Aria Pro N Ii Frontier 615 (tele)

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by tonray, Jul 3, 2019.

1. t-glo

t-glo Well-Known Member

2. t-glo

t-glo Well-Known Member

They almost look like early Ibanez copys.

tonray likes this.
  3. tonray

tonray Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019

4. tonray

Went to test the Maya telecaster today. Could not have been more disappointed. Not really at the guitar but the shop for allowing their stock to languish. I actually like this shop for a lot of reasons but they dropped the ball on this one.

As with the Maya strat the Tele is well constructed but is was nearly unplayable due to its poor condition. The strings were rusty, the higher frets were gritty (maybe just from the rusty strings hard to tell), there was noticeable buzzing as several frets due to no setup what so ever. Even if it had played well it had a small chip on the headstock and several dings I guess from being demoed in the shop. What a shame. This is where vendors need to get their reps out to stores and make sure that inventory is maintained. I know same at Guitar Center with most of their low end stuff.. But yeah that doesn't help your image with customers.

The search continues

5. slowhand84

slowhand84 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it's kind of the same in most places, there are very few shops these days that really take care of their stuff properly (even the high end stuff, so forget about a $100 tele).

I don't expect a guitar to be set up well when I test it out in the store especially since setup preferences vary from player to player, but I do expect that the guitar is at least reasonably comfortable to play. Whether new or used I know I'm going to have to set it up the way I like, but I imagine many really great guitars stay unsold because a player wants to feel good demoing an instrument...when you play something with rusty strings, dirty frets, mile high action, etc. your brain just automatically goes "this guitar is crap" even if it has the potential to be a stunner post-setup.

MicahC and tonray like this.
  6. tonray

Exactly.. I know the quality of this particular line and manufacturer but now it's tainted in my memory. Too bad too.