Own A Piece Of Heavy Metal History

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by RiverDog, Nov 27, 2018.

1. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

M schenker std config.

2. andrewsrea

andrewsrea Well-Known Member

^ word.

3. idiotsdelight

idiotsdelight Well-Known Member

Wear them on both feet & wahk around the stage during Victim Of Changes.

4. Milkman

Milkman Well-Known Member

Yeah, Camp Priest has been notoriously tight about airing dirty laundry, so this book-selling-tattle-tale routine is especially hard to take for the long time Defenders of the Faith to take.

Ken just seems a little lost. It almost seems as though he doesn't know when/where/why or how to piss without Glenn around.

I wish Halford would just take Ritchie, Scott and Mike Chlasciak out (with or without Ian Hill.... how about Jason Newstead?) and give us stuff from Resurrection (Saviour), Crucible (One Will), Made of Metal (Till the Day I Die), War of Words (Laid to Rest), and Small Deadly Space (Mouthpiece) before Father Time steals his voice for good. Then get in the studio and give us some new stuff, maybe even with Glenn lending a hand. I'm a huge Judas Priest fan, and the new album was pretty good, but I've heard Breakin' the Law, Living After Midnight, Grinder, etc, etc, just about enough times now.

5. slowhand84

slowhand84 Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree, no contest between the two of them. I've always thought of KK as the rhythm player and Glenn as the lead, even though that's not technically true...but Glenn's solos blow KK's out of the water in my opinion. Glenn's got some of the best phrasing in heavy metal and a wicked ear.

Ken basically made a series of bad decisions/mistakes (all entirely his own doing), and just doesn't seem to be willing to accept responsibility for them so he's lashing out at the band and whining about everything he can.

I actually really loved the new JP record. I personally think its the best album they've put out since Painkiller and I think Ritchie has really breathed new life into the band. Having seen Priest with Deep Purple earlier this year I can tell you Father Time hasn't stolen much from Rob...he's somehow sounding 90% as good as he did 30 years ago.

6. Mikesr1963

Mikesr1963 Well-Known Member

He didn’t sell it. It was collateral in the golf course he lost his ass in. They took it and that was his only sure income. Think what I read around $400,000 a year. He screwed up business wise and may end up broke and homeless.

slowhand84 likes this.
  7. jam

jam Well-Known Member

You need two: wah wah

jamdogg and Milkman like this.
  8. jamdogg

jamdogg Well-Known Member Supporting Member

we are all doing it wrong. LOL in all seriousness i'm surprised royalties are that much annually.

9. Rollin Hand

Rollin Hand Well-Known Member

Not for today's musicians, they aren't.

10. slowhand84

Yeah, I am too and don't quite understand it...how is one person's share of royalties for these songs almost half a million dollars? It's not like they're still selling thousands of copies of their albums per year and even if they were it still wouldn't amount to that number. Don't see a lot of JP songs in commercials either, I guess the songs are played at stadiums and things like that but I'm shocked it equates to that kind of cash.

11. uwmcscott

uwmcscott AGF Survivor Champ

Royalties come from all different places now - Itunes, Satellite radio, bundled cable/tv/audio services, etc. And many of them don't pay on a per use/sale basis...just having your music as a potential option to sell nets some cash. Sirius just raised their "royaltee" fee again.

slowhand84 likes this.
  12. Mikesr1963

Mikesr1963 Well-Known Member

Not long ago Peter Frampton went to Washington and spoke to a number of representatives over this:

"For 55 million streams of, ‘Baby I Love Your Way’, I got $1,700. I went to Washington with ASCAP last year to talk to law makers about this. Their jaws dropped and they asked me to repeat that for them".

Trump not to long ago signed a bill into law that addresses some of the issues and here's a link to a Rolling Stone article on it:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/trump-signs-music-modernization-act-736185/

13. slowhand84