Finder Tim Shaw Pick Ups....love Em!

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Hoser, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Hoser

Hoser Well-Known Member

For my last Tele build I bought a set of Tim Shaw pick ups, they have the mixed magnet in same pick up, I was so blown away by those pick ups I decided to get a set of Tim Shaw V-mods for a standard Strat that wasn't getting enough love lately and all I can say is once again i'm blown away.

The Strat V-mods also have mixed magnets, the neck is A3 and A2, the middle is A5 and A2, and the bridge is all A5. Neck is 6.4k, middle is 6.7k and the bridge is 6.7k.

These pickups are so clear and articulate, perfectly balanced, i'm a big fan. They also make a strat set called Yosemite which is a mix of A3 and A4, never been a big fan of A4 but i'm super curious how that set sounds as well.

What got me down this path of Tim Shaw designed pickups is when I played is version of the Wide Range pickups for a Tele Deluxe, they are called Shawbuckers, again mixed magnets, those pick ups sounded exactly like my vintage deluxe, they were so crisp and had such depth and clarity. If I can ever raise the funds I'm getting one of those deluxe teles he designed.

Anyhow, if you guys are looking for outstanding pickups for your tele or strat I highly recommend you check out these Shaw pick ups. There are plenty of interviews with him on line as well on youtube. Fender knocked it out of the park bringing him on board. Kudos Fender!!!!

RiverDog and Frankenfretter like this.
  2. Hoser

Hoser Well-Known Member

morning bump

3. Mr. Leyvatone

Mr. Leyvatone Well-Known Member

I have a Tele Deluxe with Shawbuckers. I had the treble bleed circuit removed, and also had coil splitting volume pots installed.

Agree that these are some killer pickups. They sound amazing when split.

4. Hoser

Hoser Well-Known Member

Obviously that should say Fender not Finder......damn cell phones