Comfortably Hung

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Fat Jack, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Fat Jack

Fat Jack Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Today I became a comfortably hung Bad Hombre. 10 days after our delightfully insane strapmiester ship 20190812_183304.jpg my narcos bad hombre it showed up. This is 3 days before Canada Post thought it would and had 2 weekends of sitting I think, unless customs blew it through. Brad packed his usual goodies sticker , hawkins cheese puffs picks and switch dealies, and to my delight a glass slide which I hope to learn how to use. On to the best part it is indeed a well made highly comfortable strap - a 10 pound AL feels nice. Looks are great the blue not matchy matchy with the oceanburst but plays well with it. If Clint Eastwood played guitar in a spagetti western this would have been his strap of choice.

andrewsrea, Spike, Razzle and 8 others like this.
  2. Fat Jack

Strap happy

3. slowhand84

slowhand84 Well-Known Member

Nice, that's a sweet lookin' matchup. New Well Hung Strap Day is one of the year's best holidays. Enjoy!

4. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member AGF Registered Dealer

Yeah, I been trying to keep an eye out for some sort of material that would be perfect for Kurt's ocean bursts, but he keeps changing up the burst colours too!
    Good thing about the mexi straps is they are really portable, I mean they look kind of in-place on almost any guitar so if you tire of that, there will be an
    easy home for it elsewhere, particularly acoustics. That one is the very last of the Blue Bad Hombres.

Dang it, I'd remembered You were a lefty, I would have added the surcharge, LOL!

Thanks for the shout out FJ, and the pic - hope it treats your shoulder well over the many years it's going to be with you

Chocol8 likes this.
  5. idiotsdelight

idiotsdelight Well-Known Member

Great thread title!

Good looking work there Brad.

6. tvvoodoo

Had a great day of strap making today - - I find so much joy in this. Just sold another on reverb a few minutes ago, another grey Bad Hombre - anybody
    here? Sometimes I wonder if I accepted a return to real day job too quick, I second guess myself so much on that decision. did I give up too easy?
    Anyway, doesn't matter as long as I can still crank 'em out once in awhile, and make some folks happy, make a few bucks, make even more new friends.

At the new job they want to move me from the service desk to the finance office, where I am to try to help bad credit folks get into cars. Another part of it is I also
    will be in charge of the dealership advertising and such, which is pretty much my wheelhouse. There's a base plus commission. The service desk was super challenging, but a low person on the totem pole... underpaid for all the stress and dancing required with customers, sales persons, mechanics, etc.
    We shall see how it goes.

BrianSkeezer and Chocol8 like this.
  7. idiotsdelight

idiotsdelight Well-Known Member

The luthier & his wife that I hang with gave me some great advice awhile ago when I was considering working at SD. Take the job that allows you to do what you want in your free time. Looking back they were 100% correct. I like the social aspect of my job too.

BrianSkeezer and tvvoodoo like this.
  8. Chocol8

Chocol8 Well-Known Member

LOL!!! How much extra do you charge lefties? Is there also a “pink tax” for any female buyers?

9. BrianSkeezer

BrianSkeezer Well-Known Member

If you can find any more of that Teal Matrika fabric, that should go pretty well with it! I really liked that strap, and was waiting on the funds, but I waited too long. LOL!!! Win some, lose some, right?

10. Fat Jack

That's why I avoid mentioning my sinister tendencies a lot to sneak around the tax.:sneaky: Judging by my burst a turquoise would nail it, teal would work well as it would be in the neighborhood. And it looks good with the 2ts Mossman special deform. Again the comfort is amazing a 10 pond guitar feels 2 pounds lighter on my shoulder thats comparing the 2 on straps on the same shoulder back to back.

11. jtcnj

jtcnj Well-Known Member

stuck in the mud somewhere in the swamps of jersey
    Great strap.
    Makes a huge difference.
    Mine is mainly aimed at helping negate neck dive, but boy is it comfortable too!

12. andrewsrea

andrewsrea Well-Known Member

Go ahead - make my strap!
    8a3667493843f6a75a4182aa4e20b49d._.jpg

tvvoodoo and jtcnj like this.
  13. tvvoodoo

I have more of that aqua ribbon in stock pretty sure about that. The Pakistani factory made a few custom colours for me, (none were really spot on except for the gold), but they wanted me to purchase quite bit to do that - - it's a nice pattern and they have little problem selling, except for the black and gray pattern, which I thought would sell off like crazy LOL. Goes to show what I know.

Thank you all again for the kind comments.

BrianSkeezer likes this.