Npbuildd - Elation Overdrive (dumble In A Box)

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by slaveunit, May 11, 2019.

1. slaveunit

slaveunit Well-Known Member

Was able to finish up another one. I should have a couple others completed in the near future as well. As I really am going to need to recuperate money. I took a couple heavy gut punches this week.

The company I work for had put in for a contract in Colorado. We were 100% on moving. My wife and I took a visit to look at houses and get a feel of the land. We spent about 12 hours with a real estate agent. We really liked it. Our company had expressed that it was a sure thing that we would win. After 2 months of waiting, well someone else beat us out for it. So ok, that really sucks. Then the next day I was told that my last day is May 31st because they had already accounted for that I was leaving. The contract had been running out of money prematurely.

Well crap, now what. So my plans are to quick hunt for a job in CO still. It's just going to be a costly and stressful move if I do find a position out there. But damn I need to get out of CA. I can't deal with it here anymore.

Sorry for the vent .. Back to the pedal.

Elation Overdrive is a Dumble In A Box type of pedal. Always fun to play around with. Hope you enjoy the eye candy a little bit.
    20190511_101919.jpg
    20190511_101941.jpg 20190511_101852.jpg

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  2. slaveunit

Who wants to hear me complain about life? :)

dmitri likes this.
  3. Gergo

Gergo Well-Known Member

Sucks about your move, but everything happens for a reason. The journey of life. Gotta go with the flow.

Where do you sell your pedals, and what are the prices. Are there any Youtube reviews/demos?

4. slaveunit

I typically sell them on Craigslist/LetGo/OfferUp/Reverb.com (https://reverb.com/shop/slaveunitpedals). Sometimes on here even. Some have demos, some do not. I just haven't had a solid setup to demo anything lately. The junky little tri-pod I was using recently broke. When people request a demo I have no issues doing one but just be aware that it's me playing and it won't look very professional unfortunately. I try to be very honest in what a pedal does and how it affects things.

Builds like this typically run about $80 before shipping. Customs run about $100.

Gergo likes this.
  5. slaveunit

This is a pretty good representation of what this particular pedal sounds like. Really cool for blues and rock (roll the bass back). But it's definitely not a metal type of pedal.

stevebway likes this.
  6. fullonshred

fullonshred Well-Known Member

Beautiful work on the pedal. and great photography as well. Hope all works out well for you and the family wrt finding a new job and moving.

stevebway and slaveunit like this.
  7. backinit

backinit Well-Known Member

Ryan, I'm sorry about the job situation. I know you were kind of up about the whole thing. Corporate BS.
    So this is kinda Zendrive ish?
    Your builds are extremely neat and well laid out.
    It probably will work well in front of a crunchy amp. Kind of hot blues driver sounding.

slaveunit likes this.
  8. stevebway

stevebway Metaphysician & Ham

I own the Wampler. It's my most Dumbly of all the pedals I own.
    Good luck . They weren't kidding when they said in today's economics, worker will have 10 jobs in a lifetime.
    Nice production work ( clean )

slaveunit likes this.
  9. Rollin Hand

Rollin Hand Well-Known Member

Pretty dickish of your company, I have to say. It almost seems like they were trying to screw you over.

slaveunit likes this.
  10. slaveunit

Thanks Tim. Yes it's Zendrivish but is a tad different. I couldn't tell you exactly what because I haven't played one in 3-4 years but I remember the Euphoria being a tad different sounding.

11. slaveunit

I won't get into details but we do feel like a certain person is only out for themself. But I should add this situation happened to multiple people not just myself.

12. PsychoCid

PsychoCid Well-Known Member

Man, what scheisse. Sorry to hear about that. I hear you about CA...and I think it's going to have a lot more problems than are currently showing. That said, it's my home land...and if I'm gonna go down somewhere, I feel like I want to go down with my own ship. I'm plotting how to return, currently.

Anyway, nice pedal :) and here's hoping some awesome opportunities are soon to fall into your lap

slaveunit likes this.