Zoom MS-100BT headphone sanity check

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by jrcash9101, Jan 10, 2014.

1. jrcash9101

jrcash9101 Active Member

Just received this yesterday.

All is what I expected so far and the answer to my question has very little impact on the positive impression I have of this device.

I have question in regard to using headphones directly into this unit.

I've seen some hints here and there of people running headphones directly to the mono output. I've seen only one mention of setting the amp model output to line level (which shouldn't matter) and no explanation in any other mention..

This doesn't work for me (sort of as I would expect). Regardless of the setting, running headphones only gives me sound in one ear.

I'm sure I could run a stereo breakout Y cable to accomplish this ( among other methods), but just looking for some confirmation.

Is anyone running headphones directly out of this or the MS-50G? Does it work without any adaptation?

2. tonray

tonray Well-Known Member Supporting Member+

I have a similar pedal (NUX MG-100) and it has a mixer button that you push when using headphone (or a y adapter if you want to use 2 amps) for stereo sound...there may be something similar hidden in the settings somewhere..

3. stevebway

stevebway Metaphysician & Ham

MS-50G has 2 mono jacks as outputs.Both are used for stereo to enhance Chorus effects.