Why We Need The 2nd Amendment!

Discussion in 'What's left to Talk About?' started by Perfect Stranger, Dec 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perfect Stranger

Perfect Stranger Well-Known Member

HECK YEAH!

Slow-Mo Breakdown Shows 7 Churchgoers Pulled Guns To Stop Bad Guy in Texas Church

THIS is why we need the 2nd Amendment...

Click on "View"

fullonshred, jtcnj, jamdogg and 3 others like this.
  2. Chocol8

Chocol8 Well-Known Member

In NY, half the people in the church would be dead before the cops showed up, set up a perimeter, and started negotiating for the release of the other half.

zosofan, nomadh, andrewsrea and 3 others like this.
  3. Olde School

Olde School Well-Known Member

If I heard the report correctly the church has armed security officers during every service.

4. stormin1155

stormin1155 Well-Known Member

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

5. Mickey

Mickey Gandalf the Intonationer

That is Texas, I am surprised so few of the congregation were packing.
    Here in Floriduh 20% of the adult population have concealed carry permits.

Oh, and this thread has a distinct possibility of going political.
    If it does it will go bye-bye quickly.

uwmcscott, nomadh and thepezident like this.
  6. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

7. zosofan

zosofan Well-Known Member

Sweet! Sig ftw!

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

backinit likes this.
  8. jhull54

jhull54 Well-Known Member

This incident happened in what is essentially a far westernmost suburb of Fort Worth (I lived there for over a decade and grew up in the area) in what began as truly a "White Settlement" at the very fringe of what was called "Indian territory".

If you know anything about FW--or Panther City, or Cowtown, to use FW nicknames--what happened last weekend is not surprising at all. Go about 5 miles further west and you will be in rolling hills and horse country. Heavy rural population and rural background there where carrying a weapon on your ranch or farm is just normal everyday use of a tool for your job, and folks think nothing of carrying a pistol for self protection.

In some ways, I guess it's a "Texas thing", but as a Texan and growing up with the "Texas mindset" (if you want to call it that) *most* Texans don't think twice about the presence of guns, but they do not glorify them or boast about owning them--with a caveat that there are knuckleheads as well as gun nuts, but those folks are everywhere.

I grew up around guns, and have always viewed them as tools. For most Texans, guns historically are considered necessary tools for living in the state, and they are not really glorified. In most cases, as in this video, you would not have known anyone was packing unless an incident like this took place, because most do not make a big deal about firearms and know in what situations they are only to be used. Again--knuckleheads excluded.

9. backinit

backinit Well-Known Member

It's been proven that killers/criminals don't care about gun free zones.
    I plan on celebrating this triumph over evil by buying a new gun.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    zosofan, fullonshred, jtcnj and 5 others like this.
  10. ID10T

ID10T Well-Known Member

In defense of those fine Texans and people surprised that only 7 had guns.

Only 7 drew guns, the rest felt safe enough to maintain concealment.

Not fact, just opinion.

11. Raindog

Raindog Well-Known Member

Not quite, They have a volunteer security force. The volunteer force have no more legal rights than Joe Public in the congregation. They have just made the commitment to be there, armed, if needed. Kudos to the good guy(s).

zosofan, fullonshred, jtcnj and 8 others like this.
  12. jhull54

Hahaha...You are probably exactly correct. I kind of chuckled at the lady pulling the pistol.

You go, girl.

13. tonray

tonray Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

I'm waiting for the Constitutional case for push/pull POTS before I weigh in

14. Gergo

Gergo Well-Known Member

Glad it worked out this one time. How did the shooter get a gun to begin with? Maybe stricter laws would have saved his life as well.

I had a friend that was a guitar repairman that worked on my guitars back in the early 90s. He was a really nice guy. He was also a gun enthusiast that had to carry a gun with him everywhere.

He was in a pawnshop one evening looking at guitars, and two guys came in to rob the place. I guess he felt obligated to be the "good guy with a gun", and guess what happened? He ended up getting himself killed. The same thing happened to an acquaintance of a friend at a mass shooting at a Walmart in Las Vegas several years back. I guess he figured he'd be the hero and stop the mass shooter, and he ended up getting himself killed as well.

Just my opinion but I think that people running around the country with guns that have absolutely no law enforcement training, trying to intervene and stop robberies and what not, is absolutely insane. Sounds like a great way to get yourself and other bystanders killed.

Stig and idiotsdelight like this.
  15. jhull54

Yeah, I agree that knuckleheads with no training should not carry weapons. Fools game, and you're right--good way to get yourself or others killed.

Fortunately, Jack Wilson was thoroughly trained in the use of firearms, and did what he trained to do perfectly.

fullonshred and Gergo like this.
  16. jamdogg

jamdogg Well-Known Member Supporting Member

wow that looked pretty much text-book execution of threat mitigation. props to those folks for potentially saving many innocent lives of those who were peacefully gathering to celebrate their faith.

fullonshred likes this.
  17. Raindog

I will leave the other points alone to prevent a political debate but I will state that, to expect a person that will disobey a law enough to attempt to kill someone to obey any lesser law banning him from carrying a gun is purely asinine and folly.

zosofan, fullonshred, Mossman and 6 others like this.
  18. Gergo

Gergo Well-Known Member

This is not true. I am a native Texan who owns a 12 gauge and nothing else. It has not been shot in years.

I have no desire to carry a pistol around. Most people here don't. I know a shitload of people that don't (and a few that do). Take that church or instance. Mostly rural people and only 5 out of a couple of hundred had guns on them.

Here is some data about people in Texas carrying guns.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/a...&month=02&date=24&id=626526&oref=www.bing.com

Want to protect your home? Get a 12 gauge. 100% effective at close range. Hell, you don't even have to aim. Just the sound of it pumping would make anyone in their right mind run off. You don't need an automatic assault rifle. That's insane.

19. jhull54

Hey, no problem. You do you. Not sure what isn't "true in the least" about what I posted, but everyone has their opinion, and I respect yours.

Believer likes this.
  20. Raindog

1. If your friends thought as you, no wonder they are dead. Don't have to aim?!? And the sound of pumping the slide of a shotgun to scare someone is a myth. A properly armed shotgunner would already have a round chambered. If someone had a gun on me and racked the slide of the shotgun, he would be dead before the shotgun was back up to his shoulder.
    2. Assault weapons :::sigh::: Assault weapons have been illegal for individual possession by non-class 3 FFLs since 1968. Perhaps you mean an AR-15, which many confuse with an assault weapon because it looks similar. If it don't go full-auto, it ain't an assault weapon. Ever read Janes? I own a .35 semi-automatic rifle that operates just like an AR. But it looks like a hunting rifle. The difference? The .35 puts a 200 grain bullet on target. The other, 55 grain.
    3. As for what I NEED, that isn't up to you or anyone. People need to understand that the 2A doesn't grant you the power to own firearms. It is in place to say that the government may not infringe upon your god-given right to own a firearm. Want/need has nothing to do with it.

f654800560feac3fce272bfab83e371d.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.