NGD Ngd - Sx Callisto Cus Ds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rsckrc91, Apr 14, 2019.

1. mighty_duck

mighty_duck Well-Known Member

upload_2019-6-10_21-32-22.png

I think I know
    7c7c51d97223b8ac56bf083e8ce68f06.jpg

rsckrc91 and Manodano like this.
  2. Manodano

Manodano Well-Known Member Supporting Member

No, I'm still working around to it. I'm swimming or biking some in the long evenings instead of sitting at my work bench. I really like the guitar, but at the same time, I can't wait to completely disassemble it. It'll get hotter 'n hell here soon, and I'll retreat to my cool basement and get busy.

Partscaster likes this.
  3. Manodano

Partscaster - here's a shot of the pickup cavity on my STD+. Looks like a big thick cap of some species, hopefully maple. I'm not used to working on Les Pauls, but the cap looks real thick to me and the veneer looks real thin. So thin, in fact, that I'm having second thoughts about scotchbriting/steel-wooling some poly off of it - I don't want to burn through the veneer.
    IMG_2372.JPG

Here's the pickup and switch cavities. The wiring is really messy, but I can straighten that right out:

IMG_2370.JPG
    IMG_2371.JPG

I've disassembled the guitar at this point and I'm starting on oiling the fretboard first, then doing the most minimal fret level I can do if I determine there is cause to do so.

I'll post more as I go along. I figure I'll work on the guitar for about an hour an evening for a couple of weeks.

Partscaster likes this.

4. Manodano

Partscaster - here's a shot of the pickup cavity on my STD+. Looks like a big thick cap of some species, hopefully maple. I'm not used to working on Les Pauls, but the cap looks real thick to me and the veneer looks real thin. So thin, in fact, that I'm having second thoughts about scotchbriting/steel-wooling some poly off of it - I don't want to burn through the veneer.
    View attachment 223908

Here's the pickup and switch cavities. The wiring is really messy, but I can straighten that right out:

View attachment 223909
    View attachment 223910

I've disassembled the guitar at this point and I'm starting on oiling the fretboard first, then doing the most minimal fret level I can do if I determine there is cause to do so.

I'll post more as I go along. I figure I'll work on the guitar for about an hour an evening for a couple of weeks.