I Think My Smart Phone Has Me Under Surveillance...

Discussion in 'What's left to Talk About?' started by andrewsrea, Mar 20, 2019.

1. andrewsrea

andrewsrea Well-Known Member

A few moments ago, I fixed a buddy of mine's powered studio monitors. I used an app on my phone that creates test tones that I used the headphone out into a 1/4" jack. It just had dirty contacts.

So I text him letting him know his studio monitors were okay. I jump on AGF to post with you guys and what is being advertised?

You guessed it - studio monitors. I don't think I've ever searched on the web for studio monitors and suddenly, I have a potpourri of ads for them.

Scary.

2. andrewsrea

andrewsrea Well-Known Member

3. ID10T

ID10T Active Member

The Google is always watching. My recent favorite is reading a post on AGF that was Castilian Spanish, not the AZ border Spanish I am used to, and then put through Google translate. Now about a third of the ads are in Espanol.

andrewsrea likes this.

4. fullonshred

fullonshred Well-Known Member

For some reason suddenly google across all my devices has decided I am near Wichita Kansas. I'm starting to wonder if I've been hacked.

Have had similar experience as yours with my cellphone before. I think the browsers do it.

andrewsrea likes this.
  5. Poodlesrule

Poodlesrule Well-Known Member

Yeah... who triggered my AGF Ashley Madison ads of a few days ago..?

Come on, fess up!

Well, we could turn this into a musical chair thing, taking turns triggering odd stuff!

I will start: how about keywords ^fly fishing^ combined with ^Bahamas^.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    CyFan4036 and andrewsrea like this.
  6. Chocol8

Chocol8 Well-Known Member

Google phones and any phone with a Facebook app will spy on virtually everything you do.

andrewsrea and tonray like this.
  7. tonray

tonray Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

I stopped buying Captain Crunch years ago.. I always suspected he was watching me

d0d41dbb-ad5a-4b72-9e19-aaa5b8381381.jpg

8. Mossman

Mossman Well-Known Member

Make no mistake, your phone is indeed surveilling you. That's really what they're for... and there is NO WAY of stopping them from tracking you. And if you have an Alexa or any of the other listening devices that everyone's so eager to have in their homes these days, I'd chuck that in a dumpster.

9. PsychoCid

PsychoCid Well-Known Member

Nailed it. The primary purpose of the phone is to surveil you. The secondary benefit is all the neat internet function and apps, which is the cheese that keeps us coming back to the trap.

If you have any credit cards with chips, those are also tracking you. Other people's phones are as well. We're pretty deep in the web.

Remember when you didn't give any personal info over the net, or get in a stranger's car, and then Uber came along? Or Facebook for that matter, it sees every file you touch.

Look at the date Facebook was created. Then look at the date the DARPA program named LifeLog ended. Same date. Same program, designed to monitor a person's every life happening.

Ever look into who created Google and Amazon?

10. tobijohn

tobijohn The Great Enabler Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I guess my ex-wife had sort of a similar experience but it wasn't a phone that she thought was spying on her. She filed a complaint with the police claiming that I had hired someone to sneak into her bedroom while she was sleeping and secretly implant her with a tracking device. True story, you can't make this stuff up...

11. tobijohn

The Illuminati and the Rockefellers? :)

andrewsrea likes this.
  12. tonray

tonray Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

Wouldn't it have been easier just to sneak in yourself? That way no loose ends

STACKS, andrewsrea and tobijohn like this.
  13. PsychoCid

PsychoCid Well-Known Member

If you mean the mafia, yeah basically. 90% of media is owned by 6 companies. Similarly, go to the grocery store and see how just 2-3 companies make 90% of the chips on an entire aisle. We live in a monopoly game, heh. Somebody owns the property, and it ain't us.

815d32b2d19f5db2aee09790a944f1a0.jpg

Mossman, minpind, RCSBlues and 3 others like this.
  14. idiotsdelight

idiotsdelight Well-Known Member

This isn't news to you guys, is it?

The people that think they're below the radar are highly entertaining. It's frightening to think about.

15. mozz

mozz Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Log out of google. Before you do that, go into the settings and turn off tracking, history, searches, etc. I have a few ad blockers and very very rarely do i ever see any ads that were my recent searches. The thing i hate is amazon or Ebay emails that let me know what i was just looking at and "may" be interested in.

16. Mickey

Mickey Gandalf the Intonationer

And if you log out of Google but are still logged into YouTube (or any other Google entity) you are still logged in to Google. :(

17. Chocol8

Chocol8 Well-Known Member

The chip cards aren’t tracking any more data than traditional credit cards. Actually it is less. What they do is prevent the retailer from storing your card data (name, number, expiration date) direct from the card since it isn’t transmitted like with a mag strip, but they can still tie your name to the purchase from other data in many cases. Same with cash purchases BTW.

The card companies have all your data for every purchase no matter how you pay. As does anyone they share it with.

BTW, have you traveled internationally recently and not been asked for your passport? It’s because facial recognition cameras already recognized you and transmitted your info to the customs agents.

18. tobijohn

Apparently I was too busy trying to poison her by sprinkling wheat gluten in her clothes and food (she claimed to have Celiac' s Disease which means she was allergic to gluten among other things).

After dealing with her in court the first couple of times, my divorce attorney got really pissed at me ( "Why didn't you tell me she was crazy?")...

Jaymo, BatUtilityBelt, STACKS and 7 others like this.
  19. toomanycats

toomanycats Well-Known Member

More times than I can count ads for items and services have appeared on my screen related to things I had recently spoken about only. These ads are not about things I had searched online, or related to the content of any website I had visited. There is a desktop, laptop, and one smart phone in my house. All have microphones, cameras, and are linked to the internet. There is no doubt in my mind that through these devices "somebody" (a speech recognition program) is listening, that it keys in on particular words, and that advertising appearing on my web browser is related to that surveillance.

To provide a singular recent example, I was having a conversation in my home about replacing the hot water heater, though I had never searched anything about it online. Next thing I know water heater ads from Lowes and Home Depot are appearing.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    STACKS, tvvoodoo, PsychoCid and 3 others like this.
  20. Poodlesrule

Poodlesrule Well-Known Member

It is the cats!
    They have this secret fetish with hot water.