Nr Esquire

Discussion in 'Project Depot' started by ninet1gt, Feb 12, 2018.

1. ninet1gt

ninet1gt Well-Known Member

Well I’ve started my next my next build. Finally had the money to get this going.

So far I got a alder body from Rosser Guitars. I think I’m going to try another burst and if it turns to shit I’ll paint over it.

I’m still working on pickguard shape and fit but this is where I’m at currently.

I bought the bridge and a strat harness kit from @G Madness!. And got the control plate, pickup and jack plate from dragonfire. I also ordered one of the $12 tele necks from China (still waiting, shows it’s in LA).

ee418895d1a94762c9381a16a3b05bdf.jpg

2. ninet1gt

Also thinking of doing some different wiring options and trying to add a cocked wah position.

PsychoCid likes this.
  3. PsychoCid

PsychoCid Well-Known Member

Nice ride! What kinda neck goes here?

4. warped

warped Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure those are cut for Telecaster neck heels. Fender spec neck pocket.

5. ninet1gt

Correct. Ordered one of those $12 tele necks from China. Just check the status while typing this, says it’s been delivered. To Cedar Rapids, Iowa... I live in Ohio.

PsychoCid likes this.
  6. ninet1gt

Added a little color and shaped a pickguard. I have a classic vibe maple strat neck and a vintage modified rw Strat neck I can use or try to find a tele neck to use.
    711e84e12d64d702f51a2dcb557fca00.jpg

dae8c13e29b5dede3b2948b11ba86e5c.jpg

Manodano, warped, jam and 2 others like this.
  7. ninet1gt

First image is just done. Second is after it dried, no clear. Just a little water in the one corner to get an idea of actual color.

Also if you look closely, the bridge pickup I got from Dragonfire, must have the hole drilled crooked so it sits funny in the bridge. I think just opening up the bridge holes a little bit will fix that.

Manodano likes this.
  8. ninet1gt

I added clear last weekend and polished it up tonight. It turned out well, but I made a pretty monumental mistake, I don’t have pictures of it, but when wet sanding I didn’t realize a screw was stuck under the body and it dug in pretty good on the back.

Here are some glamour shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eadf65c4d660fefcd3e2b01ef1a6db7c.jpg

Also I’m running the single pickup and have a 3 way switch, I’d like to do something interesting like a cocked wah mod but not entirely sure how to do it with this switch.

953a6388971f84b22f83bd81253326f2.jpg

Any wiring wizards? And that’s gonna be volume , then tone then the switch.

Manodano likes this.
  9. ninet1gt

I’ll do a big update here-

First some pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dragonfire tele humbucker was dead on arrival so I robbed another guitar to get this one working. The kmise neck left a lot to be desired. Razor fret ends and it definitely needs a full fret level. But for now the guitar plays and makes noise. The pickup in it is pretty wimpy and needs an upgrade soon.

10. ninet1gt

Also put a little sample of this one in the guitar madness thread. I got this body and it was a complete dud. The neck pocket was at a weird angle, and the pickup routes were way off. So I shelved it and my wife took it and drew on it. After she got the art on I wanted to make it a working guitar. So I ordered parts and got to modifying the body with chisels. Squier classic vibe neck and guitar madness hotrod set (which sound fantastic!). If you look close you can see the big gap around the neck and bridge pickup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BrianSkeezer and voodoorat like this.