So, this is still a work in progress and has been shelved for the winter months until its warm enough to start building again. For now, I'll start catching everyone up on my progress from last year, and then I'll start putting some real time updates come spring time. After taking an acoustic building course in late 2018, I started prepping my shop with some of the jigs and molds I'd need to make a go of this on my own. It took me till about July to get going on an actual build. I'm undecided as to whether this will be for me, or if this will be the first build I actually try sell. Depends on the finished product. To play it safe and try make something that could attract a buyer I decided to go with a classic - a Martin D-18 style build. I bought plans for a D-28 as a general building guideline for a dreadnought but I decided against rosewood (thanks CITES!) and even mahogany was a bit pricier than I'd hoped, so I settled on sapele back and sides, with a sitka spruce top. Neck wood is somewhat up in the air. Sapele would be the obvious choice but its generally heavier than mahogany and I don't want this to be neck heavy. I may spring for mahogany for the neck instead. Fretboard, bridge and headstock plate will all be ebony. First step was to joint the pieces of my back and soundboard and get them glued up. Here's the pieces, joined, glued and ready to go.