TVvoodoo's Insanitarium (slight return)

Discussion in 'Project Depot' started by tvvoodoo, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Chocol8

Chocol8 Well-Known Member

So, white with black roses - lengthened, or black with silver dragons for the Cabronita. The hardware is silver, pick guard white, so I think it will look good with either. I will measure tomorrow to be sure on length, but I know the current strap is too short.

Currently thinking Stingray or back full circle and Bluesbreaker II for the Strat.

2. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member AGF Registered Dealer

on the StrapLab workbench today, (and nearly done except for a whole buncha holes), a half dozen new WildThings, in Snow Leopard and Dusk Tiger (oh-oh, lawyers!)
    Look for these in my store in a day or two. Teh reviews of the ones that I have sold quickly already were pretty great, so I decided to follow the money for a change.

[​IMG]

Speaking of following the money, I also take this opportunity to congratulate Mr. Jim Irsay on his impressive NUGD, and on the off chance he happens to be watching, remind him and all who own iconic black on black strats with maple boards, I am fully willing and able to supply these at a reasonable price:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. rrobbone

rrobbone Well-Known Member

I'd be careful of making a deal with Irsay... I hear that family can't be trusted.

COLTS-LEAVE.0.0.jpg

tobijohn likes this.

4. Chocol8

If you have spent any time in Baltimore, you would understand the desire to GET THE FUCK OUT ASAP anyway you can!

(I am checking the mail with anticipation...any day now!)

5. tvvoodoo

^ I think they should be there by now, @Chocol8 let me know if not, I can check my records, cast a spell, offer a sacrifice or something to speed the arrival.

today in the StrapLab we are working on a His 'n Hers set. I've done a few of these before, this fellow was real particular. Wanted the blue stage king ribbon, but married to black leather instead of the corduroy material, and rolled edges. The ladies strap is just a bit slimmer, particularly down the frontside, to accommodate those special womanly charms.

1dccb3ce7f1a8409dc8827c9b42d3eb4.jpg

Other than that, not much in here right now. Working on a couple of new Byzantine straps, in the Dothraki style, the favoured strap of bloodthirsty raping and pillaging bands of Khals everywhere.
    Also doing some packaging & sending, as well as some future concepting for AGF brother @Chad who inside ten days or so will suddenly look down to find himself surprisingly Well-Hung.
    It's always exciting to send a package out to a new customer, but I know Chad has been looking and watching for quite some time, I hope the goods come close to all the hype LOL!

an old friend Andre, who leads a local cover band up here called Midlife Crisis, purchased a strap last week, and noted to me by text today he is really diggin' the "Legion" strap I dropped off for
    him at his Glass shop the other day. I've known Andre for maybe a dozen years or so, knew he was a gigger, but never actually tried to sell him anything, (other than advertising space in
    the newspapers I worked for LOL). He mentioned he was having issues with a strap during a gig, and I saw my opening. He was rather put off after looking at my reverb strap shop, texting me
    "HOW DID I NOT KNOW YOU WERE IN THIS BUSINESS?????!!!" :ROFLMAO: Told him I like flying under the radar locally. Really, though I'm not, I've had have a bunch of straps in the only local music store for years now, he just never thought to look at them.

Andre is a skilled player, his guitar hero is Eddie Van, and he can definitely shred a note or two in that vein. He quoted via text" "Strap is incredible. The service was incredible. The PERSONAL TOUCHES to the transaction, UNBELIEVABLE" (I threw some of my regular goodies in). fun story. I know he has a whack of gear, so maybe he'll buy a few over time. Here's hoping!

