April Showers brings a Strap ATTACK!

Discussion in 'Dealer's Corner' started by tvvoodoo, Apr 1, 2012.

1. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member

fdf90608a0431ca6f3b20ea562a28ea9.jpg

It's TIME FOR ANOTHER STRAP ATTACK!!!

As you can see, I've had a busy month. Here are the latest, newest, hottest offerings from the TVvoodoo Custom Strap ATTACK Emporium.

Here we have a mixture of various madnesses, a few things I wanted to try, throw 'em out there see if they stuck with the AGF crowd. Here's the front-side photos first, though I do hesitate to say that, because these are ALL easily worn reversed, and made to look good both ways.

d4ee59cc40587c799c2edd0369c44150.jpg

And, the other side...

e9f9405ff04000589e34175030e9c62f.jpg

As you can see, I've been "colouring outside the lines" a bit :grin:

Let's get to the descriptions. First up, top of the display we have
    "Bona-Mastah" which is made of Black Vinyl, and a crazy metallic gold and black striped denim, hence the name, with the gold/black theme. Just a basic strong, well padded strap, probably look real nice on a blacked out goldtop, methinks. $25

1839e7a46a3ad1048bbea7f48cde98ab.jpg

next on the list is one I knew what I was going to call as soon as I found the fabric, then I decided to test a new theme line with this one, called "Psych." If they sell alright, I'd love to make more.

bde19be1077877fe653ca7ed628498d4.jpg

If you look closely, "Bad Trip" it is actually a paisley pattern, thinking early 70's. Just one that is COMPLETELY whacked out on shrooms or acid or something. Reminds me of R. Crumb, the way the paisley ameobas are sort of cloud-like floaty spermazoid-ish thingies. The reverse side is a nice soft pure white padded vinyl. $25

Next up, in the Psych line is this freaky piece of work:

63feee46a65b509fcd97a504a408e853.jpg

Does it make you horny, baby? Oh Yeah, me too, Baby, real groovy. Totally seventies pattern here. Shag-a-delic is the same white vinyl, different accent material. I commented on another thread that working with this padded vinyl was a chore. Actually, it wasn't with these, because I was careful not to over-pad the straps where the stitches were supposed to go. However, they are definitely NOT under padded.
    Both are very nicely sewn, and the vinyl is not stiff.

Both of the above straps I think would best compliment a fine looking vintaged-out strat, or how about one of these on your SJM? Totally complete your groovy retro vibe. Shag-a-Delic is also $25

Next on the list... Hello Cleveland!

fb3d97f88532e54f764c62e96116b755.jpg

ARE YOU READY TO RAWK!!!! The name came from the colours. Primarily browns, this is probably one of the best plushly padded straps I've ever made where the stitching didn't fall all to crap. We have a nice rich brown suede on one side, and a thick corduroy upholstery material with a nice paisley pattern which I found about six yards of for five dollars at the thrift shop. You probably get it by now, I'm a bit of a paisley freak. This particular corduroy is just really nice strong fabric. Many of my straps actually have a two inch strip of this same fabric hidden inside as reinforcement. I liked the pattern so well, I figured I'd better use some of it for a backing to show off, as well. This one features leather, reversible, adjustable, $30.

That brings us to another leather job, by the name of Lounge Lizard.

73e8b9f28f9c377fa7b4d0e3e7be9d3b.jpg

You've seen this leather before, I described it as off the coat of some 70's lounge cruiser. Beautiful buttery saddle coloured leather.
    The other side fabric has been featured before, but never in this combination. It's a paisley upholstery, but the paisley is laid back, embroidered in metallic gold. You only see it when you move the strap back and forth. the other pattern on it is a floral, but not really girly floral, it's about as macho as a floral can be. Warm colours, muted roses etc. This strap is luxurious, padded, reversible and beautiful. This fine fine leather makes me want to price it at $35, but lets say $32

Last on the list for the April Showers Strap ATTACK! is Touch Too Much. One of my favourite classic AC/DC songs, I called this strap that name because of the materials involved.

87017bd7f351b9264daaaafba95c710d.jpg

One side I stripped off of a pair of velvety cotton twill ladies' jeans. It's so soft, with highly raised fibres, very much like velvet, but I would say this material is substantially more durable. You can't help but run your hand along it and marvel at how soft it is. The other side is rich dark chocolate coloured suede leather, and, believe it or not, it's even softer feeling than the cotton side! Hence the name of this strap. It's like that very hot attractive partner you once had, maybe still do... you just can't hold yourself back from touchin' all the damn time. Buy it and you tell me which side is more pleasurable, on your guitar or howsoever else you find ways to use it :grin: Touch has leather, so $30

All are padded, reversible, about 3" wide, and adjustable for length best-suited for folks between 5' 9" and I would say 6' 2". Each comes with my unpatented po' boys straplock system with easy-to-follow directions. Shipping is included in the prices. No other straps like this in the whole wide world, you'll have a ONE-ONLY, ORIGINAL to be proud of for years to come.

By now you've probably seen a review or two, if you need to refresh your memory >>Here's the REVIEW Thread<<where you, my AGF Brothers have had some pretty nice things to say.

Before you leave here though, I got something important to say. I need to remind you all while no one has directly claimed it yet, I TRULY do NOT believe a TVvoodoo strap will make you a better player. A TVvoodoo strap will most probably make you a more comfortable player, so you can play longer, and practice more, which really, is very, very good. Right?....

