TVvoodoo's Insanitarium (slight return)

Discussion in 'Project Depot' started by tvvoodoo, Nov 29, 2010.

1. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Well-Known Member

Not often does a Well-Hung guitar strap deserve it's own video, but this baby does.
    Tried to take a photo zooming to show the sparkles, not bad, but that wasn't enough to show it off,

8c560d5f008c900728d3b08e72c80f04.jpg

Calling this one Glitter Bomb, I have two of them. If you like the sparkle, have a black beauty with the gold , or maybe a gold sparkle guitar
    or goldtop that's blacked out, this might be your strap. 3" wide, ultra-padded, heavy leather ends. Adjust from about 43" to about 56"

93a3257a6ca47afff48d8b33f473b970.jpg

hoping to have these up on reverb inside a week. I'm a bit behind... had a decent selling season, but my new job is 6-days a week, so it's really hard to find time to make new straps and list them. I do have a number of new ones to go up, but the taking pics and listing straps for sale is not my favourite part of the process

2. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

Video says private.

tvvoodoo likes this.
  3. tvvoodoo

whoops, the new youtube upload is throwing me for a loop. checking into it now

I think it's fixified now, strap being modelled by the Akela

glitter bomb with golden wolf.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    tomringg and fullonshred like this.

4. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

So are we supposed to post pics of our straps with pets by end of this year.
    Or was that last year. I can't find a reference to it now. Time keeps on slippin

5. tvvoodoo

Pets is for this year, or fake/toy animal. In the "suddenly I'm well-hung" review thread, not this one.

nomadh likes this.
  6. tvvoodoo

I wish I had more time to work on stuff, or even play guitar these days. I sat down this morning to fiddle through some of my own stuff, I found my fret hand finger callouses were completely gone. Damn. It doesn't take long, and it takes twice as long to build them back as it does to lose them, In my experience.

Anyway, with what short time I have in my world these days, (new job is six days a week), I took a bit of time this morning to start packing up some Annual Customer appreciation draw stuff, and build some Tee shirts. Other than that I also sort of invented something.

A repeat Reverb customer named Randall told messaged me that he strayed off the path of righteousness, and purchased a rather expensive strap from what I thought was a heretofore reputable company I shall not name only to say it rhymes with "Pranklin". Seems things have changed over there, what he showed me he got was outright sad. Imagine shelling out for a high end strap that is well constructed, looks nice, but a good six inches too short. The strap would go a bit longer, but the way it's designed, it can only adjust on the back end, so the shoulder part looks absolutely wrong, laying on the front of his chest when he tries to get it close (low hanging bass player). Why do manufacturers seem to make most straps for tiny Asian men? Because they are made by Asian ladies maybe? I don't get it.

Randall asked me if a I could come up with something to help him out, and I did. Necessity is the mother of invention I guess... loosely based on my own Well-Hung Old School leather strap locks, a seven inch strap extender, with a strap lock tab on the button.

fc212f7c0b59bd633e53b3c7586a1975.jpg

another sort of interesting thing to show and tell thing is a cool bit of leather I found while drunk surfing on ebay. Wasn't much leather here in the little bit I was able to get, but enough to make a few straps with some scraps left over. I wonder if there are might be any purple python needs within the AGF members? With the recent trend of purple-bursted pauls over the past few years I expect these will be snapped up rather quickly on Reverb, once they are ready maybe in a week or so.

d177f9f81f09a8ae091525be31d97835.jpg

in honor of the colour above, Gibson's announcement this week and because I got some tunes rocking in the straplab this afternoon, CRANK IT!

tobijohn, jtcnj, fullonshred and 2 others like this.
  7. rrobbone

rrobbone Well-Known Member

Good question. Good thing we have you around, huh?

Why does Phil X keep showing up with different guitars, making me want each one I see even more than the last?

tvvoodoo likes this.
  8. tvvoodoo

I guess that makes him a natural to be endorsed! Though to honest I did not care much for his framus thing

9. tvvoodoo

Like some of you fellas, I have a good number of guitars, a few more than a dozen. But I'll be damned if I have one that best satisfies what this strap needs when it comes to taking a photo. So, I guess am taking a big chance thinking that somebody out there has one that needs this strap LOL!