Training for my new day job a few days a week, auto service desk guy. Getting schooled by a twenty something mother to be, who is heavily armed with an amazing smile and uses it to calm annoyed customers far more quickly than I thought possible. Plus she can talk calipers, pads and and rotors with the best of them - quite interesting. I'll be covering for her for pregnancy leave. Lotta forms, software, scheduling, mechanical concepts stuff to learn. Mechanics are younger and really funny fellas too. Fun place, but a little chaotic. Auto service desk is like the dentist, says my boss. Nobody wants to go, but you just gotta grin and bear it and whip out the plastic, 'cause often it hurts.

tobijohn and BrianSkeezer like this.
  6. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

So what you are saying is:
    If you have a brother in Baltimore and another in a Mexican prison
    Help get the brother in Baltimore out first? :)

tvvoodoo and BrianSkeezer like this.
  7. rrobbone

rrobbone Well-Known Member

Cool beans! Good luck with the new gig!

tvvoodoo likes this.
  8. Chocol8

If you have a brother in Baltimore, you tell him to come visit and bring two bushels of blue crabs with him. He is on his own as far as moving out to somewhere nicer.

My straps have been here for a couple days, but I haven’t been home. I just got back and I am leaving again first thing in the morning. I will plan on doing pictures and whatnot Monday night.

On first inspection they are awesome, but you already knew that!

BrianSkeezer, tvvoodoo and nomadh like this.
  9. tvvoodoo

Just throwing in some pics of a few recent custom order sets from the past few weeks.
    two Dragonhides flanking a "Dothraki" this turned out to be an ultra cool set.

38391c1a43ae605a0c385fae50a82fff.jpg

His 'n Hers blues set for a tdpri fellow, turned out wonderful (ribbon on black leather), ...
    do it 'til we're Black and Blue

446dcdb1b873e3bd0f5a1c6dd62ee8a8.jpg

on the left below, had a guy commission a Well-Hung Unicorn! Just a plain ultra padded black leather strap.
    I only did it because he purchased the other two on the right, a Hendrix Gilmour "Excess of Exes", and the red Matrika.

6a4b42d14bba88a0ec33ff015ff32a24.jpg

Also working on a set of four for a Canadian fellow, Jake out east from the Canadian Guitar forum, but can't finish until I get back
    Had to close the Reverb storefront for a bit... big summer road trip planned for the next week and a bit... hope to be able
    to hit a leather store or two, pick up some new materials, etc.

Will be checking forum messages here an elsewhere, but I don't think anyone can even communicate or look at the
    Well-Hung Guitar Accessories shop when it's in holiday mode. Too bad, you'd think reverb would at least let people browse.

anyway hope to check in on my travels from time to time, leaving in about an hour happy Saturday everyone!

rrobbone, nomadh, slowhand84 and 2 others like this.
  10. tvvoodoo

I like traveling to find new things to explore

20190706_182540.jpg

Spike and tomringg like this.
  11. slowhand84

slowhand84 Well-Known Member

Brad don’t do it buddy, we all need you to stay here on Earth with us and that looks like a fate worse than death :ROFLMAO:.

Super excited for my triple Well Hung day, should be here any day now (I think Tuesday?)

BrianSkeezer and tvvoodoo like this.
  12. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

Ebay has a vacation setting where it posts a header message and when you will be back to ship. It doesn't suspend anything it just gives customers the option to browse or buy if they want but they wont get it until later.

tvvoodoo likes this.
  13. tobijohn

tobijohn The Great Enabler Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I've seen the same done with individual items on Reverb but I'm not sure if that setting exists for an entire store. If you only have a few items listed, it's not a big deal but if you've got dozens like Brad does, that could be a real PITA...

tvvoodoo and nomadh like this.
  14. tvvoodoo

hello my pickin' and pluckin' peeps.

Been kind of derailed life-wise with my new day job, but I am getting a bit more comfortable in the crazy zone there, and will slowly regain normal life back I hope.
    Had a day off today, was supposed to tidy my shop, but instead I just picked away at a few things that needed getting done, and picked a bit of guitar too.

First off, as this is a project thread, a strap end I fixed for gigging a TDPRI guy, a pretty nice old Levy's strap, if a bit underpadded. The nose hole was totes worn out worse than a 38 year old meth ho. Scary situation. Cut off the bad bit, inserted some good bridle leather in the hole, glued and sewed 'er all up. Should be good for another fifteen years easy.

e4a021726e19afed98581c8b68ea0f65.jpg

Good old Canadian Levy's is now USA owned - they sold out to Gator a couple of months ago. Kind of sad, but I believe will still build some straps in Canada.
    I note they suddenly have straps that incorporate amplifier grill in the design. How creative of them to come up with such a fresh new idea! :rolleyes:

A few new straps in the store after finishing some builds today also.

