The Nomadh Well Hung Raffle

Discussion in 'What's left to Talk About?' started by nomadh, Jan 9, 2019.

1. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I won the Well Hung grand prize a week ago and part of that prize was I get to pick a winner of another strap. There was some serious ass kissing in the other thread but I'd like to adjust the rules and do a reset. I was hoping the AGF crowd here would prove they are not just 40% better than other guitar forums but 400% better and show our good friend @sabasgr68 some AGF'n love. All proceeds will go to him while currently hunkered down protecting his family and working to keep them fed in Venezuela as the country falls apart around him. It's been a sad story that he has shared in posts and in PMs.
    For each $5 an AGF member sends to @sabasgr68 paypal account during the contest that member will get 1 entry in the raffle. For every $20 sent you will get a 5th entry.
    The winner of this contest will show a picture of the guitar he needs to strapify and the amazing @tvvoodoo will give the winner his pick out of 2 straptacular well hung choices.
    To get a taste of what to expect have a look at the product here.
    0ae9f200556c2b7eda652d0fe0c4a934.jpg
    https://reverb.com/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories

So give early and give often and you too could be hanging with the well hung.

EDIT:
    The paypal account is [email protected]

I think you can just do it as a gift so no fees are extracted. I don't recall the details.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    kirobhan, sabasgr68, MattS and 5 others like this.
  2. Mossman

Mossman Well-Known Member

I already have 2 WH straps, but I'm always interested in helping a brother out. What's Sabas' PP address?

MattS, sabasgr68, nomadh and 2 others like this.
  3. tomringg

tomringg Well-Known Member

I'll be in, as soon as we get the PP address. When will the raffle close?

4. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member AGF Registered Dealer

Pipin' in I am open to a custom strap job within reason, but there might be a few weeks waiting time or more, from materials in-stock. Nice idea, glad to be in on it!

MattS, kirobhan, nomadh and 1 other person like this.
  5. RiverDog

RiverDog Well-Known Member

I commented on the other thread but I'll post it here since I just noticed the new thread. So this is no longer exclusively open to those of us who have never been well hung strap owners, but to all on the forum? Of course I do not want to reduce any chances of Sabas getting financial help so I see the point in including everyone. Maybe those of us 4 who posted in the original competition and have never been well hung strap owners could be eligible for a few extra entries by default? Just a thought. Whatever y'all decide. :)

6. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

Sorry I didnt get that in the original post. I added it now. Its
    [email protected]

Mossman likes this.
  7. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

I'm thinking a week to 2 weeks depending on how much buzz we can get going and how busy I get to administer it :)
    its [email protected]

tomringg likes this.
  8. crmartin

crmartin Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Done

MattS, sabasgr68 and nomadh like this.
  9. tomringg

I'm in! I hope one of you 'unhung' players wins.

10. jtcnj

jtcnj Well-Known Member

stuck in the mud somewhere in the swamps of jersey
    I'm in for 2 entries; my best chance at being Well-Hung, LOL.
    @nomadh : How do you keep track of who sent what?

11. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

That was the original intent and I can see Brad's interest in getting another Well Hung convert. I'm thinking about how to take that into account.
    MAybe the easiest will be a screen shot to me from sabas with the list of donors so everyone put your screen name a few places when giving.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    MattS, tvvoodoo and jtcnj like this.
  12. sabasgr68

sabasgr68 Well-Known Member

Damon @nomadh you`re a hell of a guy. I joined the initial contest only for the fun, to kill some time with some normality.

Now I find my eyes wet with another AGF´s magic happening my way. It´s overwhelming to say the least. I guess the stress can make your feelings have a thin skin (read: ready to shed some tears... - I`ve had my rage times as well; impotence for what´s happening...); it´s a mixed state.

Will try to get a personal message to each one who, while trying to get that Well-Hung strap, is giving me a hand as well.

No way to thank or give back this gesture of Damon and you all!

As usual, I find myself lacking for more words; I`m still amazed and sentimentally shocked...

:praying::praying::praying::praying::praying:

MattS, nomadh, RiverDog and 1 other person like this.
  13. RiverDog

RiverDog Well-Known Member

Done and done. Thanks for doing this @nomadh!

