The Official Agf Benefit Auction Thread!

Discussion in 'Classifieds - For Sale / For Trade / Want To Buy' started by Mossman, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Mossman

Mossman Well-Known Member

Ok, so I imagine most of you have seen the announcement for this auction by now (if you haven't, you can read it here: Announcement: AGF Benefit Auction. That thread explains who this benefit is for and why.

This thread is where I'll explain how this is all going to work, and where all the action is going to go down!

• All items up for auction will be posted here, at a staggered rate (so I don't have to deal with everything all at once!).​
    • Bids on most items may be placed via PM to me; Mossman. I have given donors the option to auction their items on ebay for more exposure. In which case, there will be a link to their ebay auction where you may place your bid. For all other items you may place your bids with me.​
    • Each item will be numbered. When placing bids, please use the item number as the title, so I know what you're bidding on, and place your bid amount in the message. ​
    • I will update the highest bids on each item as bids come in. I'm going to have my hands pretty full, so I cannot contact everybody individually when/if they've been outbid. So please check this thread for updates.​
    • Each item will be open for bidding for a period of two weeks (14 days) from the date it was posted. Bidding will close at midnight PDT on the 14th day. The closing date for each item will be included in the posting.​
    • Items will have a reasonable reserve. If the reserve on an item is not met, the highest bidder will be offered the item at the reserve price.​
    • Shipping will be actual shipping cost, to be calculated once the winning bidder is determined. Sorry, we live all over the place... there's just no way to estimate shipping in advance. But we've all bought gear online before... We know how much stuff costs to ship. :)
    • Payment for items will be made directly to Sabas' Paypal email. If you send payment as a gift, no fees will be taken out. ​
    • Payment for shipping will be similarly sent to the donor's Paypal. Sorry for the extra step... It's just the least complicated way of doing it. ​
    • No items will ship until payment is confirmed.​

* We're still gratefully accepting items for the auction, so if you have anything you'd like to donate, it's never too late. Just send me a PM, and I'll get it posted for you.

** For those of you who would like to make a cash donation, please contact me via PM and I will provide you with Sabas' Paypal email address.

I thank you, and Sabas thanks you all for your support! I know we can make this a big success and really make a difference in a brother's life!

The first few items go up for bid tomorrow (Wednesday) morning! So Stay tuned!

sabasgr68, Tsukiyomi and tomringg like this.
  2. Mossman

Ok... Here we go!

Item #1

This first item(s) was generously donated by @tobijohn. A whole mess of Hotone Nano Legacy amps, including: British Invasion, Purple Wind, Heart Attack, and Mojo Diamond. Also the 4.5" cab and three original power bricks, plus a five connector power brick, all in good to excellent shape!

This is a package deal!

We'll start the bidding at $25. To place a bid send me a PM with "Item #1" in the title and your bid amount in the message.

TJ Hotone 1.JPG

TJ Hotone 2.JPG

https://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/nano-legacy/british-invasion
    https://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/nano-legacy/purple-wind
    https://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/nano-legacy/heart-attack https://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/nano-legacy/mojo-diamond https://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/nano-legacy/Cabinet

Closing date: 4/1/20 @ midnight PDT

Item #2

These next two items were donated by @jamdogg and he opted to list these on ebay for more eyeballs. Here's the link to this set: https://www.ebay.com/itm/114150091813

Gibson (authentic) '57 Classic & '57 Classic +. Removed from a LP (see avatar), leads are full length, desoldered not cut. Fantastic sounding pups in very clean condition. Note this is not a matching pair, the nickel/chrome covers have different color tones to them but i didnt even notice until I removed them.

Gibson 57s.jpeg

Gibson 57s back.jpeg

Item #3

Also donated by Jamdog. Bid here on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/114150096549

Chris Carter SIN pickups - "Snakepit" Slash SD APH2 Pro clones.

Snakepit.jpeg

Snakepit back.jpeg

Chris' description:

SIN PICKUPS SNAKEPIT SET neck and bridge.

Handwound

Solid nickel covers not Brass junk plated nickel

Braided leads

Alnico 2

Bridge 9.3k

Neck. 7.7k

Nickel base plate,usa made 1215 slugs and screws

Wax potted

The SNAKEPIT SET is a handwound clone to that Top hat string slayer from the jungle

This humbucker set is a boosted vintage pickup with more mid growl , tighter not so fat bottom end and shining highs .

Asymmetric coils gives you more articulate notation for soaring leads.

More items to come!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    BrianSkeezer and RiverDog like this.
  3. Chapstick_Addiction

Chapstick_Addiction Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Are any of the pickups sets 4 wire for coil splitting?

Mossman likes this.