Nigiri, which is a No Prisoners style strap with a hair-on pattern strip down the middle in a snake scale design. Strange, but cool. the rest of the body, black leather

70cc01cbad72f2dcc78edb47cdd6b15a.jpg

Desert Rat is another No Prisoners strap in brown and beige webbing with a bunch of antique brass hardware and good harness leather ends in saddle.

dcf2931be029420c9b1c0bc7b3806839.jpg

And finally, Aggressor, which is a super lonnnnng No Prisoners strap starting at 54"-65+" with black leather main body, and a tan fake leather grommetted belt with four or five dozen grommets in it in two sizes. Fun strap, very comfy and badass. Sorry for the blurry pic - good for a Big and Tall or a krabkore straight-arm pickin' fella

c710f274463a3cebfae0d5aab0580498.jpg

Other than that, finished a couple of new Dothraki straps I've been meaning to get at, and also started a strap prototype design based on the Stark family daily armor, which will be kind of fun for the GOT fans out there -waiting for brass rivets I ordered - so at a standstill on that one. Gonna be cool though. I looked it up online, its called a Brigadine, sort of an armoured vest-meets-dress, anyway, this is kind of the look I am going for, though the first one I am trying is in brown suede, not oiled leather.
    56857e37ee3783cf61fa43b9e4c4ab15.jpg

We pause now for station identification from my good friend Ron B

eaedf8268079f88c0a8f240561b2ddc0.jpg

Miss being on AGF everyday, just don't have the time much anymore - kind of coming home a bit exhausted. But 100% in a healthy good way.
    Hope all of you in the Well-Hung Tribe are having a fantastic summer.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    nomadh, tomringg, Chocol8 and 3 others like this.
  15. tvvoodoo

Some new things I've been picking away at...
    Few more Well-Hung No Prisoners style guitar straps went up today.

b9e3012ab486dab7ad81403600b0b447.jpg

Quickdraw is a western Sheridan emboss, with gunmetal studs on luxurious "warm grey" chap leather cowhide I found on my holiday travels.

baf1cd94d9d58c62a17e410800dda743.jpg

Exterminator is a grommeted "punk" belt (with a bit of built in mojo) on cowhide croc emboss,

0cd9e44896b91f55929e404cffa15100.jpg

"The B*stard" above is more of that "Brey" cowhide with super studded belt, flat studs in black attached.

All these straps are serious heavy-duty stage ready pieces. NO "starter pack" stuff here. Heavy leather ends, ultra padded, 3" wide, rolled edges for comfort. Handmade by me, your forum brother with love. Many would agree the Well-Hung experience is well worth paying a little more for. Please review my feedbacks on reverb to find out more, or ask away via PMs

Also... check out my own design jumbo strap buttons, and old school strap locks still available, made to order.
    Will add in at least one bonus Poker chip switchplate, with any AGF no-dicker strap order.

Hope your summer is going well and nobody is threatening to run you off you property.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Chocol8 and BrianSkeezer like this.
  16. Chocol8

I like the no prisoners series! Some pretty cool and unique straps in that group.

17. tobijohn

tobijohn The Great Enabler Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Hmm, I don't know if I have anything from the No Prisoner series. If this is something that's only come about in the last couple months than probably not...

tvvoodoo likes this.
  18. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

Its funny how the art of the music transfers to the art of the look of the instrument and then to the art of the strap. Now we are accessorizing our guitars like women matching their shoes to a new dress.
    I would like to know how many people have put one of these $100 straps on a $129 guitar.
    Not critical or crazy. Just funny where our hobby takes us. I do see these straps as a fun excuse to buy an "art piece". Those last 3 straps are tempting..

tvvoodoo likes this.
  19. tomringg

tomringg Well-Known Member

That would be me, after doing $100+ worth of mods on the guitar, too.

nomadh and tvvoodoo like this.
  20. tvvoodoo

John you own Crazy Horse, one of my all-time favourite straps, and a No Prisoner series strap