14. tomringg

15. sabasgr68

MattS, crmartin and RiverDog like this.
  16. tomringg

17. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

Well I got my well hung strap from @tvvoodoo in the mail yesterday. (Thanks Brad) It is a beautiful black silk look with gold embroidery. Completely luxuriant! I only got a few min wit hit as I was out till late last night. Moving it has the same effect as looking at a good flame top LP. It really shimmers and moves. I'll get some pictures up tonight and show what I mean. I was sort of a leather snob and that was all I bought but this strap has me rethinking that.
    And the strap pins are a work of art. How the hell do you make a strap pin into a work of art?!?! I don't know but Brad did it! It looks like it was made by the same guy that a Ferrari owner might have custom made for his F40's radio knobs before he takes it over to Enzo to have him sign the dashboard.
    Until I can decide what guitar to install them on I can certainly use them to keep my yacht tied to the dock :)

More pix and detail coming but in the mean time jump in on the raffle to get well hung. Or even more well hung for those of you in the know. It helps out our good friend @sabasgr68 and gets you a chance to get a design genius, artist chosen strap matched to the guitar of your choice.

MattS, tvvoodoo and BrianSkeezer like this.
  18. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member AGF Registered Dealer

Yes, yes and YES... you are en pointe as always sir!

19. sabasgr68

Looking forward to those strap pics, Damon @nomadh !

I thought maybe some of you would like to know some rough details about the situation here. Maybe is another way of saying Thanks to you and all who spend a couple of minutes reading. And maybe spreading Brad´s @tvvoodoo legendary straps a little more…

I´ll begin by saying this is a very polarized situation. There are like several segments of the same country with different levels of life. I´d say that there´s only one small segment that seems to not be affected, because money and/or influences help solve almost any kind of situation.

The remaining segments have to deal with all the problems, and the basic difference between them is the amount of money they can handle - week by week or month by month -, and the situations they can or can`t solve regardless of money (lack of medical supplies and medicines, spare parts, etc.).

It´s been a while now that prices raise almost from day to day. As an example, bottled milk was priced at 120 bolivares back in mid December, today is 1.800 bolivares. One bag of detergent is 6.500 bolivares. A box of eggs (30 eggs) is 7.000 bolivares. And minimum salary is 18.000 bolivares. I think I don´t need to say more to help you draw your own picture. $1 is worth between 2.500 to 3.000 bolivares as of today (minimum salary is about $6-7).

It´s different to read “ people die in Venezuela for lack of medicines” than to hear your neighbour saying “a friend died yesterday because we couldn´t find the medicines for the treatment”. Not because of money, but because what they needed wasn´t available.

So many different stories of the same tragedy. Some are close to you, some aren´t. But they are happening.

The segment that is relatively “hanging in there” is because help is received from outside in most cases. Working on what we can, doing this thing here and that thing there, or still doing the regular job; but the help coming from outside –family, friends- is one of the key factors for surviving. Having your three meals a day, securing the rent, and trying to stay healthy as possible is what this segment aspires to. Basic things, no luxury stuff (a pizza, an ice cream, a McDonald´s or Wendy´s hamburger are now luxury stuff!). Sold my car 2+ years ago, couldn´t afford to get spares and maintenance. Batteries and tires are stolen in the street just like that. People find their cars on 4 blocks without the wheels.

The other scenarios only become worse as they fall down.

One good thing among all this is the look, the smile, the bright face of someone when you give him/her something –money, food, clothes, etc-. And is when giving when we personally have experienced the giving back effect (a job to do, or finding X product when you least expected it, etc). By being in both sides I´ve learned a lot.

Yes, I have bad days. But most of times I am hopeful and waiting for the best. I have faith and I Believe, there lies my strenght. Spending some time here helps too. I try to look as any other regular AGFer. I try not to fall down and, as you all know, music is an excellent remedy for that. That´s one of the reasons I love my guitar.

So, just you being here, and you being you, are part of the things that make my days better; maybe you cannot get the real sense of that, but know it is. I have so much to thank AGF –the people behind; some of them specially-.

Let´s try to make this short and leave it here.

As I said above, I thought some of you would like to know some things from down here, so I thought I´d share since @nomadh is doing this in part for me, and for Brad´s straps to get in your heads...

All my best to you...

Sabas.

zisme, MattS, kirobhan and 4 others like this.
  20. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update @sabasgr68 . When you write it feels like you are a reporting war correspondent. I read that a few months ago the government did a big currency devaluation but they made it illegal for stores to raise their prices? So the next morning many stores just did not open because they weren't going to sell their inventory for 1/4 what they bought it for. Did you see that?
    I do urge all you AGFers who can to put in $5 and show your support and get yourself a chance to have a Well hung strap custom chosen by the maker for the guitar of your choice.