4. Mossman

That would be a question to address to @jamdogg. In fact, any questions about the details of any particular item should be directed to the donor of the item. It's probably best to ask those questions here, so that everybody can see the answers

tvvoodoo likes this.
  5. Mossman

Here's some more hot items for your consideration:

Item #4

This generous donation comes to us from brother @mozz. A hand-made custom fuzz!:

"FY-2 Shin EI fuzz. Sold under many different names, germanium version wasn’t made for long. I am using the original NOS Japanese 2SB56 transistors, they were made very consistent in gain and leakage. Most clones don’t use these, why I do not know, not too hard to find. You want 60’s garage band fuzz, it’s right here. Jesus and Mary Chain. Loud. Nasty. No tone stack/tone suck like the silicon versions. Different than a fuzz face, yet was most likely copied due to the success of it. Output capacitor was increased to give it a little more bottom end."

We'll start the bidding at $10. To place a bid, PM Mossman, with "Item #4" in the title, and your bid in the message!

Mozz pedal.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Mossman

Item #5

@brattmatter steps up with a Fat Lion from Calvalier Pickups:

Fat Lion - Tele®/Esquire® bridge pickup. 42AWG over A5 rod magnets for a very bold tone with lots of mid-range, for serious rock and blues, approximately 9.2k dcr. Butter smooth treble that's never shrill, major midrange and good bass end, not best nor meant for twang tone. This is typically used for rock and bluez and pop, and Esquires® that need an increased range of tone. Black or ivory/parchment string wrapped, supplied with mounting screws and tubing.

Bidding starts at $10, PM Mossman about "Item #5" to place your bid!

Fat Lion 1.jpg

Fat Lion 2.jpg

Fat Lion 3.jpg

Fat Lion 4.jpg

7. Mossman

Item #6

@Mickey says: "Go big, or go home", with his extremely generous donation of a mint Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue! But due to the size and weight, this bad boy is for local pickup only.

Here's the description from Mickey:

"As new condition, no mods except I set the bias.
    Less than 20 hours use.
    Original cardboard box.
    Footswitch included.
    NO SHIPPING! You pick up or I'll meet you somewhere within reason.
    (Located in the Panama City, Florida area.)"
    Bidding starts at $200. PM your bid to Mossman with "Item #6" in the title!

Mickey's DRRI.JPG

Attached Files:

mark_morton and Tsukiyomi like this.
  8. Mossman

Item #7

Here comes @RiverDog with the gift that keeps on giving... A Digitech JamMan Solo Looper!

From Digitech:

When we developed the PDS 8000 looper pedal over twenty years ago, it looped eight seconds of audio. When we reinvented loopers in 2005 with the original JamMan®, over 6 hours worth of material could be stored on a removable media card. Now, DigiTech® has raised the bar with the new JamMan Solo Looper/Phrase Sampler with the ability to store 35 minutes of CD-quality loops in 99 internal memories as well as having an SD memory card expansion slot giving you the ability to store over 16 hours* of material in an additional 99 slots. The JamMan Solo is designed for guitarists and bassists packing a full-featured looper in a compact form factor. The JamMan Solo features USB connectivity and will sync to DigiTech's free JamManager XT™ software that organizes and saves your JamMan Solo's loops to PC or Mac. JamManager also lets you quickly create custom JamLists to take to your gig.

For specs and docs: https://www.digitech.com/discontinued-products/JamMan+Solo-.html

Bidding starts at $20. PM Mossman to bid with "Item #7" in the title.

RD JamMan.jpg

Item #8

Also from @RiverDog, a JOYO JF-14 American Sound Guitar Effect Pedal

The JOYO American sound guitar effect pedals is one of the UKs most popular Amp simulators from the JOYO first series of pedals. The pedal is designed to introduce the right kind of overdrive, just like an alnico 12-inch speaker pushed to the limits, adding more natural distortion to an already saturated tube. The sound you hear on the 60's surf classics, as well as the country and rockabilly hits from the 50's is the classic fender clean sound. This warm sound which first emerged in 1953.

Perhaps the greatest feature of this pedal is the fact that it has inbuilt cabinet emulation meaning you can go from the pedal directly to a mixing desk, a DAW or directly to your computer/laptop with a jack to usb lead. So this pedal is essentially a DI. You can use it instead of an amp and it can save your gig if your amp fails, just put it at the end of all your other pedals and set it clean like your amp then just take the output from the American sound straight to the desk. Gig saved. Or by going direct into a DAW or even your laptop you can record direct from the pedal.

More info: https://www.joyoaudio.co.uk/JOYO-JF-14-american-sound-effect-pedal

This pedal is in mint condition (and comes with the box!). Bidding starts at $10. Hit me with a PM to bid on Item #8!

RD Joyo.jpg

tlarson58, Tsukiyomi and RiverDog like this.
  9. Mossman

ICE-BREAKER!

We've got a high bid of $50 on @mozz's FY-2 Shin EI fuzz! (Item #4)

If you were eyeing that pedal, you've got some competition!

mozz likes this.
  10. Mossman

Item #9

Well, I might as well post my item. Some of you might remember the build thread for this guitar: https://www.aguitarforum.com/threads/the-mossman-king-double-cut-tele.98550/

Once called the "Mossman King", now re-born as the "Mosstone Kingcaster" double-cut Tele.

