Opioids: "7 Years, 76 Billion Pills"

Discussion in 'What's left to Talk About?' started by Poodlesrule, Jul 17, 2019.

1. peskypesky

peskypesky Well-Known Member Supporting Member

cops are probably selling it

Mickey likes this.
  2. mindwave

mindwave Well-Known Member

saw the title to the thread and thought you'd been in my medicine cabinet.

I've been under the care of a Pain Management Clinic for 10 years now. My physician is the Chief Anesthesiologist for the Trauma Center, once we found the proper balance my script hasn't changed in 7 years.

HOWEVER for those of you with raised eyebrows...... They have learned how to take the 'euphorics' out of most modern scripts, so no fuzzy feelings for me.

Which really stinks. I cnat drink or smoke weed because alchohol combined w/ my scripts could kill me, and as an RN if I get cause w/ anything else, she can lose her license......

3. fullonshred

fullonshred Well-Known Member

I am interested in hearing the names of some strong meds with no euphoric effects. I don't want to be high or fuzzy headed, I just want some safe, effective pain relief that doesn't cost a fortune or cloud my mind.

nomadh likes this.

4. Chocol8

Chocol8 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a Huey Lewis song!

fullonshred likes this.
  5. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

If I time them and size it right. Codine is completely functional. Work, driving, hiking. Percocet even was surprisingly functional. But if the pain backs off but you take one on schedule to stay in the curve it's horrible dizzy queasy crazy high.

6. MichaelR

MichaelR Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Kratom is cheap and effective taken correctly which is a matter of taking a little more each day until it does what you need. I've been taking 10 00 size pills a day for 3 months now which is 5 mg. I stopped taking it for two days last week and other than lacking my usual energy I had no withdrawal I could tell. If you go crazy with it you can suffer withdrawals but nothing like Opioids will do to you. Its a god send to those addicted to opioids because it eases the withdrawal symptoms substantially from what I have read. I truly wish I had known about it before my son died from Oxy it may have saved him.
    Big Pharma hates it because its cheap/effective and they haven't been able to make it illegal or gotten control of it so they can jack the price up....yet. I believe that is why you keep hearing negative things in the news every week about it.
    I wasn't gonna say anything about it hear but its legal in most states and it works. I use it to raise me out of depression with the added benefit of knocking out most of my aches and pains.

7. fullonshred

I laughed like a fool when I read your post. I Wanna New Drug........ :D

8. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

Never ever heard of it. Maybe the powers are keeping it that way.

minpind likes this.
  9. fullonshred

Lady cleaned all the old meds out of my parents storage area, ended up with a huge box of out of date crap. So she's talking with me and shows me the box says "Maybe one of you three kids can take these." I grinned and said "I'll take 'em, but I'm gonna need a loooootta water..... :p