Sweet Usa Fender Strat Deal @ Sam Ash

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by slowhand84, Jan 11, 2019.

1. slowhand84

slowhand84 Well-Known Member

This probably won't last long, a really nice price on a great USA Fender. I'm up to my eyeballs in strats so maybe someone here needs another...this is def. about $200 less than they normally go for used. This color also definitely looks WAY nicer in person, Sienna Sunburst is one of their coolest finishes in my opinion but these pics make it look sorta clownburst-y.

https://used.samashmusic.com/product/texas-special-strat/

RockYoWorld likes this.
  2. slowhand84

Bump bump bump it up

3. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

The sienna is the best looking finish I can think of in a strat. By a mile with the ash grain showing through.
    That said, I've never seen one take a picture that bad. That clowny. I'd be a bit worried that may be the ugly duckling of the batch.

4. slowhand84

I think it's really just the intense spotlight photography they have going on, when you see how super bright the rest of the photo is you can imagine it'll look normal when it's not being lit up like a Christmas tree :).

nomadh likes this.
  5. naponthebeach

naponthebeach New Member

Page 404. Looks like it is gone already. Anybody care to share the details for those of us who missed it? Year, price, etc...

howardlo65 likes this.
  6. slowhand84

Not surprised haha, it was up for probably an hour when I saw it so gone in less than 2-3 hours is about right for a USA strat underpriced by $200ish. It was a 2002, Fender USA Texas Special Fat Strat in Sienna Sunburst. $599 plus $24 shipping, pretty slammin' deal.

7. jamdogg

jamdogg Well-Known Member Supporting Member

strats are a dime a dozen. and given how simple they are to put together - $600 will get anyone a killer partscaster.

Mossman likes this.
  8. slowhand84

Uh...OK? I mean I agree with you, I have a few super high end partscasters and I greatly prefer them to any Fender I've ever had but I was just passing on a particularly great deal on a USA Fender cuz those don't come around too often (as you can see by the speed with which this deal was gone :)).

9. jamdogg

jamdogg Well-Known Member Supporting Member

pardon the tone - $599 AM strats don't grow on trees! LOL just trying to comfort the folks that missed it. But easy come/easy go on strats more so than any other guitar is all. No one ever accused you of posting a weak deal. Apologies, not intending to stir the pot.

nomadh, golem, bygdaddy and 1 other person like this.
  10. slowhand84

No offense taken, was just confused :). That’s def true, plenty of strats out there for all of us!

bygdaddy likes this.
  11. golem

golem Well-Known Member

That's pretty cheap for a strat. Sure cheaper deals on MIA strats can be found, but not everyday.

nomadh and slowhand84 like this.
  12. Mossman

Mossman Well-Known Member

That's what I'm saying! Since I started building, I've had only a little GAS for Fender guitars and basses... But I'd jump on a $600 MIA Strat if it hit me right. That's MIM money, son.

slowhand84 likes this.
  13. slowhand84

Definitely, it's just pretty cheap for this particular strat. You can find other slightly lower end USA strats around $500ish used sometimes but this ain't one of those :).

The partscaster route is definitely right for me as well, though I never build em myself...I just wait for other folks to drop $1500-$2000 on one and then I scoop it up for $400 or $500 cuz partscasters have super poor resale value...I highly recommend that route!

Mossman likes this.
  14. thepezident

thepezident Well-Known Member

dont tell me it had a maple fretboard...

15. slowhand84

Rosewood, not to worry!

16. Mossman

Mossman Well-Known Member

Haha! I never build a guitar with the intent to sell it... Well... not anymore, anyway. :ROFLMAO: I build them to be permanent additions to my palette of colors. They're all different in very appreciable ways... I hate redundancy. I build what I feel I lack.

And I've never come close to putting that much money into a build! Yikes! Maybe if I bought all my parts from Warmoth, and got all nuts with exotic wood and shit, but I have no appetite for such things. I pride myself on my ability to find quality parts for decent prices, and the more craft that's involved, the better. And when you get right down to it, that's the real reason why I do it... For the craft. It's a challenge, and a creative expression, and a powerful meditation.

Somebody once said: "There's a point in craft where doing and being become the same thing." When you're really involved, you lose all sense of time, sense of place, sense of self... You become the work, and you have no consciousness of anything else. I could start working on a project on a Sunday morning, thinking I might put in a couple of hours... The next thing I know, it's dark outside... and I haven't eaten all day... and I have no idea where the time went! People wonder how I can tolerate all the tedious stuff, like sanding, or hand-buffing for hours... The thing is; I'm not really there! ;)

17. bygdaddy

bygdaddy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You have guitar building elves???????? WTF

nomadh likes this.
  18. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

To me the killer part was it was siennaburst on ash. That is the best looking fender strat this side of the custom shop. By miles. You got to buy a $200 sx to even get close to the look. Funny enough.

19. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

For that price usually need to settle for red, white, black or botched relic job.

20. golem

golem Well-Known Member

Pretty much. I got lucky with one for less this year with just a few nicks. In a place like STL, it's a buyer's market.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019