Brootz Strap Attack! SOLD OUT. gg!

Discussion in 'Dealer's Corner' started by tvvoodoo, May 1, 2012.

1. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member

5f4ce911e2a92aeb17957bd0e605463d.jpg

Yes, it's a new month, time for some new Strap Attacks - This time featuring the only publicly available "Brootz Series" straps. Up until now, all Brootz straps have been custom orders, with names such as "TripleX" "Fire Chicken Redux" "Freak-When-See" "White Hott" to drop a few names.

TVvoodoo Brootz guitar straps are geared towards all you "fizzy" sounding folks - I like the fizz quite a lot myself, but only if she's got some some rumble 'n roar to it - I can't get behind a chainsaw signal with no balls behind it. If you agree, then da Brootz is probably perfect for you! If you don't agree, well enjoy your puny little "Police Line - DO NOT CROSS" strap. Really, those are cool. :thumbup::ticking: And soooo very comfortable, I'll bet.

But first off, a brief public service announcement. This arrived in the mail today... and I want to thank all my customers, (mostly Rick in PA :grin:) for helping me purchase it!
    7f63effc297ad77b86d8983905cf16d0.jpg

It's called an oblong punch, and this little piece of metal was pretty darned expensive, but after using it tonight... well, you know the old saying there's a right tool, and many a wrong tool for every job (including the tool wielding the tool :grin:) This thing is the right tool - it helps me make the adjustment holes much improved on the back end of my straps - they look totally more pro, even if not more functional. A few of the straps you are about to see here allowed me to break 'er in. I've wanted one for soooo long. Now it is reality! Thank you! Onto the Brootz...

The Brootz series is distinguished by one feature, that is, they all have one special thingy on 'em, be it a metal item, a stud, or some kind of fancy cutout on the front. They also come with a certain style or design attitude you might expect from such a series. They are all well-padded, strong, tested and at least 3" wide at the shoulder, and have at least one side featuring quality leather. They are also all reversible, if you wish, though some are better suited one way, than the other. Prices include shipping.

Enough blah-blah, let's get to 'em.

Exhibit "A"

6e1e6e880b126c3c26746f0d45cc06b8.jpg

Exhibit "B"

bbcf9ef880cb2fabd0f57ce1f1524b9a.jpg

But, there's a bit of a twist, I'm changing it up a bit this month. Over the next several days, I will unveil and further the details on each of the six straps shown above.
    Only once I have detailed the strap, will it be FOR SALE. PERIOD. Please do not PM me asking about one I have NOT yet detailed. Your message will not be answered

First reveal... "Every Thorn Has it's... Thorn"

b64b70c5c482b0ff77257517e8d6346e.jpg

As soon as I saw the skirt in the thrift shop with this darkly evil black and white print on it, I knew it was going to be part of the Brootz series. Wish I could have met the lady who wore that, I'll bet she's somethin'. "Every Thorn" features dark-as-night black leather on one side, with my interpretation of a rose in pyramid studs on the "front." Or maybe it's a space invader. :puzzled: This strap features an end pin strap that also has the thorny print on it on one side, as well as strongly reinforced black leather. It would really look great on your black triple P90 SJM! (or any black, or white guitar) :grin: Every Thorn is SOLD! Wow, that was fast, and decisive :thumbup:

Next up we have: "Rock Chic" (pronounced sheek).

263ae23fa945c1fb5b8dfb6631ab822b.jpg

Sadly, the last time Sandra wiggled her fine, fine self into the python print denim jeans one side of "Rock Chic" came from, was backstage at the Dio concert in 1990. Back then she was quite the item, but unfortunately she ended up with a bun in the oven, (my money's on Vandenburg, not Vai, for obvious reasons :grin:), and the beautifully tight, slightly metallic size three jeans hung all lonely in her closet as a painful reminder of the total skank she once was for many years. The leather side is a fine, fine heavier black hide, with a quite a lot of interesting seam texture built in. The "front" pin side also features a large oval metal stud, with a very cool star type pattern on it. There are no stains on it anywhere, as far as I can tell. Who's man enough for Sandra? Let's find out. :thumbup:

Brootz #7, "Rock Chic" is SOLD!

NEXT UP IS Brootz #8, "Hott Crocolate"

