This Just In: Having A Sense Of Humor In General Is Now Illegal.

Discussion in 'What's left to Talk About?' started by rrobbone, Jul 10, 2018.

1. rrobbone

rrobbone Well-Known Member

2. uwmcscott

uwmcscott AGF Survivor Champ

Or you can just not read social media/news and be a lot happier in general ;-)

adad, Jaymo, nrussell23 and 7 others like this.
  3. thepezident

thepezident Well-Known Member

Gotta be honest...thought this thread was about a joke about the Thai cave rescue and Kevin Spacey...

4. RiverDog

RiverDog Well-Known Member

Did these offended female musicians also start a petition to get the bands Pussy Riot or Nashville Pussy to change their names?

Jaymo, minpind, blowtorch and 2 others like this.
  5. Geoffrey Charles

Geoffrey Charles Well-Known Member

The products name offended a random self proclaimed "guitarist" that decided to read the product description anyway.

Raindog likes this.
  6. RiverDog

RiverDog Well-Known Member

Now I want to download that TonePrint on my TC Flashback and it's gone. :(

needhelp and Tsukiyomi like this.
  7. idiotsdelight

idiotsdelight Well-Known Member

Jesus H Christ.

At least pussy grabbing is still in vogue.

Jaymo, Raindog, DominicC and 3 others like this.
  8. RockYoWorld

RockYoWorld Well-Known Member

I can kinda see it from the offended women's points of view, but it is obviously a joke in a parody world. I can see their point because it's an official TC Electronic's patch available for download. However, when she says its used to market the product, that's wrong. Toneprints are like patches. It's a custom setup that you can download if you wish.

It really is stupid language to use, but also an obvious, over-the-top joke. I'm moreso inclined to say, "don't listen to the band and don't use the TonePrint," but at the same time never found the humor in making "pussies wet." Now, I wouldn't be offended if there was a TonePrint called "CockCrusher," but there isn't any history behind it...

Summary of my thoughts: yeah, it's pretty sexist, but it's just vulgar humor. She probably has a petition to get South Park off the air as well.

despiadado and Deadman73 like this.
  9. RedLesPaul

RedLesPaul Well-Known Member

Someone needs to chill the fuck out.

10. Fat Jack

Fat Jack Well-Known Member

Gawwwddd seems like anytime some gets butthurt it's news. Whatever happened to getting a life and getting on with it.

11. Mikesr1963

Mikesr1963 Well-Known Member

I'm offended that she likes to use the word fuck. She used it in one of her earlier Canada Day posts and I'm offended by context in which she used it. She should be banned from fucking for an entire year and pussy sown shut.

On the other hand. The Pussy Melter is orgasmicly fan- f u c k i n gtastic.

Jaymo likes this.
  12. Mikesr1963

Mikesr1963 Well-Known Member

Who knew they had a facebook page too. By the way I corrected the grammar on the post.
    upload_2018-7-10_18-51-37.png

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    despiadado and Mossman like this.
  13. bygdaddy

bygdaddy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I hope they change the name to flaming cock. I doubt any males would give a shit.

Jaymo and needhelp like this.
  14. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

If doing an apology it should read more like this.

Our company is ashamed that we used the term "pussy" in our product description. We were led to believe that the "pussy" in question was referring to a cat. As it turns out we are horrified that "pussy" in fact it was a sexual reference referring to a womans vagina and not a "pussy"cat. The term is not seemingly derogatory but actually "pussy" is warmly received to the overwhelming number of men in the rock and roll industry. Still it is slang and we will remove its reference. In researching this we also found other terms such as snatch, twat, cunt, wizard sleeves, honeypot, dew petals, fish tank, Box, Muff, Kitty, Cooch, Cooter, Snapper, Beaver, Poon, Gash, Banana basket, Juice box, Pink panther, Bikini bizkit, Penis fly trap, Vertical smile, Furburger, Bearded clam, Sausage wallet, Meat curtains, Pink taco or even Axe wound.
    Even though we are sorely tempted to name products with monikers such as Wizard sleeve, vertical smile, sausage wallet, or Axe wound we will go through all product descriptions and remove anything even smelling of "pussy". Let alone Axe wound, cooch, beaver, gash and twat. We are very sensitive to our women customers who in their entire rock and roll career had never had to deal with any of these terms or the people who might use them.
    Once again we are sorry if you have been offended.

