Football Strap - Who's In? Supergame Special

Discussion in 'tvvoodoo's Hangout' started by tvvoodoo, Sep 7, 2017.

1. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member

Just purchased a side of Ruddy Red, football leather.

football leather.jpg

Not exactly as shown, but similar to the above, a bit more red I think. This particular Leather is not all that easy to get a hold of, but I had an idea about a year ago, and I've been watching the markets for about six months waiting for my chance to pick some up. Starting the wheels turning for a football series of straps.

Haven't made a special order run for quite some time, and some of you may know I love doing these, because, well they are special, and some of my best work has come from pre-order customs. When I do special jobs for individual brothers you know I totally put out. Plus, when I get some cash up front, well it's totally motivating.

Football.jpg

Not sure if I will include team patches, or an NFL shield patch only. You could easily iron on your own, or stick your fave team pins through, that way you low-life bandwagon jumpers can change out your favoured teams like you change out your gonches.

Not sure on price, but for sure under 85 shipped without patches, if I can get ten of you guys in - they will be $100 plus ship if they hit Reverb. The lacing will be a pain, but will make for a great textured look on the front. Will be making one for myself as well. Quality leather and padded, 3" wide. Those going to patriots fans will slightly deflated. I imagine if you want your team patch, you will be able to iron your own on (2.5" wide or less), and I can leave a nice space for it on the frontside somewhere

Will of course include football style white leather lace on the frontside and a probably a painted stripe or two.
    CFL version will be a bit larger than the NFL version.

908b7697b2470b023b73bd21a04f3783.png

I imagine these will sell nicely on Reverb, but I'm giving you fellas here first crack and a brotherly price.
    Guestimating I can probably make maybe a dozen out of the side I purchased, maybe fourteen.

Please let me know if you are in or out on this. I will be asking for $35 down to help me cover input costs . First come, first served. If I cannot deliver for some reason your front money is refundable, but I won't refund you if you forgot to make a car payment or need crack money

If you are in please post a gratuitous and possibly sexist (or is that sexy?) cheerleader pic in this thread to let me know you want one. DO NOT POST ANY CHEERLEADERS OR other pics or memes if you DO NOT want one.

I hope to collect down-payments inside two weeks or so. Delivery? who knows. before superbowl? LOL

Thanks for considering fellas.

2. tvvoodoo

OK well, I'm fully in for myself with one, so I'm kicking 'er off with a cheery bump.
    Trouble is, my team? Well, couldn't find any flattering photos of my own cheer gals.

NONE. WTH?!!?

I know they've had a LOT of smokin' hot ladies recruited in the past. This province is sort of famous for them
    as Canadian gals can go, Saskatoon variety in particular. It's like all photos of the past have been wiped clean,
    or they photoshopped a bunch of dudes into them. Honestly, the new crew looks a bit cow-ey to me.

OK, so team colours, green and white - fully admitting I stole this pic from the Cheeseagles organization.
    I could not name one player from the team, past or present, so I am NOT a fan, except of maybe the cheer team.

da8120954aa68ae5466d5f0f25beb590.jpg

as you were.

3. bc rich

bc rich Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Possible Silver Fern -All Blacks logo for down under brother ?
    upload_2017-9-8_18-51-59.jpeg

jam likes this.

4. Chocol8

Chocol8 Well-Known Member

I would caution against including any NFL shield or team patches on ones you post on Reverb or eBay. The NFL lawyers can by hyper aggressive about that kind of thing.

tvvoodoo likes this.
  5. tobijohn

tobijohn The Great Enabler Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I'm definitely in if you can make one with a Chicago Bears logo, either the bear head or the orange "C" or better yet, a combo of both. I'll most likely still be in if there's a way for me to procure the logo and attach it in a manner that looks like it came that way from you to begin with:

354.png large.png Chicago_Bears_Logo1.jpg

6. tvvoodoo

Yes I forgot myself here... not long ago I had Geddy and his flying legal monkey team after me for daring to sell a guitar strap with a band patch on it

patches for NFL teams are easy to pick up and will easily iron on - I can leave the space.
    Or for a ten spot xtra I'll be happy to do it and sew 'er on

I have a bid in on a lot of NFL shield patches right now - will attach one probably on the back shoulder ... as for CFL or other obscure teams obtaining your patches will be up to all yalls

John you and many others got more important things to think about. Let's wait to see what the leather looks like and I'll make my own as the prototype

tobijohn likes this.
  7. tobijohn

Good point, let's make sure there's still something to attach the strap to. Either way, I'm good for one though...

8. tvvoodoo

DSCF1504.JPG just finished a half dozen this morning - heading for reverb (going to have to be careful -potential lawsuit strap) sometime later today, but if you would like one at $75 shipped let me know asap

If you wish to personalize yours you can always easily do that with a team pin or button

DSCF1497.JPG

3" wide padded from 47" to about 58" long - real football leather outer with leather lacing and grippy fake suede inner in khaki tan plus two nifty league patches.

Very cool comfy and unique strap

Get yours for the playoffs!

738f8f6d18a3f7ae1fd833d3553ad17d.jpg

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  9. tobijohn

Mine is great:

P1020728.JPG

DonM, PsychoCid and tvvoodoo like this.
  10. tvvoodoo

Is that a genuine Ditkabacker?

tobijohn likes this.
  11. tvvoodoo

Going to offer up the football straps Superbowl weekend special to AGF members only. $60 shipped, no swag!
    so offer me $43, pay shipping, you have a cool, lawsuit-eligible strap in ten days or so.

baf328d9c06cf1c550b1c60e399a1ca3.jpg

Go Eagles

[​IMG]

RiverDog and kirobhan like this.