Logic X Better Than I Thought?

Discussion in 'Mac Recording' started by OldShepster, Feb 26, 2015.

1. OldShepster

OldShepster Well-Known Member

I was doing some quick recording on a weeknight. It was getting late and I was getting lazy, so I just used some of Logic's default guitar and bass plugins. Now that I've listened to the clips for a few days, I kind of like the tone. This from a former Kemper and Eleven Rack owner who has Amplitube, Guitar Rig and Scuffham on tap.

Anyone else having success with the Logic X sims?

Shep

2. rrobbone

rrobbone Well-Known Member

I don't not have an iOS system, but you're right - those sound pretty good. I've heard and read a lot of good things about the latest version of Logic.

OldShepster likes this.
  3. OldShepster

OldShepster Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was doing a little quasi-EDM tune yesterday and it was sort of a fail because I couldn't figure out how to do the pumping side chain compression thing, but the new compressors in Logic 10.1 were really cool.

Shep

4. big daddy

big daddy Well-Known Member

The included amp and pedal sims in Logic aren't bad at all, though I prefer the pedals over the amps. I find I do a lot of tweaking to get the amps sounding decent and even then, they are (IMHO) passable to okay.

The amp sims in Digital Performer (my main DAW) are far worse, almost seem like an afterthought. They are pretty lifeless and DP requires one insert for each device so if you want a pedal or two, amp and cab you fill up your inserts pretty quickly.

I prefer the Line 6 Pod Farm plugs over both DP and Logic. One insert for everything, low CPU and they sound great.

OldShepster likes this.