What's In Your Guitar Tool Kit?

Discussion in 'Project Depot' started by helsinkirocks, Aug 17, 2019.

1. helsinkirocks

helsinkirocks Well-Known Member

We all have them laying around our studio, or put away neatly in a drawer, but I thought I'd show off my little kit and ask- what is in yours?

Granted, I have more- like polish, cloths, steel wool, painters tape, a soldering kit, screwdrivers, etc..but this is contains more or less all of my set up tools (well, except the fretboard level tool, which is way too big to fit).

This is a nice little kit I bought from Rondo a few years ago (which they still seem to have)-
    https://www.rondomusic.com/tk001.html

It came with the case (which is honestly pretty nice), 3 double sided nut files, a string winder (end detaches so you can use it with a drill), action height card, and a nut measurement tool...

The tools are fine, they aren't perfect, but I don't do a lot nut work typically, so I can work with them fairly pain free. Then I decided to start adding things to get serious about doing my own set ups and doing them right (I used to just eyeball it). So I got a fretboard level (not shown), a stew mac fret end file, a fret crowning file, few different fretguards, a nice acoustic bridge pin tool, a set of radius gauges with a lot of options (pretty much all from 7.25 to 20"), and a little bag containing a mismash of every size allen key needed for my guitars, and it all fits pretty nicely into that little case.

Still have a few tools I'd like to pick up, but it's a good start I think!

20190817_001603.jpg
    20190817_001648.jpg

BrianSkeezer and DonM like this.
  2. helsinkirocks

helsinkirocks Well-Known Member