Strange Greco Spacey Sound Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by MarcoFj96, Oct 9, 2019.

1. MarcoFj96

MarcoFj96 New Member

Hi, I'm an Italian guy who wants to buy a new stratocaster. While watching a website of a shop I saw this Greco Spacey Sound ... so I checked the serial number but the one that compares on the instrument is too long (I 1094342). Also not so even that model is because on the next there Is "Spacey Sound" but I have not found photos of instruments with a neck with binding and rectangular dots, simil les Paul.
    Can someone help me?

Here the link of the shop page with the photos http://www.morenomeroni.com/project/greco-spacey-sound-stratocaster/

2. Mickey

Mickey Gandalf the Intonationer

Can't help you, but I'd sure like to have one like that. :)

3. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

Looks interesting and grecos always rate highly but I'm thinking it would not have been released in the US. At least not with that name. Pretty sure I'd remember that. I'm thinking that name is a translation from another language as it seems awkward.

4. golem

golem Well-Known Member

Fernandes, Burny, Greco... I think they're all the same company. None of these brands I see particularly often in the US but I do see them a lot in the Philippines (I still get a lot of Filipino guitar ads from my time there). Looking it up it should be the model SE500. Not a single example has a bound neck like that.

5. jwguitar

jwguitar Well-Known Member

I have seen Greco strats before but I have not seen that particular model. It does look interesting. If you wanted to find out information you might be able to contact the actual company.