New Dealer/classifieds Update

Discussion in 'Dealer's Corner' started by Major tom, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Major tom

Major tom Administrator

Hi,
    I'm sorry I haven't contacted you earlier, since I joined in to take over this forum, but I didn't know too much what direction this would take.
    I just modified this website rules regarding access to the classifieds section. To make it short, everybody can now post in the classifieds section.
    So you are free to list upthere too. However I believe there is still an interest to be in the dealer's corner, as you can have more visibility, and it will be less crowdy . Plus I will add a link to this place in the top menu bar, next to "Forums".
    Please let me know what you intend to do. If you want to stay here in the dealer's corner, you just need to renew your dealer membership (you can then use the upgrade link).
    If you want to stop, no problem, your section will just be removed from this forum but can be moved to the Classifieds forum.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks
    Tom

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member

Hello Tom,

I have been a longtime dealer on AGF, it was the community here that sort of encouraged me to launch four or five years ago. I believe in supporting this platform that allows me to peddle my wares, but I am also cognizant of the fact I can be a bit spammy periodically - not so much me, but the fact that my strap sale threads can end up getting bumped and bumped and bumped by members, and some guys do get tired of it. I don't, and they can be pretty fun, I try to keep it that way, anyway LOL!

So, this is to keep it legal, I don't want to wrankle anyone any more than I have to my not being a dealer. I am about to launch a contest, where there will be NO sales. in fact, I am basically giving a bunch of stuff away in a random draw contest to my customers- it's the second time, my 1st annual (started it in late 2015, didn't squeeze the next one in until now...). Plus to keep it fair and interesting for everyone, there will also be a prize for AGF members who have not purchased a Well-Hung guitar strap yet.

How many of us dealers are there at this moment?

3. Major tom

Major tom Administrator

Hi,
    thanks for your comment and support !
    This contest seems a good idea. There were 3 dealers in december, and your the first to renew !