Has Anyone Seen Liliac?

Discussion in 'What's left to Talk About?' started by STACKS, Mar 15, 2019 at 7:42 AM.

1. STACKS

STACKS Well-Known Member

I just saw these guys on youtube last night. 3 brothers and 2 sisters under 20.
    Impressive.

fullonshred likes this.
  2. STACKS

STACKS Well-Known Member

to the top bump...

3. uwmcscott

uwmcscott AGF Survivor Champ

Certainly not your everyday family church band! Pretty cool stuff.

tobijohn and STACKS like this.

4. Sinster

Sinster Well-Known Member

I watched a few videos,. They did a great job, but I got turned with the guitarist over doing the harmonics thing on Enter Sandman(?).

STACKS likes this.
  5. mindwave

mindwave Well-Known Member

**********************WARNING**************BLATENTLY OBVIOUS OPINION CONTAINED HEREIN****************************

Ok, to be honest, I wanted to dislike them. I mean, just what the world needs yet another iteration of the Partridge Family.
    OR WORSE
    Maybe theyre yet ANOTHER manufactured "band" from the suits at RCA/Columbia/etc. and as soon as puberty finished ravaging their voices they would fall hack into their silly infighting, and the next 'True Hollywood Story' would demonstrate how the blonde has a coke problem and the micro keyboardist is addicted to sex with chickens.....

But after all is done and said, they weren't bad, and some of them looked like they could play, although the wee one should swap his guitar with the bass, but then they'd have to find out something him to do.

But lets start in the back the drummer was actually pretty decent, kept a beat, head banged w/ the best of them, and had really nice legs

Lead guitarist, how can you go wrong , long hair, tight clothes, Ibanez pointy axe.

Bassist, Micro guitarist - have my own ideas about why he kept trading off instruments, but bottom line, they don't NEED a 2nd guitar. Plus when he stands next to the keys guy their age shows through in a BIG way.

Keys player - he needs to keep the suit, even if they go to death metal he needs to stand out, although his was the only solo shots I saw where it looked lik,e ANYONE else in the band wasa trying to sing......

which brings me to the lead singer - is ANYONE buying her as the front person? Admittedly her voice, at the moment, works, but any vocal coach would tell her to give it a rest or shes going to blow out her chords. At the moment her voice works. But something about her reminds me of Janis Joplin (and NOT in a good way. I don't know what the ages are in the real world, but shes got way too much baby fat left in her face to keep it up too long.

Finally, their original material musically is actually pretty good. The Lyrics however WOW are they bad. There just seems to be no or very little continuity of 'story' and they are telling a story, shes just not the one to tell it.

again just my opinion

tobijohn, cottonmike and STACKS like this.
  6. SamIV

SamIV Well-Known Member

I could not play like that at their age. Not my style of music, but tight young band.

7. fullonshred

fullonshred Well-Known Member

The name is lame. Other than that they Kick Ass! Props to every one of them. Singer has a great metal voice. Will it hold? Only time will tell, but pretty amazing at this point. I was surprised when the younger guitarist kicked into a nice lead on The Trooper. Drummer and older guitarist are quite proficient. Kudos to them all, and more than anything I hope they are having a ton of fun.