Our Friend In Venezuela

Discussion in 'What's left to Talk About?' started by tlarson58, Mar 16, 2019 at 2:13 AM.

1. tlarson58

tlarson58 Well-Known Member

Our friend @sabasgr68 is in the middle of some heavy shit in Venezuela. No need to reply, but perhaps send him, his family and the average joe some mojo. I am doing some research about relief efforts, but the power, food and water crisis is escalating as you read this. 'Not sure what to do.

2. PsychoCid

PsychoCid Well-Known Member

Bless us all, worldwide.

jamdogg, sabasgr68 and fullonshred like this.
  3. idiotsdelight

idiotsdelight Well-Known Member

Holy. Hell.

My last roommate is from Venezuela. I need to talk to him.

sabasgr68 likes this.

4. tonebender

tonebender Well-Known Member

I have thought about him lately when reading updates about Venezuela on the news. It's just awful, I hope he is okay.

sabasgr68 and Believer like this.
  5. andrewsrea

andrewsrea Well-Known Member

^ same. We complain about things in the USA, but they can be trivia to what happens in most of the rest of the world.

jtcnj and sabasgr68 like this.
  6. sabasgr68

sabasgr68 Well-Known Member

Thanks Tom @tlarson58 , and everybody; every good thought our way really helps.

Although I am in touch with several AGF members in private - a long time group -, maybe it´s a good idea to give the whole AGF community some kind of update about us.

Reading the news is very different as living the news. When we see news from other places -and we only see what the media can show - we have an idea, and can certainly give a dimension to them, but it´s different as to actually experience it. I remember one of the last hurricanes you had, and I watched the news and knew it was a hard situation, but the many details correlated - those that the people experience directly - are missed most of times.

From what I see and what I experience, and from experiences of others persons, there are many details that don´t receive attention.

As for me and my family, we are relatively ok. The whole situation is hard, it can´t be sugar coated. People are suffering it depending on where they live or how much income they can make. Being relatively ok is not being good, you`re just focused on providing food for the family and don´t getting sick, basically. You forget about other things; maybe once in a while you can permit yourself some treat; again, depending on your situation.

Food is very expensive. That´s the main problem. Same for medicines. You name any basic service and it´s collapsed.

During the power outage there were news about lootings and some riots, in a city called Maracaibo, not near Caracas where I am. Caracas was relatively in calm, no major issues like those. Maracaibo seems to be quiet now. Journalists and regular people report in twitter, as news channel are almost censored or are just regime supporters (as in nothing is happening, or USA is to blame).

So, again, thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers.

Feel free to PM me whenever you want.

I´ve told before that AGF is the place to escape for a while, enjoying gear and guitars through you, and knowing about your own situations.

Have not logged in too much lately, of course, but I always enjoy doing it.

Sabas.

7. dearlpitts

dearlpitts Well-Known Member Supporting Member

God bless man, and hope that things improve for you and your family and everyone.