We finally started recording our second record last night. Not that anyone really gives a shit lol. But I’d figure I’d post some pics to chronicle and keep this, if only for myself, as a memoir for the interwebz. After a couple months of laying down scratch tracks, and the better part of 2 years writing all this music, actually some songs are even older than that, we managed to get our first drum recording of the first tune on the record, a 3 minute instrumental. We are recording in our rehearsal space. We have two Focusrite sapphire interfaces going into logic. And I want to say 13 mics on the drums. Kick, snare (top and bottom), 4 toms, 2 overheads, hi hat, a mic on each ride (my drummer has 2 ride cymbals) and another condenser in front of the kit about 10’ away for some ambience. The drums are sounding really good. I’m sure things will change once we start adding other frequencies from the bass and guitar, but we have everything pretty balanced and levels up pretty good and loud, no clipping. The biggest issue was connecting the interfaces and then having them talk to logic. Lots of learning on the job and YouTube vids lol. Either way, it’s fun and I enjoy recording. I scratched a guitar track along with the drums, went direct out from the headphone jack of my drummer’s Micro Terror. Hopefully we pick up the pace a bit and can get 2-3 drum tracks a night going forward. Then do everything on bass and then guitar. Vocals last. We spent most of last night leveling and troubleshooting hardware/software issues. Ideally, I’d like to get solid recordings and have them sent out for mixing/mastering to help keep costs down. But we shall see! Fingers crossed they won’t suck!!