However... I CAN guarantee that a TVvoodoo custom strap will ABSOLUTELY compliment your fine, fine instrument, (if you choose wisely), AND make you a better LOOKING player, and really, you in particular who is reading this right now, should probably consider that your double-plus TOP PRIORITY. :lol:

Thanks for lookin' - if you are interested, I would jump now, as it's all first come, first served. I go by the PM rule - first PM to me to claim gits 'er done, not a texted claim in the thread. though that does help keep others from trying to claim the same ones too.

Bona-mastah - Sold
    Bad Trip -- CLAIMED
    Shag-a-Delic -- Available
    Hello Cleveland --Available
    Lounge Lizard -- Available
    Touch Too Much -- SOLD

2. Rick In Pa.

Rick In Pa. Well-Known Member

PM sent on Bona-Mastah cuz I know you were talkin to me ya jerk!

3. tvvoodoo

Was that about your goldtop, or that you need to get your priorities straight? :grin:
    PM'd Rick.

4. tvvoodoo

This hasn't hit the top since foos' day.

I found out earlier this week I can actually ship two straps together for the same price as one, which has spurred me to make this ridiculous offer for Easter Holiday Weekend... Ends Sunday Midnight CST

Purchase any LEATHER Strap, from my March or April offerings, add your choice of any vinyl strap from the same sets at half the original price.
    Yes, shipping is still included.

Something tells me it's about time you received a decent strapping. ((British schoolboy accent)) "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

2301b14dc246e4ab629c96c826f22bbb.jpg

5. Felix

Felix New Member

Nice. Very nice. Brad, you been hanging out at Bloomingdales? :wiggle:

6. Rick In Pa.

Rick In Pa. Well-Known Member

Bump, cuz everyone needs a Strap Attack!

7. tvvoodoo

T.G.I.F. bump

a7372a3f53d4d344389d9f37c0d758e9.jpg
    or, T.F.S.M.I.F. bump, if for those of alternate faith
    Buy any leather, I'll chuck in any vinyl for $15 until Sunday Midnight CST

shipping included.

8. cornfed

cornfed Well-Known Member

I'm "Strapped" for cash at the moment but hopefully next month I'll get attacked
    them is some cool stuffs

tvvoodoo likes this.
  9. Parkyy16

Parkyy16 New Member

Damn... I need to get one of these padded ones for myself one day. Keep making these! They all look great! I especially loved the typed out description of the straps with the pictures. :biggthumpup:

tvvoodoo likes this.
  10. Semperfidelis23

Semperfidelis23 New Member

Dang tvvoodoo, you come up with the most clever names!

tvvoodoo likes this.
  11. LookingDownTheCross

LookingDownTheCross Well-Known Member

:love_at_first::love_at_first::love_at_first::love_at_first::love_at_first::love_at_first:
    The Psych series aughhhh:love_at_first:

If I can some dough soon, and you still have either of those, you just might have a sale...or 2 XD
    I love psychedelia!

tvvoodoo likes this.
  12. tvvoodoo

Four left here. Another TGIF bump. Give me a reason to make some more!:baddevil:

13. AZ_AXE

AZ_AXE Well-Known Member

voodoo which ones in this series are left? I've got tax money coming and while its not yet here... its still burning a hole in my pocket. I have special interest in the Bona Masta, hello cleveland, and touch too much.

14. tvvoodoo

This is a bump of pure...
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]

15. SKYDAWG

SKYDAWG Well-Known Member

PM sent

tvvoodoo likes this.
  16. Luke137

Luke137 Well-Known Member

Man, I want the Bad Trip one.

Hey Voodoo, I think if you were to start taking "custom" orders you may sell even more. You have had GREAT ideas and very cool straps. I think maybe if people had an idea and could get you to carry it out you may sell even more. I know when I had the money I would buy one.

You really are making some cool straps! I REALLY want the white with red paisley one. :thumbup:

tvvoodoo likes this.
  17. AZ_AXE

AZ_AXE Well-Known Member

I took the touch too much. Thanks Brad!!! Can't wait to get it.

tvvoodoo likes this.
  18. tvvoodoo

I just PM'd skydog - pretty much to this effect:
    I'm not sure if I have more of that freaky paisley left - I have to check. part of the deal is I don't really want to re-make straps, that way everyone has a one-only custom. However, if I do have more of that material, (and I may), could I convince either of you guys to go with red/burgundy leather, suede or vinyl, or black vinyl on the reverse? that would make it a non-clone. would take me a few days to put new ones together.

SORRY - NO MORE BAD TRIP FABRIC IN STOCK - If paisley is your thing however, I have loads of it in about 20 different colours. show me the guitar you want it for, or colour preferences and I can put up samples or recommend by PM.

(alternately you could choose from any others in stock, which are already built!)

And yes, I do do what I call SUPER customs, which entails a bit of a consult, you show me pics of your guitar, we discuss, I offer up a selection of materials and ideas, etc. Takes a bit longer to do, but I've made several of those so far. costs around $50, (includes shipping) depending on what you want, and what I can do, materials I have in stock, need to purchase, etc.

Brad

19. SKYDAWG

SKYDAWG Well-Known Member

Where can I see what you have in stock?
    PM sent

20. tvvoodoo

Sky, there are links underneath my sig. At the bottom of the first post on each thread, I list each strap, and whether it has been sold or not.