9b261016c9e219220c3f6665fd0f2953.jpg

What can I say about this one? I guess for starters, when I found the dark, deep brown overcoat at the thrift shop i was grinning like a kid who robbed the candy store, and got away with it. Truly, they do not make leather like this anymore, or, it is priced out of my personal reach. The leather is not like butter, it's way better. Soooo very soft, supple. Best leather coat I have found so far, and quite a lot of material. I figured we needed a bit of variety in the brootz line, so I went with brown, but spiced it up with a dollop of flame shaped inset featuring metallic gold and brown fake croc - the effect is very nice. The reverse side is a thick fabric, like a velvet-meets-suede material, feels long wearing, but more importantly, it is sewed properly so that it has a lot of friction moving one way, to effectively halt a wandering neck. thread used is as bronzish T-69 heavy duty upholstery thread to highlight the croc, and set the whole thing off. I had a couple of stitching issues on it that showed up on the reverse side, (probably best with the croc out), and a little around the flame. If peering at intently within a two foot distance, you are bugged by it, maybe this is not the strap for you. Another wierd thing is this one wants to slightly curve when it is NOT under weight, so I figure it would be a total natural for a lefty - HOWEVER, under my testing, you honestly cannot feel any difference from a regular strap if you are a righty. If you have a darker brown, tobacco burst guitar with gold hardware, this is a natural to consider. Hott Crocolate is SOLD

Brootz #9 is named "Gun Mental"

6b5fde7d791d6cd5355d0b100560d4ae.jpg

Some friends of mine work in the warehouse of a large furniture retailer, and I see them every week to pick up flyers for my newspaper. Three of them play guitar as well, so it's always a nice stop to talk fiddle during my sales day. One day I backed up to the overhead door, and saw off to the side they had a home theater leather sofa set laying outside in the snow - apparently it had malfunctioned or was a piece of crap. They were writing it off and tossing it. I asked if I could strip some of the leather off it, they said "take the whole thing!" Well, I didn't have room, but I used my razor knife on my keychain to quickly strip off enough super nice medium black cowhide - enough for about four or five straps. Gun Mental is one of them featuring this material. The other side is made out of charcoal grey denim, with a strange-ish kind of metallic, sort of gunmetal sheen to it, hence the name. I was originally going to call it "The Bouncer" because it reminded me of your typical nightclub door heavy sort of combo. This one, in the Brootz tradition, also features one large rectangular metal stud with a cool western sort of star in it. if you are a bigger fella, like 6'2" and above, it can hang pretty low even on you!

Brootz #9, "Gun Mental" is $32 Sorry boys, she's SOLD

Also for sale in the Mayday! Strap Attack is Brootz #10: "Sex Gorilla."

f6c397069072ffc542010444b854b358.jpg

She was going into the Wild Things line, but I thought Sex Gorilla was better suited for the Brootz, because it is made to wear low, and mean. This baby is mainly some very brutish gorilla leather, (yeah I know they are endangered, it's COW gorilla leather you enviro freaks), from some gorilla type biker coat I found. I utilized the seams on the coat to carry through the whole length of the strap, which gives is a lot of textural interest. There is one small piece of metalz, namely a skull and bones on the frontside, along with a couple of badass X-marks the spot stitchings in black on the strap itself Where Brootz #11 really shines is the other side, which is a strangely comfortable and sexy synthetic pile material, but it's got a little sparkle to it, like Magilla has decked out his coat to attend Club 54. OK, it's not THAT sparkly, but it really looks evilly interesting under intense light, if you would ever choose to go all glam and wear it pile side out. It is not a silver sparkle, it is sort of a black sparkle, if you get my drift. I'm kind of at a loss for words describing this one, so I'm going to let the old National Velvet song that inspired this strap do the rest of the talking... Please fasten your seat belts, and extinguish all smoking materials...

That fully captures the attitude of "Sex Gorilla," Brootz #10 which is $32 which is now SOLD!
    >>>>>>>>>

And finally, to complete the first public rollout of the Brootz Series, we have #11, which I initially wanted to call "My Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Dreamz Dashed to Pieces Forever." Instead, we give a shout out to all of you out there who may be fans of He Who Shall Not Be Named, and are fluent in Parseltongue, by opting to call this one "Slytherin"

8007cf546d162457b251880ff1c0913b.jpg

Ok, so we have some super buttery soft none-more-black garment leather on the "frontside." Simple enough. On the reverse, we have a side of the sexiest, shiniest, coolest python textured silver/gray/black vinyl I've ever seen. It came off a pair of stretch vinyl pants I found in the ladies' section of the thrift shop and they fit me like a glove, even if it did look like I required some help in the "junk" department for the traditional Hair Rock look, I kept them aside harbouring daydreams of making them the base of my costume in my next career as lead guitar in my Cinderella Tribute Band, "Nobody's Fool." It was my wife who brought me back to reality: "Brad, you're 45 years old, quit f-f-f-foo-lin' yourself." She was right. So I cut up these gorgeous pants up for this strap. The solitary pyramid stud on the frontside signifies the single tear I cried when reality hit me, as the metal shears killed my fantasy dead, forever. :sniff:

Brootz # 11, the demise of my greatest dream, "Slytherin" is SOLD!

