Agile Guitars

Discussion in 'Backing Track Central' started by Phaskell, Mar 13, 2019 at 5:30 AM.

1. Phaskell

Phaskell New Member

Whats the deal on AGILE guitars , was thinking of getting one of the 3010se models , any good vs a cheap Epiphone les paul 100 .

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member Supporting Member+ Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Yes, I would buy the 3010 Agile over an Epi 100.

Mickey likes this.
  3. AnotherJim

AnotherJim Active Member

I have a 3010 gold top with p90’s pickups and the guitar is amazing. Way better than my Epiphone Les Paul Studio. So yes....they probably are

4. Fat Jack

Fat Jack Well-Known Member

I have a rootbeer 3010se and an oceanburst 3100. I'd say the 3010 is better than a mid level Epiphone much less a 100. The 3100 ,closest Epi is the plus top pro or something like that at twice the price. I'd say its better but could be sample size. Of course being a lefty Epi severely limits my color choice , minor peeve but a peeve none the less.

tobijohn and Mossman like this.
  5. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

Frankly, this is the question we use to troll each other and then we laugh and laugh.
    The agiles are so good that a whole online guitar community formed around them and has been going on for 10 years.
    The more appropriate questions are would it be 3 times better or 4.5 times better. Or 2 times better per $ or does the se play as well as model x.
    To buy one is a mark of distinction and class that will propel you right past the grey poupon crowd and their pedestrian Rolls Royces.

tobijohn, RiverDog, doc-knapp and 7 others like this.
  6. Mossman

Mossman Well-Known Member

A 3010 easily blows the doors off an Epi LP100... I'd say they're probably equal to a Standard, except for the pickups (Pro-Buckers are the bomb) but those are easily replaced.

I have an AL-3100MCC, and I found it to be a just a step above the Epi LP Custom Pro that I also owned. Here's my comparative review if you're interested:

https://www.aguitarforum.com/threads/agile-3100mcc-vs-epiphone-lp-custom-pro.94460/

7. MarkW

MarkW Active Member

Yes. The 3010 is better than an Epi 100.

8. Hoser

Hoser Well-Known Member

The Agile guitars blow epiphone out of the water. I will NEVER buy another epiphone guitar again, always have some sort of problem with epiphone. I have 3 Agile AL models and they are all fantastic, much more than you would get from any other brand by a long stretch. Customer service has always been outstanding too

Mossman likes this.
  9. Aullucci

Aullucci Well-Known Member

I have an Epi LP100 and I like it. The main drawback is the pickups. I think the pickups are somewhere between bad and awful, but I like the guitar itself and I'm looking forward to swapping them out for some p90's. That said, I prefer my AL 2000 to it, including the stock pups that were in it before I put in Buddhas. And the 3010 is a significant upgrade over the 2000. Not really a close call in my opinion

10. dearlpitts

dearlpitts Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I was just looking at my 3010 agile and it is truly anazing, the finih is just awesome, never mind it plays and sounds as good or better than any les paul i have EVER had, epi, gibson or any whatever else brand For 200 bucs its unbelievable how good it is. Andout of all the many les pauls(MANY) ITS THE ONLY ONE I STILL OWN.. yes they are way way wayyy better than a epi 100. 100 is a toy compared.

11. doc-knapp

doc-knapp Well-Known Member

An Agile 3xxx is built like a freakin' tank. They are made with quality woods, quality grover tuners, bridge, nut, etc.. If they were made in the United States instead of Asia, they'd be going for twice the price. As mentioned repeatedly, the place where Rondo cuts cost is on the electronics. With upgraded pickups and pots it can rival any guitar at any price.

tobijohn likes this.
  12. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

just picked up my AL3010SE yesterday, I'd say is easily is on par with my Epi LP Custom Pro I used to own.

I'd say it is most similar to my ESP LTD EC-256 actually.

I have owned AL3200, AL3100, AL3000, AL2500, AL2000 Agiles some old design and some new.

The 3010 would probably not be my 1st choice of those, but it is still a great value.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

13. jjudas

jjudas Active Member

An Agile AL 3010 SE is a much better guitar than an Epiphone LP 100.

14. DonM

DonM Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

I have a 3010 Rootbeer and a 3010 Goldtop. They are outstanding.

Mossman likes this.
  15. JeffBeck

JeffBeck Baldy McBaldhead Staff Member

The only drawback to an Agile is the inability to try before you buy. That said, yes, any of the Agile 3xxx will be night and day better than an Epiphone.

Mossman and Mickey like this.
  16. RiverDog

RiverDog Well-Known Member

17. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

I can say I have 2 agile s and since getting them I have not been tempted in the least by any epi I've seen or played.

voodoorat and Mossman like this.
  18. voodoorat

voodoorat Well-Known Member

i have had two agiles (an al-3010se and an ad-2300, but i have none right now) and i feel the same: i've only owned one epi but i've never played an epiphone that i thought compared favorably to either of them.

Mossman likes this.
  19. uglyvw

uglyvw Well-Known Member

I've got a couple of the older models and they are amazing instruments. Over the years I have played a couple of epi lp models that were really nice, but they were the much higher spec'd models and were much pricier. That said, most every epi I have ever picked up paled in comparison to the Agiles I have. Now days, I don't really even pick up an Epi at all. Also welcome to the forum, if you look around you will find that we are not Agile fanboys around here at all, but are just guitar enthusiasts that landed here after discovering just how good these guitars are. Most all of us have multiple guitars from multiple manufacturers.

nomadh, Mossman and Mickey like this.
  20. Gergo

Gergo Well-Known Member

The Agiles have way better specs, and are a great bang for the buck, but they don't really have much of a Les Paul feel or vibe IMO. Try to find an older, pre 2014 Agile because I really think the newer ones are not quite up to par with the older ones.

The higher end Epiphones are going to have better electronics and pickups, as well as more of a real Les Paul vibe. The quality of the electronics on the Agiles may not be an issue if your into modding.

Keep in mind though that if you buy an Agile, don't expect to get squat for it if you ever want/need to resale it.

Mossman likes this.