Kemper Is In!!!

Discussion in 'Gear Chat' started by Narsh, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Narsh

Narsh Well-Known Member

So I got it, played with the rigs, installed the editor and updated the unit, played more, downloaded some rigs and started figuring out how to tweak stuff.

So far, the sound quality is good. I can't really do a fair assessment on tonal ability yet because I have a lot more experience with the AXEFX and this is a totally different beast. But, what I did play sounded good, not amazing yet, but really good. Felt good under the fingers too.

I will say, the Rig Manager sucks. Clunky and a PITA to navigate. This toaster needs an editor to make life easier. I'm all ears if someone has any suggestions on 3rd party stuff.

I will say that the lower gain stuff sounds amazing and the reverbs are so lush its intoxicating.

I'll try and put a few guitar and bass patches together over the course of the week and record some stuff.

Wish me luck...

DonM, RockYoWorld, andrewsrea and 6 others like this.
  2. Warmart

Warmart New Member

They were supposed to have the editor ready in Oct but obviously they ran into a problem or had to shift staff over to something else for a bit. It's got to be somewhat close.

3. Warmart

Warmart New Member

Just read on the Kemper forum that the editor is now in private beta.

Narsh likes this.

4. andrewsrea

andrewsrea Well-Known Member

HNAD! Keep the Tylenol near by for those long programming sessions.

5. Narsh

Narsh Well-Known Member

I spent 3 hours last night and 2 hours today A/B the axefx and the Kemper. So far, AxeFX sounds waaaaaay better to me for heavy tones. The Kemper sounds amazing for mid/light gain stuff. But I'm not done. I've had the axefx for 3 years now so 1 day with the Kemper isn't fair. I'm thinking of getting the GGD Kemper pack which sounds the closest to my liking for heavy tones. I'll keep you guys posted. No sound clip worth posting just yet...

fullonshred and andrewsrea like this.