Littlebone Fret Crowing Tool And Buzz Killer Spot Leveling Tool!!!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Chad, Jul 17, 2019.

1. SamIV

SamIV Well-Known Member

2. Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

What I was asking is if you have used the method of straightening the neck and leveling the frets with a true flat sanding beam on some of your guitars and then used that z file to crown them. I was wondering if you had problems with uneven frets after using that method... I was hoping I dont run into the same problem using that method.

3. SamIV

SamIV Well-Known Member

I do not own the Z File, so I can comment on it. The method you describing is a standard method of performing a fret level. I like my action a tad on the low side so frets have to be dressed very well. In my experience I found frets not level past the 11th or 12 fret after brining the neck back under tension. My belief is that fret levels should be done under tension. With the Tool you are getting, you should be able to take care of this issue if it arises and if it does what it claims to do. You can PM me if you have further concerns.

If you follow this guys instructions and are ok with medium action, you will do fine. And if you like your action high, I would not bother.
    https://www.tdpri.com/threads/fret-leveling-yer-tele-101.201556/