

@mozz
    He did a fundraiser sale for a member on here, can't remember who. Bought a pickguard off of him from that. He does great work and I have to give props to him giving back.

Who or what are you grateful for?

2. golem

golem Well-Known Member

Bump on the off chance someone wants to continue this trend.

3. Gagoosh

Gagoosh Well-Known Member

@tobijohn
    I had a cracked AL jack plate and couldn't find the right size, tobijohn sent me one and didn't ask for anything in return. I meant to thank him on the board but life got busy so better late than never. Thanks, brother!

4. LessPawl

LessPawl Well-Known Member Supporting Member+ Gold Supporting Member

I've been on the receiving end of so much great advice from so many on this forum, I don't want to make a list because i might miss someone. The coolest thing about this forum is that the members have such diverse backgrounds that we literally have experts at pretty much anything one could ever need any helpful advice or ideas on. I'm grateful that I found this place. Lots of amazingly cool folks here. Thanks for having me guys and gals. Gratitude is good.

5. helsinkirocks

helsinkirocks Well-Known Member

Too many members have been kind to me in the years I've been here, and I can't possibly name them all.
    This is a fantastic place.

6. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

Thankful for this place but really this place is all the great people here. I still want to have some sort of get together in person some time. Maybe a namm la meetup/jam?

7. tonray

tonray Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

I'm grateful for a forum that hasn't banned me yet!

8. sabasgr68

sabasgr68 Well-Known Member

@golem

My list would be endless.

I´ve expressed my gratitude to each one.

And there´s always a prayer in my heart for everyone here everyday.:praying:

That would be great and I always have thoughts on how would it be to meet some of those AGFers.

In the meantime, AGF is the place.

9. DonM

DonM Well-Known Member Supporting Member+ Supporting Member

I’m grateful for camaraderie and shared knowledge everyone is so willing to share.

jimytheassassin and BrianSkeezer like this.
  10. idiotsdelight

idiotsdelight Well-Known Member

Geeez, where do we start?

rmfroyd?
    slaveunit?
    tvvoodoo?
    honyock?
    tobi?
    stacks?
    adad?
    golem?
    cornfed?
    jimmytheassasin?
    devdem?

I could go on... If I didn't mention you I sincerely apologize.

Seriously, this is like a hometown.

11. mighty_duck

mighty_duck Well-Known Member

Yup, maybe the coolest corner of the interwebs. Great people all around, with little to none of the drama of some other places which shall remain nameless.
    Gals? When did that happen? :tongueout:

12. tonray

tonray Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

I guessed you missed my Happy New Man Purse Day Post

mighty_duck likes this.
  13. mighty_duck

mighty_duck Well-Known Member

:smile:

I guess we'll have to settle for what we got.

tonray likes this.
  14. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member Supporting Member+ Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Diversity REALLY IS a good thing! It's too bad that some folks can't appreciate that fact. But it really is what makes this place so awesome!

It's OK, to disagree as long you can do it agreeably. The different experiences, perspectives of everyone here, coupled with people's willingness to share makes this forum a rare and beautiful place!

OK, I'll stop now, before I get all mushy.

15. uglyvw

uglyvw Well-Known Member

I'm not terribly active on forums or online in general for that matter. That said, this place is kind of like home on the internet. Seems like we have a great variety of folks and really none of the ego, or at least those folks don't seem to stick around.

16. voodoorat

voodoorat Well-Known Member

tons of good advice (and interesting opinions) here and don't have to worry buying something off pretty much any of you guys.

jimytheassassin and BrianSkeezer like this.
  17. andrewsrea

andrewsrea Well-Known Member

I have sincere gratitude to the AGF community. It allows me to escape the corporate events which otherwise encompass my life, with topics I really like and would rather be doing.

Great bunch of folks, but specifically @golem , @JAMES SCHAFFNER & @Lamf77 who seek the wisdom and occasionally spend an afternoon with me and let me work on their toys. @tobijohn & @Mickey for keeping AGF interesting and alive.

18. solteroblues

solteroblues Well-Known Member

@tobijohn sent me some P90 screws that I couldn't find anywhere, and he sent them to me for free!

Someone else here sent me a chorus pedal for free, sorry, its been a while so I can't remember who it was!

So many others here have been so nice, and offer great advice, so thank you all AGF!

19. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member AGF Registered Dealer

I am grateful, for AGF, a generally sensible and smart guitar community, that takes care of its own, and is generally welcoming to others.
    I think of AGF as my home base on the web, the first place I always visit when I open a browser, and if you are like me, we visit a LOT of places.
    Too many members to list here, brothers who have inspired me, spend hard earned dough with me and have allowed/encouraged me to grow as a craftsperson/artisan. As well, I too have bought and sold guitars with brothers here, vendors and privates both new and used, a few of you guitar nerds as well as various cool goods by the Froydster. Never a deal gone squirrelly, and so many over a decade, so that really says something about the quality people here.

Thank you!

20. fullonshred

fullonshred Well-Known Member

I am grateful for the vast majority of posters on this board. The few like malymal have been rare anomalies.

@tonebender did the board and me a huge positive when he graciously included his Custom Fender SCXD Head in the sale of Felix G's 2012 Gibson SG Standard. And then as if that wasn't enough he decided to include the matching cabinet he had custom made as well. Just crazy generous in my book!

[​IMG]

Also grateful for the far too many more to name who have sent Prayers Mojo and Positive vibes not only to me in my health battles, but also to all who ask for help with whatever is vexing them at any given time. Pretty amazing people here in that respect.