It's got:
    • Fender Custom Shop NoCaster pickups
    • Wilkinson bridge with three compensated brass saddles
    • Wilkinson vintage-style (Kluson) tuners
    • Ash body in "vintage blonde" with Nitro finish
    • Neck made in Japan, with a semi-gloss poly finish (I wouldn't call it "satin", but I wouldn't call it "glossy", either... It's not sticky).
    • Front of headstock is glossy with "Mosstone Kingcaster" logo
    • Oak Grigsby 4-way switch - 1) bridge, 2) bridge and neck in parallel, 3) bridge and neck in series, 4) neck
    • CTS pots, Switchcraft jack
    • Custom vinyl "pinstripe" graphics

I'll even throw in a matching, genuine, Well-Hung "DMH" guitar strap, made from real straight-jacket material! :D

We'll start bidding at $75. PM me to bid on Item #9

kingcaster full.jpg

[​IMG]

dmh strap.jpg

Full disclosure: The finish has a little "stand bloom" on the lower bout, where the padding on my guitar rack reacted with the nitro (and the Chinese manufacturer told me it was safe for ALL finishes!).

stand rash.jpg

And there are scuffs and imperfections in the finish. It's not a showcase guitar, it's a player... But that doesn't mean it's beat up, either.

scuffs.jpg

And the full DMH strap:

dmh strap full.jpg

11. Mossman

We have a bid of $101 on @tobijohn's Hotone amp package (item #1), so that's in play!

And the high bid on @mozz's hand-built fuzz pedal (item #4) remains at $50.

Tsukiyomi likes this.
  12. RiverDog

RiverDog Well-Known Member

That's one of the coolest straps I've ever seen.

Mossman likes this.
  13. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

Where is the local pick up on the amp? I must’ve missed that.

14. Mickey

Mickey Gandalf the Intonationer

Panama City Florida
    Or I'd be willing to meet someone part way from Nashville/Atlanta/New Orleans/ Jacksonville/etc.

STACKS, golem and Tsukiyomi like this.
  15. golem

golem Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I understood @Mickey , but Nashville is 5+ hours away from me and I'm itching for a reason to visit. I guess you're saying that you'd meet someone part way if they are in cities about the distance of those mentioned. Probably too far for me.

16. Mickey

Mickey Gandalf the Intonationer

That is what I am saying. If you are in Nashville & you buy it, I'll happily meet you half way. :)
    I was using the cities listed as an example, certainly mean to limit it to just them.

STACKS and golem like this.
  17. Mossman

It can be yours if you win the guitar... I think that's kinda cool too. :)

18. Mossman

Ok, we got some more bids in... Here's the standings so far:

Item #1 (@tobijohn's Hotone package) is still standing at $101.
    Item #4 (@mozz's hand-built fuzz pedal) remains at $50.
    Item #5 (@brattmatter's Fat Lion pickup) is now in play with a high bid of $10.
    Item #9 (Mosstone Kingcaster) garnered two bids, with the top bid at $150.

Also, let us not forget @jamdogg's Gibson 57s (on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/114150091813) are at $115.50 with less than 3 days left, and the Snakepit set (https://www.ebay.com/itm/114150096549) is at $61.

I'm getting a lot of interest in some other items in PMs, but no bids yet! Don't be shy folks!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    BrianSkeezer likes this.
  19. Mossman

Man, there ain't no end to the generosity! @RiverDog steps up again with two more items!

Item #10

For all you project junkies like me.

Squier Strat SE body and neck

Guitar is black, neck is attached with included plate and screws. Neck has tuners installed and two string trees. Tremolo, springs, and claw are included. No pickguard or backplate. No electronics included aside from the input jack. Trem cavity has been filed out a bit towards lower bout but it's not visible. Very minor dings and scratches present but overall it's in pretty nice condition. Frets are great.

Bidding starts at $20. As usual, PM your bids to Mossman with the item # in the title.

RD Squier.jpg

Item #11

PRS SE gig bag. In very good condition. Has straps for handles and also backpack straps.

We'll start this off with a $20 opening bid as well.

RD PRS bag.jpg

Also, @tobijohn makes another valuable contribution to the cause...

Item #12

Marshall Code 25 modelling amp, excellent condition other than the small piece on the handle that cracked off (see pics).

More info: https://marshall.com/marshall-amps/products/amps/code/code25

Starting bid: $50

TJ Marshall code 1.JPG

TJ Marshall Code 2.JPG

TJ Marshall Code 3.JPG

TJ Marshall Code 4.JPG

20. sabasgr68

sabasgr68 Well-Known Member

I just want to thank everybody, beginning with Ed Mossman and all generous donors; all who are showing interest in the items auctioned, and those who have approached in other ways.

Considering the world status right now, with some situations no one can still predict how will they turn for us all, it just make all the more valuable every single gesture of generosity for me and my family, and that´s what I appreciate more; not the what, but the intention on it.

Thanks again, AGFers; this place proves once more why it is what it is.

Much love to all of you!

Mossman, Pratteman, bleys21 and 2 others like this.