What image for Agile owners?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roadie Joe, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Roadie Joe

Roadie Joe New Member

Most products are not only a dollar vote for a company, they also say something about the consumer.
    If you drive a Prius, a dually pickup or a minivan, it tells us something about you. If you play a JEM Ibanez or a Classic Vibe Strat, it says something about you.

What does Agile say, or what do we want it to say?
    For instance, Fender is, I think, more populist than Gibson. In image anyway.

I originally thought Agile was about good value for money, for a smart underdog company, but now I don't know.

Is it about religious and political people that play 8 strings? Christian death metal, cheapskates, old farts or what?

2. gmzanatta

gmzanatta New Member

It's about being 40% smarter for buying one instead of a Gibson :bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

3. erock

erock New Member

it all about saying, "i have strongly held religous views, and will flame all who stand in my way of having everyone else think the same as me" :uh:

sorry couldn't resit. i also say way way way away from all that debate

4. GibsonWho?

GibsonWho? New Member

It's about people who want a good quality guitar but are either unable or unwilling to spend a lot.

5. jhdvorsky

jhdvorsky Well-Known Member

What's this 'guitar' thing you speak of?

6. nrussell23

nrussell23 Mr. Crown Royal Staff Member

i'm pretty sure nobody here but you thinks that. the majority of the members here are able and willing to spend a lot of money on guitars. they CHOOSE not to because you can get the same quality from Agile.

proof of this is the people who own 5, 10, or 20+ guitars from Rondo. we are clearly able and willing to spend LOTS of money. we would just rather have 5,10, or 20 guitars instead of spending all that money on 1 guitar.

7. diffra

diffra Active Member

He did say "unwilling"

8. gmzanatta

gmzanatta New Member

Not necessarily. I have to agree with him in the fact that, when I got my 3KM, I was unable to spend money on a Gibson, and thus started looking for alternatives and found Agile. I'm sure glad I did though.

9. Luke137

Luke137 Well-Known Member

dude maybe you have LOTS of money to spend, but ALOT of us don't. That is a very wrong assumption. I don't have any money so that isn't true. I like these guitars because they are a great value for the money. I don't have the money for an expensive guitar so I would rather buy a quality one from here. I don't know why you would think most of us have lots of money.

10. erol

erol Well-Known Member

it says that we are all smart and that we are not going to pay alot for this muffler.

11. rambleon

rambleon Well-Known Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

:p
    :bigthumb:

12. GibsonWho?

GibsonWho? New Member

Oh nick. You're a fun guy.

How many people on here own 20+ guitars from Rondo? 3? 4? For you to use that as an example, cmon now. I'm willing to bet the majority of people on this forum own 1-3 Agiles.

You as usual are misinterpreting what I said though. I didn't mean that they're unwilling to spend a lota money on guitars period. Just that they are unwilling to pay a lot for one. I meant exactly what you said. :bigthumb:

And as for "same quality", let's not go to that bull again. Yeah, an AL-2000 is the same quality as a $2000 dollar custom shop Carvin. Sure.

They're great guitars, and there are definitely other guitars for more money that are of the same quality, but this whole "Agiles > everything" attitude is misguided budget brand loyalty. Most people here aren't stricken by that disease though, and are capable of pointing out that some higher-end guitar that they have is better than their Agile. :bigthumb:

13. erol

erol Well-Known Member

WTF????

14. nrussell23

is it a very wrong assumption? look around this forum. how many people own multiple Agiles ? compare that with the number of members who only own 1. a few AL's puts you over $1000 which just about everybody would consider to be "a lot" of money.

you've been here what 5 months jeff ? i've been here almost 4 years. i think i have a better understanding of the amount of people here and what they typically own. it's safe to say the MAJORITY of our members own several guitars from Rondo.

[Edited on 4-8-2010 by nrussell23]

15. GibsonWho?

GibsonWho? New Member

You can own several guitars from Rondo and have it come to a total price of $350. That statement means nothing. And you haven't been here for almost four years. June 2007 to August 2010 is 3 years (well, and two months). :bigthumb:

16. gmzanatta

gmzanatta New Member

Are we taking shots at new members now? That is not AGF's style.

Also, while what you said may be true, how long did it take to people to get all those guitars? I doubt many of them bought 5 or 6 in a single year, and rather about 1, maybe 2 a year, and over a longer period of time now own many.

17. nrussell23

i really don't care. it's impossible to have a discussion with anybody here anymore. this place has totally gone to shit.

cya

18. GibsonWho?

GibsonWho? New Member

I'd run away too if I said somethin' foolish and 10 separate people commented on that fact. Don't blame ya one bit chief.

And if you wanna have a reasonable discussion (and we've certainly had those, so I'm sure its doable)...starting it off by responding to someones opinion with "im sure no one but you thinks that" isn't really a smart idea. Just FYI :bigthumb:

[Edited on 4-8-2010 by GibsonWho?]

19. rambleon

rambleon Well-Known Member Supporting Member

wait...maybe I took the OP too literally :p:p:p:p:p

20. ClaudeBenjamin

ClaudeBenjamin Well-Known Member

I always wanted a "Real" Les Paul but couldn't afford one and could never justify spending that much money on one guitar. I discovered Agile Guitars and have, what I believe, to be the next closest thing without spending oodles of dough. It's probably the same reason I own 10 pairs of $20 sunglasses instead of one $200 pair.

I will also throw a plug for AGF in there as well...the amount of information and advise one can get from the brotherhood that makes up this forum is invaluable and makes Agile guitars even that much more appealing. We're an odd group, no doubt, but everyone belongs.

That's the news folks...and...I...am...outta...here!

[​IMG]

[Edited on 8-4-2010 by ClaudeBenjamin]