Totally gettin' yer pimp on. Born on my workbench to the soothing sounds of real old Dokken, (if that makes any difference).
    Made a few actually, but will put them up on reverb one at a time, they are all pretty much the same one is a bit shorter, one is a bit longer.

b374ab1f56be0893706b54f8f81958da.jpg
    FILE UNDER: Humblebraggin'

Just a few words from actual Well-Hung tribesmen truth-tellers, as-submitted to my reverb feedbacks over the past few months. Some of them might even be AGFrs, if so, probably those ones might be of questionable veracity LOL

"Really beautiful and special strap. Unique one of a kind and super well made. Very pleased." Jay

"Can't say "Thank You!" enough. Amazing guitar strap.The best I have used." Thomas

"This is the best-made and most comfortable strap I've ever owned. Quality materials, heavy-duty stitching and just the right amount of shoulder padding. Super-fast shipping." Roger

"Outstanding straps, Highest of Quality and great padding. Gonna order some more for all my fiddles" Daddy O

"The strap is a wonder in Itself. To be repeated anytime anywhere!" Levy

"Exquisite crafting of each strap; each one unique unto itself. Very creative designs with the best, respective material(s). Great practicality too as one should last an individual a lifetime The straps are simply extraordinary. Anyone considering one of this sellers straps will not be disappointed in my opinion. Order one and smile upon opening the package." The Tone Shop

"Wow! what a great amazing guitar strap. Beautiful leatherwork, extra padded and looks amazing." Frank

"Another perfect strap. Few things in life are as satisfying as opening up the package and putting your hands on your new strap custom made with craftsmanship and love." Just a Nobody with a Guitar Addiction

"Excellent quality, already easily the most comfortable strap I own." Jack

"The strap is amazing! Excellent quality and craftsmanship. I will be ordering all future straps from Well-Hung! Glad to finally be Well-Hung!" Adam

Annnnnnnd a bonus design thing I found kicking around while cleaning up my desktop- actually had the one in the middle top and bottom made (double sided), some of you guys might even still have that one. I gave them all away with straps.

python picks.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  10. nomadh

nomadh Well-Known Member

These are great! I dont remember these. Will you be printing more?

tvvoodoo likes this.
  11. tvvoodoo

I was hoping to start sort of a collector's scheme, I sent out a couple hundred in your general direction picks over the past two years but never got one comment back. I'M not sure if folks "got" it.

jam likes this.
  12. jamdogg

jamdogg Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have the double sided “general direction” pick on my nightstand - but the glow in the dark Plectra is my go to lately.

It’s these quirky/unique little things that make playing a bit more fun.

BrianSkeezer and tvvoodoo like this.
  13. jam

jam Well-Known Member

That purple python might look good with a purple Grote...

BrianSkeezer likes this.
  14. jamdogg

jamdogg Well-Known Member Supporting Member

or the new purple burst epi.

15. tvvoodoo

Perhaps there is but one guitar most-deserving and fully and Wyldley worthy of the Purple Python.

391a70fa8f328a98f6c4787bfa5f8d60._.jpg

This week been working on some vintage woven style straps, just kind of a left turn, change things up a bit.
    This style can't help but add some cool factor to any rig, some even have a nice little bounce to 'em.

6e0aa815398a1dd922c87cf0b55db4e2.jpg

a72254f36e7380ca44e35f6e6638042a.jpg

jtcnj, BrianSkeezer, jam and 2 others like this.
  16. tvvoodoo

Been trying to wrap my head around how the real crafty folks do professional leather weaving and such lately, figured I'd try my hand at it myself.
    If you think cutting identical lines in a 36" long piece of leather could be fun and challenging work? Think again!

69894c4b8171fae37f719930197a7979.jpg

But, once you do some weaving, (this is probably of the absolute most simple sort), things can kind of come out pretty cool.
    Simple as it was, I found myself having to back out and correct weaving errors a couple times, and probably said some bad words out loud.

d990a3a208d348a28390c419b9ef6cb3.jpg

Also, some of you bad-ass types who walk with a swagger and are probably packing heat, (or at the very least a shiv)
    may be glad to know there are more pythons in the pipeline, these are in beautiful black and graphite

219f14aaf1aa6782e498d460fa491d4a.jpg

jam, tomringg and BrianSkeezer like this.
  17. tvvoodoo

Finished some of my new Grey Pythons today, then loaded up the thermos and skidoo'd back into the muskegs northeast of me to set a couple traps... hoping to catch me a few more.

0wq013d127d41.jpg

Been real warm (-2) after a minus 36 spell last week. Sometimes this can fool our Northern Muskeg Python into coming out of hibernation early. I got a feeling there are some rare variegated "specials" in the area I've been trapping... Time will tell.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    jtcnj, Chocol8 and BrianSkeezer like this.
  18. tobijohn

tobijohn The Great Enabler Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Sent you a message through Reverb...

tvvoodoo likes this.
  19. jam

jam Well-Known Member

Ah, the Musky Python. That's why I always carry my chainsaw, eh?

tvvoodoo likes this.
  20. tvvoodoo

Wait 'til I reveal what I use for bait!

slowhand84 and jam like this.