Strap ATTACK! - March Madness

Discussion in 'Dealer's Corner' started by tvvoodoo, Mar 1, 2012.

1. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member

Some new Strap Attack customs completed over past weeks, some previous still for sale.

one side...

b6ea391a687517244ab7301a68a51332.jpg

t'other

19c4cf128b7edaea23ad2a38f383cf7f.jpg

Top of the row is "See you in Court"
    84ae1a66c2f19b7c87396f3c86acb559.jpg

black vinyl one side, a nice wool herringbone tweed on the other.
    it's much the same as "The Business" down lower. See you in court has the vinyl wrapping about a quarter inch to accent the pure wool, tweed side. Wool as you may know, is a miracle material.
    Do an internet search. Classy and masculine as all getout. in some big multinational boardroom, or, some of you may recognize the wool from what your counsel was wearing during your last probation hearing. totally reversible. $25.

44067559171e7f436332a5d52bf1f27e.jpg

Next up we have "Rich Man's Blues" Beautiful dark, dark navy garment leather one side, accented with three nickly conchos. Shimmery, slidey blue satin on the other. Still reversible, even with the conchos, I tried it. If you have a neck diver, wearing the satin inside here is NOT a good idea. However, if you like to be able to switch guitar orientation a lot, the satin facilitates that because it is real nice and slippy. This was a bit more work because of the hardware, going to ask $32 for this one.

Next up... "Bomb's Away"

0b7602951fe78684ccf108ee88abc77f.jpg

Really cool looking. Inspired by WWII aviator jackets. Distressed vinyl, really pebbly, one side, fake tan suede on the inside. It's not in the full shot up top, but this one now features an ADDITIONAL shoulder pad of genuine shearling. So luxurious. Perfect to wear on stage if you really want to bomb... uh, let me rephrase that...
    if you really want to.... be.... the bomb! Had to buy the sheep, $30

#4 here is "King of the Blues"

08bcbe39fde73125fa6f5825de88b4a8.jpg

Same rich, rich dark navy garment leather one side, awesome deep dark blue crushed velvet on the other. This strap was a major discovery for me. Run your hand along some crushed velvet. You'll notice it is smooth one way, very rough, almost adhesive on the other. I believe this strap will cure moderate to even serious neck dive, if worn with the velvet inside (luckily I put it on the strap the right way, could have been a disaster). But, it looks so frickin' awesome, as it glows in hot lights, it'll be a very tough choice how to wear this one. Two cool straps in one... $30

Next on the block we have "A-Mazing"

6d1a923aeb9253e7d8214ec3a193c510.jpg

Real Suede leather on one side, I think it's pigskin, some wierdo black fabric on the other. The fabric has this freaky maze pattern embroidered on it, that's why it caught my eye. Suddenly reminded me of many lost hours plugging quarters into Mr. and Mrs. Pac-Man back in the day when every kid didn't have their own arcade right at home. So where do all the dealers hang now? Anyway, it's not a particularly striking strap in any way, but very comfortable, and reversible. It is not a slippy strap either, the suede, and the embroidery, both have real good grip on the shoulder. It's the kind of nondescript strap that will let your beautiful guitar shine out. $28, cause it's leather.

The Business is one side tweed, the other vinyl. Extremelyaccurately stitched, well-made strap. The kind of guitar strap suitable for chasing those wild american foxes across the heath, or bar-side parking lot. Black vinyl, wool tweed, all class, all dress up, dress down reversible depending on your mood.

c94b77bd62d472f7866a9effdb788f0a.jpg

Looks just like those pants your lawyer made you wear for your last parole hearing. $25

Moving on, we now have Caramel Brownie.

4bcbdd709dbb56a2fa2a1b068972bfd9.jpg

It is pure beautiful, looks good enough to eat. The saddle leather came off a vintage 1970's lounge cruiser coat. I bet dude had a killer mustache and flared jeans ta boot. Imagine the coke this leather has seen in its day. The other side is also real leather, a rich, dark brown suede. Caramel Brownie plain oozes loads of macho, manly mojo. Are you man enough for it? Fully reversible, $30

Last on the March Madness list is "She Loves Me"

03d6007ad5d5c26c4504f1a3ceae0bd1.jpg

This one features a cool black velvet inside, but the velvet has these freakish looking daisies all over it in a thick-ish metallic... uh.... paint? Don't worry it's stuck on there good. Not coming off.
    Another strap which would really help against a neck diver, though not quite as grippy as crushed velvet. Sort of the best of both worlds. Material caught my eye during the bag sale, it was on a kid's vest but I thought it was funky as all get out. The other side is deep deep black "corinthian leather" Ok, vinyl. Fully reversable, too $25

All are luxuriously padded and comfy, adjustable, tested to be secure enough I'd put any of them on my Gibby 335, easy. All reversable, two in one, really, and about 3"-3 1/4" wide. Prices include shipping, unless you live in Tibet or something. Happy to answer any questions, as well.

