Ngd Samick Made Silvertone Jupitor. Dream Guitar.

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by Randell, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Randell

Randell Well-Known Member

zeshfbonlpinzsdoljzd.jpg zeshfbonlpinzsdoljzd.jpg soh7ecyhlzkvjpu3xfqu.jpg 1423-DeArmond-pickups-spot.jpg

So I found a used Samick made Silvertone reissue Jupitor. One of my dream guitars that I thought I would never own. Looked brand new. Still had the plastic on the humbuckers. $479 new under 399 used. With new strings, waranty and all over 400 dollars. Humbuckers are not the Semore Duncan Gretsch style. These look just like the old D'Armonds.These pickups were from a rare run that C. DeArmond did for silvertone guitars years back. It is rumored that these limited run reissues were made in less than 20 sets and only one or two sets made it into the silvertone prototypes. The last batch they done. I think the people that own Silvertone name is no longer in business? Samick made it. And I love anything from Samick. And old guitars. This is one of my dream guitars.

2. dbrian66

dbrian66 Well-Known Member

Congrats! That’s a beautiful guitar!

3. redman

redman Member Supporting Member+

What a fine looking guitar. My very first electric guitar was a Silvertone the case had a built in amp straight out of a Sears catalog I got it for Christmas that was in 1966 or 67. God I'm getting old. I remember sitting in front of the TV watching American Bandstand praying to be able to play just one song.

howardlo65 likes this.

4. Randell

Thanks guys. I was shocked to find it. I never dreamed I would find one localy. I would have to order from Guitar Center and you all know family hates that.

5. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member AGF Registered Dealer

Cool Gat! You gonna post us a clip of those pups?

6. Randell

When I get it at Christmas I will not. I do not have a good way of doing that. Sorry. :tearsofjoy::coldsweat:

7. tonray

tonray Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

Just use your phone...good enough

8. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

That's a very cool find!

9. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

Is that a formica guitar. I used to be really down on that but its a cool retro thing. Especially with the kind of historical pickups.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  10. Randell

Mahogany solid body.

tonray and nomadh like this.
  11. MichaelR

MichaelR Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Very retro and cool!

12. jwguitar

jwguitar Well-Known Member

Those are cool guitars. I remember Samick tried to revive Silvertone a few years back. This is actually the first of the guitar line I have actually seen real life pictures of.

13. Randell

Harmony is now being made by Heritage. New version's. And they are also going to reissue the classic versions. And Teisco. Teisco is all ready reissued in Japan. And they are great quality. But overlooked here. Harmony tried 3 times to revive but failed. They reissues gor for 500 or less.

Silvertone could not get into a lot of shops. Guitar Center either. Do you see Guitar Center selling samick guitars? Samick made the Silvertones for a group of people that bought the name. They made 335 semi hollows, Strat styles, LP styles, bass, and other people think is junk. And samick does not make a bad guitar ever. But some one the other day dissed the Silvertone Strat style as junk. And told it on facebook

Samick is one of my favorite factories. And the guitars as well. Greg Bennett, Samick 90's Artist Series etc.. But sadly no one wanted the Silvertone reissues. The danelecto copies was maghony and it turned people off. I like them better than Danelectro's. But still like Danelectros as well.

These were made so good. I did not touch the guitar much. Why? It was a Christmas present. I was sure they would say no to much money. They will not go over a certian price point. But they said they would. I was so happp and talked to the workers about gear.

Remember when I said I got a Itali Trev Wilkson for christmas in the last week of june that year? 2017. I did not play it. I promised. But touched it a few times when they were gone. It is the same with this one. First it has 2 weeks befor they can sell it. And my family paid part of the money. Then will pay the rest.

This guy that works there plays in band and shows. He asked and is restinging the guitar even though he was not supposed to untill it was paid in full. He asked the manager and then said yes he would. So when it is picked up it will be cleaned and new strings. It had the Silvertone gig bag. The nicest bag I have or will ever own.

The workers loved it. And I did not have to order. And you know my family hate's that. The workers were excited and one learned about the guitar. They loved it. :hearteyes::hearteyes:

The guitar is solid maghony and sparkly. Thin body. And so nice. Like a DBZ Imperial but not that thin. But a thin body. I'm going to love my second dream guitar. My first dream guitar is my jazz box out of production. :sunglasses::blush::blush::love::love::love:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    jwguitar and nomadh like this.
  14. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

HNDGD Happy new dream guitar day :)

15. Randell

Thanks.

16. Randell