NSFW N E D (new Everything Day) Eventually ( Forgive Expletive Laden Post)

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by stevebway, Apr 4, 2019.

1. stevebway

stevebway Metaphysician & Ham

I sat by the fucking buzzer , LOOKING AT IT half the day waiting for FedEx to get here. I ran in to the bedroom to check tracking and sure enough it said they tried but no one was home . I redirected the packages to the local Walgreen s and am wasting another day waiting to pick up my shit.This happens all the time .
    I know I'm somewhat hard of hearing but I sat within eye-shot of the intercom.
    Fuckin' hate this shit...

(forgive me)

2. stevebway

MAJOR SNAFU but in posession of guitar which looks perfect and PA which likewise came unmolested.Will charge it up. Mixer and stand was NOT rerouted to pickup location so it is orbiting effing Jupiter and will be retrieved tomorrow. They have no service for the hearing impaired to alert them to deliveries in progress. IN my area Amazon has a Uber-like app where you can actually see the car moving through the neighborhood.

andrewsrea and RockYoWorld like this.
  3. Razzle

Razzle Well-Known Member

Glad u got it!

I once re-directed to walgreens, won't again, because they're not setup for it - they just put 'em behind the cashier's counter

I get FedEx updates texted too.

stevebway likes this.

4. slowhand84

slowhand84 Well-Known Member

Allow me to share the story of how my Kiesel Vader arrived via Fedex. It was originally scheduled on a Tuesday, I didn't want to miss it because it's signature required so I was going to work from home. When I woke up on Monday morning, tracking had changed to "out for delivery". I switched my work from home day to Monday, but then something in me told me to call Fedex and make sure it was all on track.

I got a lady on the phone who sounded like she just woke up in the hospital from a week long heroin binge. She checks the tracking, and the first thing that she tells me is that the tracking is incorrect, this package was shipped Fedex Express and they don't work on Mondays so despite the fact that my tracking literally says it's on the truck for delivery today, that's not the truth. I then asked what we can do in terms of holding it for pickup at the pharmacy near me that allows this. She said she'll put in the request, but there's a chance it may delay the shipment a day or two. I said OK, and started to change to go into work figuring I'd just stop by the dropoff point in the next 2-3 days and grab it. I had put on my pants and one sock when the doorbell rang and the nice Fedex guy (Fedex Ground by the way, not Express) hands over my guitar. If I had left 5 minutes sooner than I had planned to, I would have missed the delivery entirely and despite taking EVERY precaution would've ended up in exactly the same situation I had tried so hard to avoid. The incompetence is just staggering, you literally see all the information in front of you on a computer screen so to get it this wrong is almost impressive.

Long story short, Fedex is a bunch of morons...and yes, worse than USPS and UPS :).

Hang in there, should be all good for you tomorrow!

DonM, Jaymo and stevebway like this.
  5. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

FedEx Ground routinely delivered packages to the wrong address a while back, but I like the FedEx option to do pickup and/or Saturday delivery. They often are a day faster than UPS.

UPS I always have my guitars held for pickup at the hub. It is convenient to hit on my lunch hour or on my way home.

USPS is horrible generally. They seem to go out of their way to not deliver on the expected date. I've had multiple shipments seemingly get lost for days in the LA sorting center before finally making their way back south and east to AZ.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jaymo and stevebway like this.
  6. Gergo

Gergo Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. I live about an hour south of Houston and shipped a bass to the Dallas area via USPS Priority and it has now been 4 days and counting, with me just getting a "shipment late/on way to next facility" notice every day. The place I shipped to is at the most 5 hours drive from here. Inexcusable.

stevebway likes this.
  7. zisme

zisme Well-Known Member

I really have to try to anticipate when an item will arrive so that I can decide whether to ship it to my house or my workplace. especially with fedex

I have felt your pain many times..

