Hamer Wiring Help

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by rockhound350, Dec 1, 2017.

1. rockhound350

rockhound350 Active Member Supporting Member+

Got a Hamer Studio (Korean) from an older gentleman that had a stroke and could no longer play. He needed the $$ to cover medical bills.
    The guitar is in good shape. Just needed a good cleaning and a couple of weeks in the garage to air out since the gentleman is a smoker. Now that most of the smell is gone I am going through it. Need help to make sure the guitar is wired properly. This is what the electronics look like:

Ham4.jpg

I think I found the wiring diagram for this type of guitar (it's all foreign to me):
    sunburstarchtop.jpg
    Is the guitar wired correctly? There is a small toggle switch that really does nothing when playing (at least I can't tell the difference). The volume(s) and tone knobs seem to work although they are dirty and scratchy. Don't really know anything about wiring so any help is appreciated. Here is the front of the guitar with said switch:

Ham6.jpg

Thanks!

Bullcat and jam like this.
  2. backinit

backinit Well-Known Member

You are probably comparing your guitar to a Hamer USA diagram so all bets are off. That switch is probably intended to be a coil split.

3. Tyrannocaster

Tyrannocaster Well-Known Member

Well, it's not wired like the diagram, anyway. Look at the white wire coming out of the hole on the lower tight. It should go straight to the switch, but it's running to a pot instead. I stopped there, as looking it this on a tiny svreen is making my eyes hurt. :)