EY Parts- thumbs up!

Discussion in 'Project Depot' started by Beyer160, May 27, 2014.

1. Beyer160

Beyer160 Well-Known Member

This is a totally uncompensated endorsement for EY parts (www.eyguitarmusic.com). I needed to replace the guard on my new Jimmie Vaughn Strat (the original was warped), so I figured I'd give EY a whirl. They have all kinds of cool stuff, most of which is ridiculously cheap. The site says shipping takes 7-14 days from Hong Kong, which is fair enough. I settled in to wait, but five business days later I got my stuff.

The 3-ply 8-hole pickguard I ordered looks great, is nicely cut, and all the holes lined up well enough not to require any drilling (one was ever so slightly off, but I managed to get the screw in anyway). It was actually shielded better than the Fender guard it replaced. The pickup covers were a perfect fit and look great, too.

Great selection, good quality, low prices and fast shipping- guilt about supporting China aside, EY is an excellent source for parts.

2. adad

adad Well-Known Member

I ordered from them a while back and liked there stuff. I am tempted by there Dearmond style pickups. I talked to Brian (I believe). He said the Dearmond type pickup has alnico poles. Love the sound of Dearmond 2000's in my Gretsch. They also have toaster copies.
    Also requested Filtertrons when I talked to them.
    http://www.eyguitarmusic.com/Rickenbacker-style-PickupMetal-ChromeBlackAlnicoNeck-and-Bridge-Set_p_1492.html

3. Cyphre

Cyphre Well-Known Member

I ordered a replacement Epiphone "E" emblem for my Dot pickguard and was very pleased with it. Good quality, low price.

4. peskypesky

peskypesky Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I placed one order with them and was completely satisfied. Good, cheap parts...received in a a few days. I need to place another order with them very soon.

5. Bruce Spaulding

Bruce Spaulding Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It took some guts, but probably at the recommendation of someone on this forum, I too placed a recent order for all sorts of small pieces and parts including tele bridge saddles, a tele ashtray bridge, some Wilkenson and also no name six in line tuners, strap buttons, and other basic parts that are expensive to buy locally. Great prices, and it was all good quality stuff. It takes some patience, my order took ten days I think but it came on exactly the day they indicated it would. I've already burned through most of the parts. I'm placing another order this week. I'm thinking about some pickups this time as well.

peskypesky likes this.
  6. idiotsdelight

idiotsdelight Well-Known Member

I've used EY many times & will continue to do so. All my small bits, wiring, caps, tips...

This is the same stuff Guitarheads, GFS, Dragonfire, etc. are selling to us marked up. Why not cut out the middle man?

Love EY shopping.

Thanks for requesting Filtertrons adad. Hopefully they'll source some from Artec.

adad likes this.
  7. ECruz

ECruz Well-Known Member

just dont buy their replacement bodies, at least the painted ones, from my sole purchase from them the "ash" body i ordered is more like mystery wood.

Brad likes this.
  8. adad

adad Well-Known Member

The fender fidelitron's are made in Korea so I figure a similar pickup will pop up at some point.

I also wanted to mention, if you had an Agile Harm with "Toasters", these maybe a good option:

http://www.eyguitarmusic.com/Rickenbacker-style-PickupMetal-ChromeBlackAlnicoNeck-and-Bridge-Set-_p_1421.html

I put some aftermarket Toasters in my Agile RK500 that sound much better than stock. I guess they are Artec. They don't have Alnico slugs so they are not direct copies of a ric. I bought them off ebay a year ago. The ones I got are single coils.
    I notice that Ey carries toasters too. They say they are mini humbuckers with alnico magnets, so they also may be a good option for a Harm and they have the look.
    http://www.eyguitarmusic.com/Mini-Humbucker-PickupMetal-ChromeAlnicoNeck-and-Bridge-Set_p_1090.html

9. RedLesPaul

RedLesPaul Well-Known Member

I've used them before, other than slow shipping everything was great.

10. Brad

Brad Well-Known Member

Damn it! I came in here to say I was thinking about buying a three tone sunburst Strat body from them and I saw this post. I guess I'll rethink that purchase! Thanks for the heads up and sorry it didn't work for you.

11. peskypesky

He didn't say the bodies didn't work. He just said that the wood was unidentified.

12. Brad

Brad Well-Known Member

Poor wording on my part. I meant didn't work = mystery wood. Also, closer inspection of the Strat body doesn't really look like it has Strat contours, either. Oh well.

peskypesky likes this.
  13. peskypesky

The necks get a LOT of love on this thread:
    http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/stratocaster-discussion-forum/216828-whats-word-ey-guitar-parts.html