Strap Attack! - Wild Thingz

Discussion in 'Dealer's Corner' started by tvvoodoo, Mar 26, 2012.

1. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member

Here's another new series set of TVvoodoo Custom Strap Attacks! I plan to continue this series, as I have a bunch more planned due to materials found, but here goes with the first grouping.

I present to you... Da Wild Thingz!

leather/vinyl side

36b613aa5037bb9534eca9dc16d33209.jpg

T'other side:

c506f8666b5fb1caebe3cd74795b2e82.jpg

First off, we have "WTF?!"

265e8ebd125a7718644c8e05c8a95a77.jpg

Remember Caramel Brownie, and Davy Crockett? I didn't want to waste any of that beautiful vintage 70's leather so I turned the pockets into a shoulder pad skinny strap just for a fun experiment. The strap part is made from a matching pair of ladies belts made up of what looks like vinyl, rope, and some other material all braided together, it's about an inch and a half wide and very strong. As luck would have it, I found two matching at the thrift shop, so they hook into each other at the brass buckle, and I made nice strong tabs at the ends. The reverse side is a well padded interior, covered with leopard patterned fleece. It's wide. Like about 4" wide at the shoulder. I don't know how to price this experimental thing, make me an offer, you may be surprised!

Next up... "Bear With Me"

f85cbc224dfc241adfdf426a29092ba7.jpg

I should have called this one "Strap of My Eternal Damnation."
    It has rich thick black pile on one side, like the fur of that ol' grizzly bar Davy killed when he was only three, maroon/red vinyl on the other. This is probably the thickest, most plush strap I have ever offered. That probably is why I was forced to take the Lord's, his Fathers', Mothers', stepfathers', and various disciples' names in vain both out loud, and under my breath a WHOLE LOT OF TIMES while I was making it - hence the eternal damnation that probably awaits. Whoever gets this one, I would appreciate a short prayer for my salvation. Due to the difficulties in sewing "Bear With Me" the stitching is a little on the "not pretty" side, on the vinyl side, none of those problems show up on the bear side, though. Strong, thickly padded, totally reversible. B-stock, I think... $20

Next up... "Jungle Tail"

46818ffa5c660fdd6beea0113ffc521f.jpg

Very nice saddle coloured vinyl, with a faux hair-on leopard slash cut inside the face of the strap. Looks pretty darn cool if I do say so myself. The other side is plush, soft, leopard patterned fleece, doubled up for extra strength. Stitching on this one is great, looks pretty pro. The end strap is heavily reinforced leopard fleece (hidden inside reinforcement) with a leather tab sewn where the pin goes. Padded, adjustable, reversible. Show the world what a dangerous cat you are for $25.

Lastly, no ways leastly, I offer you "Python Monte"

9c003a13e00a1e4a9b570fd0d3979310.jpg

This strap was going to be the first in my "Brootz" series, but I changed my mind. I'm going to unveil that line later on, so I made it fit into the "Wild Thingz" theme. "Python Monte" is rich black leather on one side, python patterned denim on the other. The denim is really cool, you will seem more of it in the brootz series - it's got a silvery gray shine to it, with a snake scale pattern in darker greys and black. If you look real close you'll maybe even spy the slightest subtle touch of purple. Brings to mind some of those black flames we've seen with a slight purply tinge. Definitely came from the pants of some VERY hot rock chick. The leather is just that, nice thick black buttery garment leather but I gave it a subtle blocky texture experiment on the front with padding I laid underneath the front shoulder part. It's a badass strap for sure. Padded, adjustable, reversible - Major snakey bad attitude included, free of charge. 'Cause it's leather - $32.

So there you go, the first four in the "Wild Thingz" series. Hope you see something you like here - just let me know. I'm also very willing to deal if you happen to see two or more you like, in this series or others, mix and match, whatever... try me out :thumbup:

"WTF?!" - SOLD
    "Bear With Me" - available
    "Jungle Tail" - available
    "Python Monte" - Sold to a finely inked gentleman

On the fence? Check my reviews: >>>>RIGHT HERE!<<<<

Felix likes this.
  2. IndependentMind

IndependentMind New Member

Python Monte looks pretty damn good.

You must have one hell of a sewing machine to get through that leather.

tvvoodoo likes this.
  3. zacsdad

zacsdad Well-Known Member

hey, can you make longer strap ends? the black orchid is a touch on the short side for me....

4. tvvoodoo

You mean for black orchid, sure! Or another strap? sure?
    just give me a measurement you want

5. LargeIcedCoffee

LargeIcedCoffee Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to take something and lengthen my shark tooth lightening b-stock.
    I love your straps. I just don't need any more. =P

6. zacsdad

id like the adjustable end to be about 6-8 inches longer. pm me a price... oh, and i am eyeballing some of those wild ones!

7. tvvoodoo

I need to know how long, and wide the existing adjust strap is , then just send you a new one. No charge, particularly if you purchase another. :wiggle:

8. zacsdad

will do, thanks!

9. Felix

Felix New Member

Awaits? What, did ya think this was a guitar forum?
    eb89fc2869713a3b0cdfb9f33c80ccd2.jpg

10. FastMattTX

FastMattTX Well-Known Member

Awesome work. I'll take Python if it's still available.

11. tvvoodoo

Sorry I was away from the computer, and RickinpA sent me the message earlier. I will have a similar coming up in the brutz line or I can just make you one pretty much like it, in a week or two if Rick Doesn't mind

12. idiotsdelight

idiotsdelight Well-Known Member

Could this possibly happen for La Grange as well? Not sure if you have any material left. I could send you the end to alter, if that might help. I still need to get you these Grolsch washers, so I could kill 2 birds...

Another nice batch tv. I knew Python Monte wouldn't last. Either your photography is getting better, or your skills, or both, but those pictures look great. You better be careful. You might end up employing people.

13. tvvoodoo

La grange... is that a burgundy, red vinyl on the strap? I forget. I have more of that for sure.

Yeah, the first batch of straps I acknowledge are about 4" too short for the larger dudes - made for myself really, and I'm 6' even, but don't wear mine real low, more like a buckle picker, if you get my drift. Since then, I note, they are all about 3-4" longer, because of the plywood template I made. Always open to keeping customers happy. :thumbup: might as well buy a strap, gonna cost you $8.50 in shipping anyway, no charge for the longer strap.