Strap Attack - Wild West Series

Discussion in 'Dealer's Corner' started by tvvoodoo, Mar 25, 2012.

1. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member

Here's a few new offerings along a theme for all you wild western folks. You don't have to be a cowboy, or play cowboy music to wear one of these, in fact, throw one of these onto your Dean or Charvel just to keep folks guessin', then shred the hell out of it :grin:

Here they is:

Frontside (They are all wearable reversed, but Davy Crocket is really best suited only one way).

eda45d3209ba3ab25233dc60cf40a388.jpg

Backside:

c363b25a28ed025a099ae74ad27679a4.jpg

here's the deets:

27afc479efec7bd6f831f4d7a8acf717.jpg

Fan of Nevada is made from a rich pebbled vinyl, and a super soft denim on the other. And features a couple of tags from another pair of jeans I found just for the hell of it. The denim is actually pretty heavy, from a pair of my favourite jeans my wife made me get rid of. You know the kind, the ones that are totally broke in nice, and feel so good to wear, but not so thin it's rip in three weeks. Further "specially processed" by me to make it even softer. It's not a fancy strap, nor "western fancy", she's pretty basic, utilitarian adjustable, reversible and comfortable. $25 :grin:

3b8fb4adf76ed2393b7092eac610bba9.jpg

Gotta say Davy Crockett is one of my best ever - lots of detail (and work) went into this. Made primarily from a butter-soft 70's vintage leather jacket, I pretty much used up the rest I had with the four sets of fringes because I didn't want to waste any of that beautifully finished skin. The fringes hang perfectly fine when it's worn, I mussed them up for the photos. Here's another shot for some detail.

bfb08aa2a4b1602fb704bfa93c12d637.jpg

Davy Crockett features a shiny star circled by rope patterned button on the frontside, seems to be silver, or silver plate to me (which came off a western belt I found). The inside is made of tan coloured corduroy, another successful experiment for anti-neck dive. The corduroy was cut so the lines are horizontal, not vertical, offering substantial shoulder gripping properties. The end adjustment strap is a matching chunk of a belt that has a nice western style floral pattern pressed into it, but it's subtle, not in your face. $36

6dc711b1253f73be8d03a010b47b6ca7.jpg

Got a little nutty with "Cow-Boy" :grin:
    It's got saddle coloured vinyl on one side, denim on the other, but It needed something extra, so I also added this interesting touch.

0dcd48ce75d882c7a3eb41987f9f5cf6.jpg

I wore out a couple of spots on the denim side to reveal the inside of the strap, which might cause folks to give you a big double take if you wear it denim side out. Inside, peeking through the worn denim is some nice chunks of hair-on cowhide, revealing the Mad Cow inside of you. Now that I write this, I should have called it "Full of Bull" :grin: I took extra care to make this appear like real denim wear, not just some hole cut into the fabric. Cow-Boy is adjustable, and reversible, but mostly vinyl with some extra touches, so let's say $28

Need to say the denim on Cow Boy and Fan of Nevada has been ultra-softened by me with my highly secretive proprietary process (shhhhhh) of taking 400 grit sandpaper to it to break and raise the cotton fibres just a bit. Soooo soft to the touch. I wore these jeans for a couple/few years, so maybe that devalues them. It's not like the Steve Vai DNA series, though perhaps some of mine is in the denim. Please do not provide to the authorities for any criminal or paternity tests. They are all padded and about 3" wide for ULTIMATE COMFORT - check my review page to see what folks are saying. Prices DO include shipping in North America.

Hope you dig these, I also have more outside of this theme coming very soon. I figured I'd make a few extra straps this month as my newspaper business gets pretty crazy in April so I won't have a lot of extra time to make too many more for a bit.

Fan of Nevada - Available
    Davy Crockett - Is SOLD
    Cow-Boy - Available

2. tvvoodoo

no luvz for the weztern stylz here? Is AGF suddenly overpopulated by makeup-wearing emo shredders?

Tell you what. Check these over again. See one you like, I will include ANY additional vinyl (not leather) strap I have up for sale right now, for only $10 more, OR, WTF!? (from the Wild Thingz section which is part leather) FREE, with purchase of any of the above wild westerners.

Offer good until end of day Saturday, or until I run out of vinyls up for sale.

3. macrocket

macrocket Well-Known Member

Your stitching is looking pretty good. Give it a little time. I'm sure some people will take to the style shortly.

BTW: I have an old really nice red black and white wide strap that mice chewed the adjustment strap off that I was thinking about sending you.

4. virtuzoso

virtuzoso Well-Known Member

You're pretty talented, guy. Almost bought one but the ones I liked sold out quick :) The Bomber one was one of the coolest straps I have seen ANYWHERE. Hell, even the one's I dont like are cool! Nice job!

tvvoodoo likes this.
  5. Rick In Pa.

Rick In Pa. Well-Known Member

Geez, I just bought two! What the heck do you want from me?!?!?!?

:naughty:

6. stewiesguitar

stewiesguitar Well-Known Member

i didnt know about your straps (vinyl ones) but im really digging that davy crocket one.

7. tvvoodoo

Rick no beef with you! Python Monte is in the mail. :grin: -

Stewie, keep coming back once in awhile, look it over. check out the beautiful lines and materials of Crockett, think about the history of your country, the frontier spirit, the alamo etc... soon you will find... IT'S GONE... to someone else :ticking:

I leave you with this for further inspiration:

:thumbup:

Rick In Pa. likes this.
  8. FastMattTX

FastMattTX Well-Known Member

Lotsa love - check your PM's! :D

tvvoodoo likes this.
  9. idiotsdelight

idiotsdelight Well-Known Member

Bump because I like looking at them.

tvvoodoo likes this.
  10. LargeIcedCoffee

LargeIcedCoffee Well-Known Member

What part of your jeans is it?:ticking:

11. tvvoodoo

The leg part silly. No crotch parts involved, because by the time I'm typically done with jeans, my junk has worn almost clear through :baddevil:

idiotsdelight likes this.
  12. LargeIcedCoffee

LargeIcedCoffee Well-Known Member

Thanks for that mental picture..

13. Rick In Pa.

Two left bump!

That Cow-Boy one is cool as hell! Somebody NEEDS that!

14. tvvoodoo

This Gal Is Freaky bump

[​IMG]

Same deal, these two are vinyl, and will go for $15 with the purchase of any leather strap from march madness, or April showers.
    Shipping included, deal valid until midnight Sunday, Apr. 15 CST

15. macrocket

macrocket Well-Known Member

I bet the girls love her bump.

16. tvvoodoo

Wild West Series Discontinuance? Could this be the end? Riding off into the sunset?
    Run out of town on a rail?

Buy one, get the other one half price. Ba-da-Bump

17. tvvoodoo

I grew up on a ranch. When I think western, I think of shit, mud, beer and blood.
    I do not think of tex ritter's spangled suits, keith urban, or Brokeback Mountain.

My Wild West straps have the REAL west built in.

Bump.

18. idiotsdelight

idiotsdelight Well-Known Member

Cowboy doesn't appear like it would ever quit you, if you know what I mean & I think you do.

*:ticking: <hairy man-bear & assless chaps bump*

tvvoodoo likes this.
  19. OMB

OMB Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

I like the Wild West CowBoy but without the torn parts. Not in to relics. I am now watching your offerings and I don't even use a strap. Nice stuff.

20. Rick In Pa.

I NEVER used a strap before either (And told Brad as much when he first solicited me), but I decided to give one a shot and now I have 4 of his straps and plants get two more for my other two guits. They really are excellent quality and make it much more comfortable.

tvvoodoo likes this.