I used to order absinthe from a shop in new orleans (before they decided they would no longer ship to VA). fedex, 21+ sig required. fortunately I could have them held at the pickup location at walgreens near my house. worked great

I've tried to do the same with other packages since, and it hasn't always given me that option :unamused:

stevebway likes this.
  8. Mickey

Mickey Gandalf the Intonationer

I spent most of the day yesterday waiting on Fedex (ground) to deliver a package.
    Checking the tracking about every 10 minutes.
    Finally, at about 3:50pm it said "delivered", so I jumped into a car and headed for my front gate.
    WHEW! there it was all safe & sound! Fedex had tossed it across the gate!
    (remind me never to order an HDTV and have it delivered by Fedex!)
    But it has worked well for orders of coffee beans!
    UPS just sticks a postit note on the outside of the gate and drives off.
    Anyhoo, I have several happy customers who know when it comes to coffee Starbucks = sewage. :)
    Thus they buy the good stuff from me.

stevebway likes this.
  9. stevebway

I'm exhausted. I had a lot to do and I've been doing actual physical work (tasks) sitting in the house for days. I have to run out and get the Illegal Sudafed because things are in bloom and I'm allergic to Spring .
    Here's the guitar. It is flawlessly beautiful and totally ME . I have another one with a spruce top I will gig.But this one is unbelievable.
    washburn01.JPG

nomadh, backinit, andrewsrea and 11 others like this.
  10. idiotsdelight

idiotsdelight Well-Known Member

When did Walgreens/pharmacy get involved in deliveries? I've never heard of this.

I see the 7-11 down the street has the Amazon kiosks where they used to have a shelf of groceries. Bezos must pay them well for that space.

This kind of stuff irks me. Is there any place we can go anymore that isn't overrun by opportunistic online retailer in your face fucktards?

stevebway likes this.
  11. stevebway

Thank goodness.So much commerce is going this way . Apartment dwellers have it difficult.There's are neighborhoods that have crime , especially groups of kids going "shopping". Drug store does UPS in my area.

Jaymo likes this.
  12. Jaymo

Jaymo Well-Known Member

When my Carvin bass was out for delivery, I had my wife wait on the front porch for it. (I was at work).
    FedEx has a bad habit of delivering my items to my neighbor.
    I've had them do the whole "tried to deliver, no one home" thing once when I was in my front yard for the entire day. Pissed me off. I called FedEx and raised hell.

nomadh and stevebway like this.
  13. mozz

mozz Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I heard they are putting out 2019 Halloween candy displays already.

My wife broke the zipper on her heavy winter coat in February. I can't count how many stores we drove to looking for a decent winter coat and none were to be found, spring apparel was prevalent.

I actually have no problems with USPS, UPS, or FEDEX. When they give me a delivery date, the item is there or they pull up in my driveway 30 seconds after i finish dinner.

stevebway likes this.
  14. stevebway

Self-powered PA set up in 5 min . Works like a champ. FX in the mixer is adequate and battery will power the mixer for hours. This is light and will fit on a small cart with just the guitar on my back.
    My complete vision has been realized in a cheap and elegant way.
    Sounds great , plenty of control .

PA01.JPG

Battery for the mixer is attached to the mixer bracket with velcro and is very secure. a 3' mic cable connects mixer to the PA .

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  15. stevebway

I have so many things going right now I haven't really messed with this. Because the
    entire rig was a "Vision" it works perfectly and I think it will be used a lot. Just loud enough for a room full of people , easy to set up. Batteries work flawlessly , ZERO jury-rig DIY. It's like I DESIGNED it.
    The guitar is incredible. The pickup came today. I will put it in Monday. This weekend , travel and work and not music and it sucks. I will do a video right from the phone when things clear.
    Just heard a friend's Dad passed today. I will have to travel out there next week, have to take my Dad places.
    Very unusual for me to be this busy.

16. tonebender

tonebender Well-Known Member

Beautiful guitar! Sorry about your friend's dad.

stevebway likes this.
  17. mbroadus

mbroadus Well-Known Member

I have the same guitar, your's is lighter and more striking grain pattern.

Are you going to put a pick-up in it, or is this one a stay at home sweetie?

matt

stevebway likes this.
  18. stevebway

I'm putting in a relatively new one DiMarzio Black Angel Piezo. They give you an installation kit with glue and everything and an end pin jack . I've done many of these. I gig all of my small guitars which is having me seriously consider giving up some guitars.I am fully in on the small acoustics.

19. mbroadus

mbroadus Well-Known Member

Let me know how you like it, this guitar is so "snuggly"!

20. tobijohn

tobijohn The Great Enabler Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

And God help you if you ever need to file a damage claim...

honyock likes this.