Twelfth Day

Discussion in 'Jam Room' started by Tyrannocaster, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Tyrannocaster

Tyrannocaster Well-Known Member

Here is the tune I promised @BrianSkeezer, LOL. This started out because I liked the way he posted a soundclip using the good old C-Am-F-G progression and I started playing with it myself, only to find that it quickly mutated into something very different. Boy, did it. I have been sitting on this for a few days, waiting for my friend Aaron to come over so we could put a small single line of voiceover onto the tune; Aaron is one of those lucky people whose voice just records easily. We got that done last night and I've just edited it together.

I think this came out pretty well. The Fendery sounds are from Fenders or clones (my Bentley partscaster, my Warmoth Desert Rose Strat) and the humbuckery things were all done with my blue Reville, which I am enjoying now that I have got most of the bridge issues taken care of. Amps were a Marshall 18 and I also used my RP500.

There are some nice not-quite-sour notes in the solo, which was one of those lucky times when everything goes right and you just hit RECORD, do it in one take and stop, with no overdubs or edits. I love it when that happens!

Link in the bump. Meanwhile, here are the guitars:

12thDayCollage.jpg

BrianSkeezer likes this.
  2. Tyrannocaster

Tyrannocaster Well-Known Member

3. BrianSkeezer

BrianSkeezer Well-Known Member

Sounds very Dub! Wow! There's a lot going on there, and not in a bad way. Sounds very professionally done. Great job.

Tyrannocaster likes this.