NGD Start Of A Project

Discussion in 'Gear Chat' started by chimi42, May 24, 2019.

1. chimi42

chimi42 Well-Known Member

So a bit of a backstory behind this. I have a 14 year old family member that I’m pretty close with. He’s had a similar road in life that I had family wise and so we’ve always had a connection over that and music. We talk music a lot. I started putting a tiny bit of cash in his bank account from each of my paychecks and I get him random gear from time to time. The kid is an absolute monster on guitar, playing for two years and he’s light years ahead of me.

He has a mini home studio that he put together and I pop in to record some ideas from time to time. He’s kind of my personal producer.

Anyways I let him borrow a guitar of mine recently and he kept prodding me on if I would ever upgrade anything on it. I said maybe at some point I would consider a real Floyd instead of the licensed one on it. So I stopped by a few weeks ago and I find he ordered a real Floyd for the guitar and installed it for me!

So no good deed should go unpunished, he’s been talking about putting together his own super strat since we saw dokken earlier this year and he fell in love with Jon Levin’s Strat. Below is going to be his bday present along with a gift certificate to warmoth.

1A5BFCAE-96B4-4C00-BC32-9709A9474421.jpeg

Manodano, kirobhan, STACKS and 10 others like this.
  2. zacsdad

zacsdad Well-Known Member

Good on you man, that’s awesome!

3. devdem

devdem Well-Known Member

whoah that's incredible!

Yeah, good on you for keeping that connection going and stoking the flames of learning. I have no kids and wish sometimes that any young person would have an interest in anything I do.