last night I dyed the a few small parts of the strap in yellow, where there was a CSB effect. Then the rest of the strap red. Not rocket science just a simple sponge operation. didn't stop to take pics because, well dyeing evenly is not a "stop to take photos" friendly operation. Anyway this morning the painting of the night sky was the next operation. a few pics. Not really paint, just re-dying with fiebings black dye but using a small brush. basically, i like to move from left to right on this stuff, and generally pull stain towards me, not push away. Causes less troubles. I had to keep trimming the cheap dollar store brush I was using because bristles kept going awry. Also, sometimes you have to flip the piece different directions to get a better angle on stuff. These super closeups are rather cringeworthy to me looking at them on my screen. I am going to have to go back to make sure I got some of the details i can see I have missed here. I For real tight spaces I used another expensive specialized tool called a "Frozen Treat Stick Cut To a 37 Degree Angle." After this photo I also hummed and hawed about it, but then went in and did the inside of the scallops better along the top of the sky. and it really help finish things, and I don't know why it was such a hard decision for me to make. Also took some more red dye and plopped one drop of black in it, which got me a dark burgundy which which to do some additional shading with my finger on some of the "cave" elements, and mountain-sides so they weren't quite so pure red. It darkened them down just a bit and gave the whole piece more depth. Nicer. Next step is I have to do some more black dye on a few spokes of the pinwheel part, and let it all dry again, Then some painting with acrylic, not a whole lot. There is white on the pinwheel also, the start and moon are white, flames coming out of the volcano and the dragon/bird mouth is white and yellow, and there is a green leafy thing on the front part. Actually funny story, on the replica I am following it shows as a green leafy thing. on the ORIGINAL, I have not found it's supposed to be another dragon. So the replica guy was also unsure what to do because he didn't have good pics either. Whatevs. I am pleased how it's coming along. I think I will make another one or two of these. After the painting, I will seal it all with some special sealer stuff. Then I might try to antique it a bit, get some dark into the nooks and crannies, to make it all pop a bit more. But I will be doing a test on a test piece first, which I am keeping as i go along, going to be a real conversation piece for sure.