For my fellow AGF members who belong to the house of Slytherin and happen to be fully conversant in Parseltonge, further description and detail is RIGHT HERE ON MY SOUNDCLOUD

That concludes the Brootz line for now, maybe in the fall we'll pick it up again, outside of some more SUPER-CUSTOMS coming up.
    THANKS FOR LOOKING!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Every Thorn Has It's Thorn" - SOLD to Moogster
    "Rock Chic" SOLD to nomanband
    "Hott Crocolate" SOLD to RickinPA
    "Gun Mental" - SOLD to... The Nuge?
    "Sex Gorilla" - Sold to honyock
    "Slitherin" - SOLD to nomanband

nomanband likes this.
  2. idiotsdelight

idiotsdelight Well-Known Member

RE: Mayday! Strap Attack!

Swamp Donkey, tvvoodoo and macrocket like this.
  3. Rick In Pa.

Rick In Pa. Well-Known Member

Ugh! Here we go again! Damn you Strap Attack and your awesome straps!

(Oh, and, glad I could help Brad!)

tvvoodoo likes this.

4. macrocket

macrocket Well-Known Member

Holy shit, I think you've outdone yourself! These are your best looking straps yet. :biggthumpup:

tvvoodoo likes this.
  5. Moogster66

Moogster66 Well-Known Member

PM sent!

tvvoodoo likes this.
  6. nomanband

nomanband Well-Known Member

One of these days I WILL own one of your straps.. :) :thumbup:

tvvoodoo likes this.
  7. tvvoodoo

RE: Mayday! Strap Attack! Brootz #7 revealed

Bump for Sandra,
    8ccb22654914231cb400bd1ff30e2c4f.jpg

just a short note, I'm away from my computer until later tonight, so if you wish to lay a claim on "Rock Chic" PM me, and note it in the thread so
    that I don't get more than one laying claim to the same strappage. Thank you!

8. Moogster66

Payment sent! Thanks for the strap Brad!

tvvoodoo likes this.
  9. arron

arron Well-Known Member

nice looking straps
    here is another idea

tvvoodoo and macrocket like this.
  10. nomanband

nomanband Well-Known Member

PM sent on Sandra, er, I mean, Rock Chick... :)

tvvoodoo likes this.
  11. Moogster66

Dat boy GOOD! He GOOD!

tvvoodoo likes this.
  12. tvvoodoo

RE: Mayday! Strap Attack! Brootz #8 revealed

Bump for more chocolately goodness - LETS ROCK THIS GROOVE

13. cornfed

cornfed Well-Known Member

i'm having a case of GASSATTACKASTRAPPA,,it's a rare disease,,yet fairly common on the AGF
    lookin good man keep 'em commin' :thumbup:

tvvoodoo likes this.
  14. Rick In Pa.

Rick In Pa. Well-Known Member

PM sent on Hott Chocolate

tvvoodoo likes this.
  15. tvvoodoo

RE: Mayday! Strap Attack! Brootz #9 revealed

Bump for Brootz Numbers...

f5b6fc8088138901cbc85dbb9366c098.gif

and...
    0dc81bfafef15939a5ba03885a436db8.gif e11df9d46d33c49989fb59b3419c4e3c.gif

16. tvvoodoo

RE: Mayday! Strap Attack! Brootz #10 revealed

Sex Gorilla Bump

17. AZ_AXE

AZ_AXE Well-Known Member

These look great. I'm gassing for one of these and I haven't even gotten the first one I ordered yet. I might have to find a reason to give one of these as a b-day gift.

tvvoodoo likes this.
  18. FastMattTX

FastMattTX Well-Known Member

Wow, more Strap Attack awesomeness!

Love the straps you sent me - put the leather/denim one (similar to Rock Chick but with different metal and gray snakey piping) on my LPB Tele and it has to be the most comfortable strap I've ever tried and rock solid. Actually felt natural to play standing up, and that's not something I normally do. Davy Crockett looks awesome - think you outdid yourself on design and workmanship - and will probably wind up on my go-to Seagull acoustic when I add a strap button at the neck heel. WTF? is actually anything but.

Of course, there are no pics so this didn't really happen. Work and classes have kept me busy lately and my playing time is random half-hours with the Seagull. I hate taking crappy pics, so that'll happen when I have good light, a good mood, and plenty of time.

Glad your straps are flying out the door - except Hott Crocolate! Just about made-to-order for my natural, finish-free Epi Dot. If you have more of that chocolatey brown leather, I'd be interested in a custom along the same lines but more Art Deco-ish... maybe with a different cutout pattern and black, silver, or gold instead of croc.

[​IMG]

This is the guitar I'm talking about - PM me if you have more leather and are interested in doing one for her.

Your straps just keep getting better - keep up the [email protected] work!

tvvoodoo likes this.
  19. tvvoodoo

RE: Mayday! Strap Attack! Brootz #11 revealed

Give me a moment to think on that one... I do have plenty of that brown leather left.

FastmattTX - could I get you to copy and post this in my actual review thread? >>>RIGHT OVER HERE<<<

Thanks much

Brad

20. tvvoodoo

RE: Mayday! Strap Attack! ALL Brootz revealed

All Mayday Brootz revealed, regular TGIF Bumpage.

[​IMG]