CARAMEL BROWNIE - SOLD TO TONY
    KING OF THE BLUES - SOLD to Scott
    A-MAZING - SOLD to Rick
    SHE LOVES YOU -
    SEE YOU IN COURT - Sold to Breed
    THE BUSINESS - SOLD to Johnny
    RICH MAN'S BLUES -
    BOMBS AWAY - SOLD to Ian

THANK YOUUUUUUUU

2. Rick In Pa.

Rick In Pa. Well-Known Member

RE: March Madness Strap Attack

Do these prices include shipping Brad, or would that be additional?

3. tvvoodoo

Shipping is included. Sorry about that... Unless your 'a peon or somesuch. Costs me about $8.50 ea

4. JeffBeck

JeffBeck Baldy McBaldhead Staff Member

Bombs away is a bad mofo! :thumbup:

tvvoodoo likes this.
  5. msc_

msc_ Well-Known Member Supporting Member

:love_at_first::love_at_first::love_at_first::love_at_first:

PM Sent!

6. Felix

Felix New Member

Ah ha! So it was you peeking through that thick, yellowed window!

Don't think I didn't see that 'thumbs down' you were giving the board! :wiggle:

7. tvvoodoo

Lazy Sunday bump for March strap attack madness, oh, and Caramel Brownie now available, if you figure got testosterone enough to wear the thing.

8. macrocket

macrocket Well-Known Member

Sweet looking straps and they continue to get better.

tvvoodoo likes this.
  9. IndependentMind

IndependentMind New Member

PM sent

"Imagine the coke this leather has seen in its day."
    Priceless, absolutely priceless!

10. tvvoodoo

backatcha:thumbup: 'tis available.

11. IndependentMind

IndependentMind New Member

Money sent, cause he's Canadian like me - overworked, overtaxed, and overly healthy

tvvoodoo likes this.
  12. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Technically, a true "March Madness" strap would need to be adorned in the UK logo.
    ....just sayin'

These look awesome, btw!:thumbup:

tvvoodoo likes this.
  13. JeffBeck

JeffBeck Baldy McBaldhead Staff Member

You do mean the University of Kentucky don't you? :grin:

14. PsychoCid

PsychoCid Well-Known Member

So is it bombs away or a whole new strap we're doing?

15. RE: March Madness Strap Attack

loved the Bombs away strap.

16. PsychoCid

PsychoCid Well-Known Member

Full review upon arrival. :thumbup:

17. tvvoodoo

Mid-Month Bump. If you believe you and your fine guitar deserve a strap no one else in the world has, here is where to get it for less. - also, soon up for sale as a b-stock/experiment designed to compliment a firebird... this one.
    1f6539ba1898c7ee0086a0be689d54c9.jpg

Its' almost complete, sad but hilarious description of the making soon to follow.

On the fence? check the >>>>REVIEWS<<<<

18. tvvoodoo

Ok a quick story on the above "Fire Chicken" strap, which was inspired by a fellow agf'ers firebird, and my finding of a ladies' concho belt made of that eagle hardware. It was an attempt to utilize some white vinyl was given to me by someone who was moving. Not sure if it's marine or commercial grade or what but it's a heavier felt backed vinyl I was really excited to get, probably four of five yards of the stuff.

Well, after some experimentation with it, I have concluded it is less than idea for strap-making.
    It seems a bit stiff, and my machine, not built for true heavy duty industrial sewing, chokes on it, particularly when it is folded over on itself, with another layer of vinyl and padding inside as well. I broke needles, endured thread tangles, missed stitches, got a few unwanted seam wrinkles and basically cursed above and below my breath during the excruciating 3 hour process to sew this stupid thing. My wife was near ready to call the men with the white van to come get me.

I will use the remainder of the white vinyl to cover a crate hybrid combo amp I have to finish putting together sometime this spring. Some of it might appear in a different way on some upcoming straps

That said, it still looks... well, just OK, outside of three feet. I have decided rather than put it in the round filing box, I will sell it as a B-Stock, because it was so much work and pain to complete. So, if you happen to be a gambling person, you can own this strap for $15, shipping included. It's not my best work, not my terrible worst either but it sort of leans that way. I just want it out of my workshop. It's 3.5 inches wide, adjustable but non-reversible and overall a feels bit on the stiff side, but hangs just fine under some weight.

JUST BEFORE I WAS ABOUT TO TAKE IT OFF THE MARKET - FIRE CHICKEN HAS SOLD!

19. tvvoodoo

Ummm, it ain't be March no mo'!!??? Bump... in an attempt to... clear the warehouse!

I can't believe Caramel Brownie and Rich Man are still here. VERY nice handmade LEATHER padded,
    3" wide straps! Purchase any leather strap, add a vinyl one to your order, (from here, wild west, Wild Things, or April Showers) half price, but only until the weekend is over. I pay shipping.

CARAMEL BROWNIE - SOLD
    SHE LOVES ME -Available
    SEE YOU IN COURT -Available
    RICH MAN'S BLUES - Available

20. Rick In Pa.

Rick In Pa. Well-Known Member

Come on guys! Buy these last few from this series! These straps are awesome and hand-made! Brad puts alot of thought and hard work into these and they are super comfortable! Besides, who here wouldn't want a one of a kind, piece of art strap for their favorite guitar? Get rid of that boring 2 1/2" basic flat leather strap and getcher self one-a these bad boys! You'll be glad you did!

tvvoodoo likes this.