Jaymo, tvvoodoo, andrewsrea and 5 others like this.
  15. PsychoCid

PsychoCid Well-Known Member

Hm. Flaming, you say. Nope, no one would misinterpret that!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hey but anyway. I remain optimistic the next cultural movements and generation will be a little more pragmatic than our times.

Jaymo and despiadado like this.
  16. Mossman

Mossman Well-Known Member

Oh for fuck's sake! I'm getting really fed up with all this far-left, uber-PC, SJW, Snowflake, bullshit, insanity that seems to be taking over our culture lately!

I have to avoid reading shit like this when I stumble across it out on the web, because it'll just piss me off for an hour and a half and it makes me truly fear the future.

I'm not a big fan of lavatory humor, and "Pussy Melter" may have been in bad taste, but so what?? Get over it. This shouldn't ruin anyone's life! There are far too many people out there these days who want to make hurting their feelings, or offending their delicate sensibilities a litigiously actionable offense! They're perpetually on the lookout for anything that can even vaguely be construed as "offensive".

And when you're looking for something, you're always going to find it... Even if you have to use pretzel logic to get there.

These people are very disillusioned and resentful, because their mommies and daddies told them they were 'special' all their lives, and they hovered around them like helicopters, so they'd never get a skinned knee, or have to suffer any of the other minor indignities that come with being alive. All the while they were told that they were "unique", and entitled to all the best things in life just for being who they are.

Many were quite unpleasantly surprised when they went out into the real world and discovered that they weren't gonna get any more trophies just for showing up... The painful realization that not a single fuck is given about their 'feels', or how 'unique' they are is almost too much to bear for a lot of them. Maybe if they were allowed to fall off their bikes once in a while, or endure some constructive criticism every now and then, they might not have ended up such an angry mass of neurosis with victim mentality.

Honestly, I don't know how you can go through life like that... Always angry, always offended (with an ample supply of axes to grind).. How can you have friends or relationships when every little thing sets you off? How can you function when your main priority is finding offence, and figuring out how you're a 'victim' in every situation?

But what scares me the most is; these are the people who will be running the world in a few years.

[Edit]

Actually, I take that back... All these people have liberal arts degrees, so they'll all probably end up homeless....

Oh wait... Was that offensive??

JAMES SCHAFFNER, Jaymo, Spike and 7 others like this.
  17. minpind

minpind Well-Known Member

I was thinking about saying some things but the thought police might come get me so the only thing I can say is.....

Yes.

despiadado, RiverDog and Mossman like this.
  18. cottonmike

cottonmike Well-Known Member

Great response. So well crafted, I need not to add. Only that, written in red, is precisely the plan.

Mossman likes this.
  19. cottonmike

cottonmike Well-Known Member

This is damned funny. There's a few I haven't even heard. Wizard sleeve!

It's funny to know that some of these descriptive words are very derogatory, while some are quite endearing, in my view.

Such a wonderful organ. I like to refer to it as it is: A damn fine Miracle!

Thank you, Lawd.

nomadh likes this.
  20. Rokdog

Rokdog Well-Known Member

on the hit list...

2d8c5eb15d6f2f021529ac87ca8c3a4c.jpg
    799737340628fc2d1a784bbf38b75e9a.jpg eff0593d062f4858e6d7edee318b2a3a.jpg df452fea2b5c89a1da9aab151edb3b20.jpg
    [​IMG] [​IMG] 05e520a2ee22a0f28cf85eeb23b280df.jpg

how about Neil Giraldo's new 3 Chord Bourbon

047d1f36841a8fe21f9f8112a822637c.jpg