Anyone Use Guitar Madness Aetec Power Rails High Output Fat Rail Humbuckers X2n Style Pickups???

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Chad, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

What do you think of them. I want to use them for drop d, and lower drop tunings... C, B, A. Will they deliver tight aggressive clarity for fast rhythm playing, palm muting and also deliver on pinch harmonics and good lead playing tones?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  2. Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

ttt for views.

3. Gergo

Gergo Well-Known Member

Bump. I don't have an answer for you, but would like to know too

4. Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

@littlebadboy do you happen to know by chance? I know you like heavier music and pickups like these.

5. Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Listing is falling off the map already and nobody has any experience with these pickups?

6. Pilipete_Townshend

Pilipete_Townshend Well-Known Member

never tried that particular one except for the old dimarzio and duncans. They're wound as a shredding machine with a ceramic magnet.

7. Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Anyone?

8. slowhand84

slowhand84 Well-Known Member

Honestly just save up $50 more and buy the real deal Dimarzio X2N. The Artec stuff and other brands like em really doesn't measure up whatsoever and unless you’re aiming to put the set into a REALLY cheap guitar and want to save the money, spending $100 on a used set of dimarzios is a perfectly smart investment. You can always get that money back if you sell em later :).

mark_morton likes this.
  9. Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Only problem is a set of those dimarzios for 4 different guitars adds up quick. Id rather stay at the place I found the Artecs for 6 sets of the copies for $96.92 shipped its 6 sets for the price of one Dimarzio X2N single pickup. Im hoping they are better than the Guitar Madness super 8 pickups.

10. slowhand84

slowhand84 Well-Known Member

Ah I see, didn’t know you were aiming to buy multiple sets. I can tell you that the fact that they’re 6 sets for the price of 1 Dimarzio pretty much tells you what you need to know about the quality, but they’re certainly usable pickups for a project. I have played a few guitars with the Guitar Fetish high output rail pups before and they’re pretty decent.

11. Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

If those Guitar Fetish high output rail pups sound decent then I imagine the Artec Power Rails will sound similarly decent.

12. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Well-Known Member

Apologies for not seeing this earlier. I'm a teacher, and remote teaching is driving us nuts. But, still grateful we still have a job.

I have really liked my "affordable" pickups so far, based on my preferred "heavy" music taste.

The Artec coil sized rails in Alnico 5 with XL rails were great on my Tele. Didn't sound like a humbucker or a single coil, but had its own unique sound and drives really well. The overwound GFS neck was great too for cleans and bluesy tones.

I tried the GM Dirty Digits bridge and it was a wild animal! It really drives really nice, but the clean was... well it wasn't meant for cleans. I usually the neck for cleans anyway and the GM P94 was great at it!

I wanted to splurge on a branded pickup set for my first US guitar (well, only the body is US) and tried the DiMarzio D-Activator X set, and oh my God... it was worth the $$$! Bridge and neck were great on cleans or dirty, very well defined tone, etc. I would say it was what I have been looking for. It has the nice characteristics of an active system in a passive setting. I use parallel mode on cleans coz I have never been a fan of splits, and it was also great at it!

I have the GM Railbucker bridge in one of my "affordable" guutars, it also drives really well! (Oh, did I mention that I really like driven tones?) However, I have to say that it is kind of tamed for my taste. I do not have a decent demo of it except for the one below, but I will do a better one soon.

I have tried the ultra cheap Fleor ones... I didn't really like them, sorry.

I hope I was of some help.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020